Diverse™ Blatant Tomo MPH ripoff

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

huie
Local

Re: Diverse™ Blatant Tomo MPH ripoff

Post by huie » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:27 am

haaaaaaaaaaa'' i am pissing myself laughing nothing like a bit of a stir :P
but seriously if pridmore just had a thread like josh does 8) then if ya go there and talk board with him then i think it would be much better than swamping every thread whith one eyed chatter :( mybe we could have a diverse one that way it might attract more board makers to do the same but as i have said many times ya need to be able to post better pics :?: cuttle it is a long trip to visit me but you are welcome
not interested in selling any boards though :|

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:04 am

Next time I'm coming through the GC I'll let you know as that way you can show me how your interpreting the Dutchman's work in your shapes.
Posting pics on here is a pain in the...
Much easier on Sways.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Question for feral dave:

When you compare the paddling of the Chopper with the Diverse MPH, I'm guessing the Chopper will be more practical in that area right?

I know the whole parallel outline and wide-tail theory is supposed to create a better paddling board even with low volume, but from my experience of those boards they don't paddle very well from A-to-B, but they do paddle well once the waves energy is near you trying to pick you up.

What have you found the main difference to be? Whats your opinion of the whole more efficient paddling at low volumes. etc?
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

feraldave
Grommet

Post by feraldave » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Cpt.Caveman wrote:Question for feral dave:

When you compare the paddling of the Chopper with the Diverse MPH, I'm guessing the Chopper will be more practical in that area right?

I know the whole parallel outline and wide-tail theory is supposed to create a better paddling board even with low volume, but from my experience of those boards they don't paddle very well from A-to-B, but they do paddle well once the waves energy is near you trying to pick you up.

What have you found the main difference to be? Whats your opinion of the whole more efficient paddling at low volumes. etc?
Ok i will try to answer your questions in short.
I find the Felix and the chopper to paddle at a similar speed back from waves and when you count the difference in duck diving they are pretty equal. However the chopper sits higher in the water so older slower or less experianced paddlers feel more comfortable being higher in the water. Both5'2 boards seem to catch the waves at A very similar time, but have different speed projections at take off. The chopper seems to have a sliding down the hill kind of take off feeling. Whereas the Felix has a slingshot sort of feeling.. Hope that helps..

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:56 am

feraldave wrote:
Cpt.Caveman wrote:Question for feral dave:

Ok i will try to answer your questions in short.
I find the Felix and the chopper to paddle at a similar speed back from waves and when you count the difference in duck diving they are pretty equal. However the chopper sits higher in the water so older slower or less experianced paddlers feel more comfortable being higher in the water. Both5'2 boards seem to catch the waves at A very similar time, but have different speed projections at take off. The chopper seems to have a sliding down the hill kind of take off feeling. Whereas the Felix has a slingshot sort of feeling.. Hope that helps..
Thanks for the reply Dave :D

What do you attribute the slingshot feeling to? The dynacore or other factors of the shape compared to the Chopper?

They both look like they have pretty similar planshapes, only the Felix MPH looks a little curvier..?

feraldave
Grommet

Post by feraldave » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:33 pm

the slingshot feeling comes from, tail shape, volume and construction..

feraldave
Grommet

Post by feraldave » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:46 pm

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:17 pm

huie wrote:haaaaaaaaaaa'' i am pissing myself laughing nothing like a bit of a stir :P
but seriously if pridmore just had a thread like josh does 8) then if ya go there and talk board with him then i think it would be much better than swamping every thread whith one eyed chatter :( mybe we could have a diverse one that way it might attract more board makers to do the same but as i have said many times ya need to be able to post better pics :?: cuttle it is a long trip to visit me but you are welcome
not interested in selling any boards though :|
calling all hypocrits, how bout taking some of ya own advice and start ya own threads...goose and gander...haha.... :roll: :) threads wih your stuff all over the place..doesnt bother me one bit, but you were quick to tell me how it bothered you ...

huie
Local

Post by huie » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:26 pm

what i want to advertise i pay your little arse suckers cost don $1200 min
you will not find any adds from me you want to say something lets here it

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:32 pm

youre right stirring shit is fun......

huie
Local

Post by huie » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:16 pm

u were quick to tell me how it bothered you ...[/quote]

haaa'' so you dont think you spam everything in sight thats funny

not sure i know where you want to go with this balls in your court

cheers huie
handshaping forever and still going. you want any lessons your wellcome anytime?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:46 pm

so I didnt handshape from about 88 to 2007 before utilising the shaping machines ??? Worlds best shapers use machines these days too...... seems you know alot less about me than you think..my Dad shaped, sanded and glassed, I grew up in surfshops and factories,...your opinion doesnt count to me 1 bit.... not playing this game of to and from of crappy digs and comments, seems pretty lame and childish to me...

huie
Local

Post by huie » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:05 pm

you brought it up not me i dont know f##k all about you only what peter hosking had said about you non of it good >><< besides it was you that slung the shit on me beacause i no longer surf
an apologie would have rectified that but you wanted to keep on not me
you think that i would care what the fuck about a few ordinary p u pe boards what is it that you realy do
that is so great?

i would not go back to that other era

the boards i am promoting are made by my son and others and the technology they are using is so far from where you are you will never catch up
pu pe is dead bro

have a nice night

huie

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:16 pm

feraldave wrote:Image
words and action...
http://dynocore.diversesurf.com.au/boar ... rformance/
Looks great Dave!

I'm totally sold on the micro planing hull theory for a modern performance shortboard. Why jump around like a monkey on an inefficient planing device when you can have more speed for less effort, and still have a responsive package that will turn and release when you want?

Great to see your take on the direction, I'd love to have a test run of a demo board if I'm ever in your area.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:00 pm

These boards vaguely remind me of one I smashed out of the garage quite a few years ago... the tail inspiration should be clear enough. Shouldn’t have sold it.
stealth07.jpg
stealth07.jpg (53.11 KiB) Viewed 5357 times

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Hey Dave, can you give us a bit more explanation of the dynocore tech? The website isn't super clear about it (or maybe I am looking in the wrong place).

cheers,

josh
the tools of the trade are the head and the heart - mission of burma

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:42 pm

Funny how these boards look like the natural progression from where we were at seventies to mid eighties. I remember when super banana rocker, potato chip thin, tooth picks suddenly appeared and average surfers were forced to adapt or ride mini mals and mals.

I had a low rockered Wayne Deane speed shape. Swallowtail 6'4". I 'd had it for maybe three years and went into the Mad dog shop at byron and they had gone from twinnies and relatively wide area hull type shapes to these no volume super rockered narrow needles. There was no way it would work for me and there was no alternative there or basically anywhere except mals and crude mini mals. Really weird in retrospect.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Beanpole wrote:Funny how these boards look like the natural progression from where we were at seventies to mid eighties. I remember when super banana rocker, potato chip thin, tooth picks suddenly appeared and average surfers were forced to adapt or ride mini mals and mals.

I had a low rockered Wayne Deane speed shape. Swallowtail 6'4". I 'd had it for maybe three years and went into the Mad dog shop at byron and they had gone from twinnies and relatively wide area hull type shapes to these no volume super rockered narrow needles. There was no way it would work for me and there was no alternative there or basically anywhere except mals and crude mini mals. Really weird in retrospect.
Ya think, Beanie? Not sure, they say history repeats, but it is never the same. Refine, refine, refine, and the occasional free thinker would be more to the point.