Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

damo666
regular

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by damo666 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:23 am

Witty? Please provide an example......just one will do.

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:46 am

roy, would you say your knowledge and grasp of logic is on the same level as your knowledge and grasp of surfing and board building?

i know nothing about large wooden stand-up surfboards, so cannot judge.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:28 am

Roy_Stewart wrote:
kayu wrote:Roy , do you get some kind of search engine advantage if you drag your forum threads out as long as possible with moronic arguements ?...I can see no other logical reason why you would continually make such a dick out of yourself in public on 3 or 4 different forums at once... :?
Threads generally get longer as I reply as reasonably and/or wittily as possible to moronic input from the likes of yourself.

Your current argument is based on two fallacies.
oh....I see....maybe its just garden variety "soap-box" syndrome then......

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:40 am

This is the very paradox of any thought that reveals the falsehood of the real: when reality steals your concept and realizes (fulfills) it, and by the same token flies away from any criticism. Events, deprived of any direction, steal any possible meaning. They adapt to the most fantastic hypotheses like natural species and viruses adapt to the most hostile environments. They show an extraordinary mimetic capacity. There has been a reversal here too: it is no longer theories that have to adapt to events, but events that adapt to theories. In any case, they mystify us because a theory that realizes itself. is no longer a theory. A realized hypothesis is no longer a hypothesis. It is terrifying to see a hypothesis be realized like this. It is terrifying to suddenly see the idea coincide with reality. This is the agony of the concept. The epiphany of the real is the twilight of the concept.
We have lost the advance that ideas had on the world, that distance that makes an idea stay an idea. Thought must anticipate, be exceptional, and in the margin - the projected shadow of the future events. Yet, today, we are lagging behind the events. They may sometimes give the impression that they regress, that they are not what they should be. In fact, they have passed over us for a long time. The simulated disorder of things has gone faster than us. The effect of reality has disappeared behind the acceleration of things - an anamorphosis of speed. What happens to the heterogeneity of thought in a world that has been converted to the craziest hypotheses and to an artificial delirium? In their accelerated occurrence, the events have in a sense swallowed their own interpretation. Things have been cleansed of their own meaning. And consequently, they are like black holes and can no longer reflect. They are what they are, never too late for their occurrence, but always beyond their meaning. What is late rather is the interpretation of things. Interpretation is then merely a retro figure for an unpredictable event.
What to do then? What is there to do when suddenly everything fits the ironic, critical, alternative, and catastrophic model that you suggested (everything fits the model you gave beyond any hopes you had because, in a sense, you never believed it could go that far, otherwise you would never have been able to create it)? Well!... It's heaven! We are beyond doomsday, in the realm of immortality. All there is to do is survive. For, then, at this point, the irony, the challenge, the anticipation, and the evil are terminated, just as hope inexorably dies in front of the gates of hell. In fact, hell starts here. Hell as an inferno characterized by the unconditional realization of all ideas: an inferno of reality. As Adorno proposed, we then understand that concepts prefer to commit suicide rather than come to that point.
Something else has been stolen from us: indifference. The power of indifference, which is the quality of the mind, as opposed to the play of differences, which is the characteristic of the world. But indifference has been taken away from us by a world that has become indifferent. Similarly, the eccentricity of thinking has been taken away by an eccentric world. When things and events refer to one another and to their non-differentiated concept, the equivalence of the world joins and erases the indifference of thinking. Boredom emerges. No more confrontations, no more stakes. Just a parting of dead waters.
How beautiful indifference was in a world that was not indifferent! In a world that was different, convulsive and contradictory, with stakes and passions. Back then, the indifference of the mind could turn into a stake or a passion, in total opposition to the world. It could anticipate the indifferent future of the world and turn this indifference into an event. Today, it is difficult to be more apathetic and more indifferent than the facts themselves. The world in which we operate today is apathetic, indifferent to its own life, without passion, and deadly boring. There is no point in being dispassionate in a world without passions. Being dis-invested in a world without investment makes no sense. That's how we have become orphans.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:44 pm

try slammin yer finger in a car door Skipper , it works for me......

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:11 pm

loofy wrote:Such a narcissist Roy
F*ck off boy, I'm married with 12 kids ffs.

Do you think that I shoot the videos myself? :roll:
Last edited by Roy_Stewart on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:12 pm

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:49 am

Waihi beach on the earl yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxIWpjrrnDo

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Note all the rides are all about 12 to 24 seconds long,fnuck Roy strut your stuff in some quality surf, Shows how hard it is to perform long time. Looks like surfers interuptus to me :!:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Get a grip it's about making the most of it, which I did.

All waves are quality and all are challenging.

:P :P :P :P

Here's a 39 second ride by the way aren't you Jaffa1949 from the surfing waves forum? If so you are constantly banging on about your sessions with zero evidence but we did see a [picture which shows that you have a 9 month pregnant belly so stfu take your beer filled bag of lard off on another package tour with your silly mal.

http://www.surfing-waves.com/forum/view ... 15&t=18148

:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeJUNVNXPZw

:)

moondoggie
regular

Post by moondoggie » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:54 pm

haysie wrote:Stoy Rewart

you don't mean the royal pseudo-Hawaiin. serial pest and trollster
formerly known by the natives , as the royal "He" Roy stewart
but from herein to be refered to as "Oy - the Arse wart" and also respectfully and reverently whispered about, by in the know, river and pool surfing fraternities as
"King Oy The Arse Wart" but as there is not such a gay following on this site, feel free to yell

All hail King Oy -THE ARSE WART
"I JUST SPENT 6 MONTHS BUYING LEAKY BOATS
2O MILLION BUYING BOATS
GLOBAL WARMINGS CRAP
SO BURNING 'EMS JUST ANOTHER 20 MILLION UP IN SMOKE"
Apologies to Tim Finn

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:37 am

A few waves on the Earl from the 24th of December... beautiful weather and almost no one out on the entire beach on a holiday in a surf town with over 100,000 people and the busiest port in the country. Plenty of steps and chop on the wave to make life interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI_VLANahZk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsGXRnVvJao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YlofL2EoP0

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:00 am

Roy_Stewart wrote:
Your current argument is based on two fallacies.
Ah ... and your rambling dementia ... the result of playing with two phalluses.

As in ... you can't get that silly just plying with one.

Woody wood two peckers.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

moondoggie
regular

Post by moondoggie » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:18 pm

An EARL + Roy Stewart = REAL Arse wart'n TOY
2O MILLION BUYING BOATS
GLOBAL WARMINGS CRAP
Apologies to Tim Finn

moondoggie
regular

Post by moondoggie » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:18 pm

8) MD
2O MILLION BUYING BOATS
GLOBAL WARMINGS CRAP
Apologies to Tim Finn

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:18 am

Roy_Stewart wrote:A few waves on the Earl from the 24th of December... beautiful weather and almost no one out on the entire beach on a holiday in a surf town with over 100,000 people and the busiest port in the country. Plenty of steps and chop on the wave to make life interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI_VLANahZk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsGXRnVvJao
Conditions had deteriorated on the 26th :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5fv8llS-Tk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9dt-VsMRCE