The GST! - Gut Sliding Turtle!

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: The GST! - Gut Sliding Turtle!

Post by pridmore » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:21 pm

that bottom shape is a winner, looks extreme but the board I copied it off goes insanely well too, glad its going well for you mate.....

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:17 pm

Ha, was just going through my photobucket pics when I found this doodle that I did for RicV after I snapped the first Magic Wand he made me and we were deciding what to do with the pieces, soon as I saw it I thought of this thread and the GST!

Direct link to image----> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ ... arpet1.jpg
ps, it never got made. :cry:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:50 pm

WOW, freakishly similar in alot of ways ..... :shock: 8)

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:37 am

With those GST concave contours and the reports the cuttlefish is sending I'd be tempted as a continuing experiment to put a pair from the bonzer quad set I am so rapt in what they have added in a single to double concave.
Go on try em!!
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

spork
barnacle

Post by spork » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:13 pm

When it gets to this level of self important stupidity I lose interest.
Roy Stewart

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:05 pm

I agree that most surfers would be too heavy to use the turtle as a stand-up but what about using it as a kneelo :?: Would it be feasible in terms of performance or would it slow one down :?:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:15 pm

I wanna try it standing up, just gotta get me hands on it one day soon hopefully.... 8) wouldnt bother with the kneelo thing, but I might try finless or with a few of my T.K's ( training keels ) Cuttlefish and I often see each other in the local waves and swap fins and boards so it'll probably happen sooner or later...maybe when school hols are over and we get our beaches back.... 8)

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Spork,
It is similar though it came about independently and I was unaware of the speed squares existence until the turtle had been hatched.
I've ridden it kneelo and standing up now.
At 4'2" it's highly sensitive to weight distribution and so I've just tried a couple of rides in each mode before just using it prone because it's goes so well as a prone board.
Nuflink,
Didn't even think to put it in the bodyboard section as I post most in this part of the forums.
Too be honest not sure if many bodyboarders would want to know about a foam and fibreglass prone board anyway.
Chris,
I'll have to try it as a kneelo again and give you a better answer.
Keen to see Mark ride it standing up because he's lighter, younger and a better surfer than I am to boot. :)
Only a rat can win the rat race.