Cutbacks on a longboard

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Cutbacks on a longboard

Post by alakaboo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:43 pm

TrevG wrote:In '54, I was 6 and we came down to camp at Kirra. Had some kind of prefab hut which Dad got from army surplus IIRC.
We just got it up (in pouring rain which is all I can remember about it) and they cleared the camp out because there was a cyclone about to hit the coast around the border. So we had to go home. Two years later we moved down there permanently and built on the hill at Tugun. I was gone by '74 but in 64 or 65 we were living on the beachfornt at Bilinga and I remember a very serious weather event which I guess was a cyclone which absolutely battered out house and the surrounding area.
Sure it wasn't 63?
I've got no records of TCs in 64 or 65. Before my time but I've got good sources.
There was one in 64 that came inland from the Gulf and headed out to sea around Ballina?
TC Annie in 63
4 cyclones and 5 East Coast Lows in 67 :shock:
Last edited by alakaboo on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:48 pm

'67 was the year.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:16 pm

"Knock, knock."
"Who's there?"
"European."
"European who?"
"European on my front lawn."

Bloody Europeans. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:23 pm

Beanpole wrote:"Knock, knock."
"Who's there?"
"European."
"European who?"
"European on my front lawn."

Bloody Europeans. :roll: :roll: :roll:
There once was a girl from Nantucket ,,,whos mouth was so big you could f....etc etc etc....

huie
Local

Post by huie » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:50 pm

steve shearer wrote:'67 was the year.
twas cyclone dinah i was there lived in hasting st and all the good swells that followed
boiling pot only place left in that swell it was the begining of the end for all our beaches rockwalling became a favorite pastime for rich land owners
now why can people cut back on my logs when roy says you cant i am puzzeled >><<
cheers huie

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:02 pm

alakaboo wrote:
TrevG wrote:In '54, I was 6 and we came down to camp at Kirra. Had some kind of prefab hut which Dad got from army surplus IIRC.
We just got it up (in pouring rain which is all I can remember about it) and they cleared the camp out because there was a cyclone about to hit the coast around the border. So we had to go home. Two years later we moved down there permanently and built on the hill at Tugun. I was gone by '74 but in 64 or 65 we were living on the beachfornt at Bilinga and I remember a very serious weather event which I guess was a cyclone which absolutely battered out house and the surrounding area.
Sure it wasn't 63?
I've got no records of TCs in 64 or 65. Before my time but I've got good sources.
There was one in 64 that came inland from the Gulf and headed out to sea around Ballina?
TC Annie in 63
4 cyclones and 5 East Coast Lows in 67 :shock:
In 63 I was already living on the coast and in high school.
I said '54 not '64
But I could be a year out. But not 10. :lol:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:46 pm

TrevG wrote:but in 64 or 65 we were living on the beachfornt at Bilinga and I remember a very serious weather event which I guess was a cyclone which absolutely battered out house and the surrounding area:
that's what I was referring to

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:40 am

alakaboo wrote:
TrevG wrote:but in 64 or 65 we were living on the beachfornt at Bilinga and I remember a very serious weather event which I guess was a cyclone which absolutely battered out house and the surrounding area:
that's what I was referring to
Ah. Ok. my apologies.
We only lived on the beachfront at Bilinga for those 2 years and I remember siting huddled at the front windows watching the rain pelting down and these huge seas pounding the coast across the road.
Couldn't promise it was a cyclone - which is why I used the term "whether event" :oops:
We moved there in about April 1964, left in February 1966.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:26 pm

I just remember the sixties and early seventies as a really wet time compared to the rest of my life. It seems to be returning to that weather pattern at the moment.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:01 pm

.....hope so, I like rain.