Mini Simmons

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Mini Simmons

Post by pridmore » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:31 pm

count me in too, how much freight to my joint mate :roll:
they'll fit in a Dumpling too, might get me a couple.... 8)

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:09 pm

Wingnut wrote:They look awesome Cuttlefish!

Can you give me a quote for bag price plus delivery to Frankston, Vic?
:wink:
Last edited by Cuttlefish on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

Wingnut
regular

Post by Wingnut » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:57 am

Sounds good, if you want to pm me your details I'll get the money off to you this week.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Cuttlefish wrote:

Cover will be $50 for one with the pictured fabric and postage is $15 to Vic.
Aust Post isn't cheap.
Worked out Qld $11, NSW $13, Vic $15, SA $17, TAS/WA $19.
I may be able to get it into an $11 Aust wide 3kg satchel but I'll have to make another trip to the PO on Monday to check this option out.
I don't want to try selling these on here so I'll look to having Pridmore carry them on his website and maybe do some on Ebay as well.

try bus freight....it can work out cheaper

and no...i'm not takin the piss :o
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

feraldave
Grommet

Post by feraldave » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:58 pm

those covers look good mate, my misses made some for a couple friends birthdays a while ago. i have been meaning to get to spotlight with her and get some fabric... will have to whip some more goodys up..
Cuttlefish wrote:

Aust Post isn't cheap.
I may be able to get it into an $11 Aust wide 3kg satchel but I'll have to make another trip to the PO on Monday to check this option out.
I don't want to try selling these on here so I'll look to having Pridmore carry them on his website and maybe do some on Ebay as well.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:21 pm

feraldave wrote:Image
those covers look good mate, my misses made some for a couple friends birthdays a while ago. i have been meaning to get to spotlight with her and get some fabric... will have to whip some more goodys up..
Cuttlefish wrote:

Aust Post isn't cheap.
I like your take on the mini simmons Dave!

I notice yours have very little planshape curve, especially straight in the tail. Where is the turning coming from? Rocker? Shortness?
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:53 am

Cuttlefish wrote:Here we go...this will fit mini-simmons and fish up to 5'8".
This fabric is good stuff.
It's ribbed for your pleasure.
Not too heavy. For those who'd like a cover that will be easy to slip over the board and stop wax and water off a wet board coating your seats.
Simple drawstring at the tail end.
Loops to use a shoulder strap from an existing board bag.
We can do them with a matching shoulder strap sewn on but I don't have any buckles for length adjustment on hand.
We can do heavier weight fabrics and also combine lighter outer fabrics fabrics with a liner for a cover that gives more protection.
Start off with this one though.
I'll go to the PO tomorrow (local one is open Sat) and check about postage rates to different areas and then let you all know what the covers would cost including postage.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
That fabric is exactly what i covered my couch in :) very durable fabric, i have been reading a few of the post on covers as I also have an interest and you mention how expensive upholstery fabric is, You do the markets so you would have an A.B.N. get an account with a fabric wholesaler, try Warwicks they deliver for free(most do) you'll be paying half the price for better quality fabric. You cannot beat Aus.post for small parcel delivery, believe me I have researched it, if you can fit it in a satchel use the express for a dollar more you get tracking, if you are sending 20 or more packages a week you can get an account and it is about half the price, postage kills me a 6'0" padded bag that I make cost around $30/35 to the sunshine coast, 45/50 to W.A.
Good to see some one else having a dig and pushing shit up hill with a pointy stick, "Turn the tide buy Australian"

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:23 am

good onya crust, good to see people supporting others ...got my cover from Cuttlefish yesterday and it is excellent, very good fit and sufficient padding and bit different to the mainstream stuff too...and its unreal for my 'dim-SIMs' or Dumplings..... 8) I will be buying a few more thats for sure.....

Wingnut
regular

Post by Wingnut » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:13 am

pridmore wrote:good onya crust, good to see people supporting others ...got my cover from Cuttlefish yesterday and it is excellent, very good fit and sufficient padding and bit different to the mainstream stuff too...and its unreal for my 'dim-SIMs' or Dumplings..... 8) I will be buying a few more thats for sure.....

Same here...

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:13 pm

:idea: :wink:
Last edited by Cuttlefish on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:25 pm

couch 002.JPG
couch 002.JPG (39.1 KiB) Viewed 7189 times
:lol: :lol:

If you need help with finding fittings pm me

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:42 pm

haha...looks much better as a board cover....but it is soft and nice to touch, my kids reckon they want a pillow case of it.... 8) Cuttlefish has some other cool fabrics too, there's a brown and tan stripey one I got me eyes on..... :roll: 8)

JaM71
charger

Post by JaM71 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:38 pm

Time to resurrect a great thread! Well 12 months have passed, are you still stoked and riding your mini sims? Have you transitioned to quads or still with the wooden keels? Have you gone all modern and jumped on a tomo?

Not a go to board for me but I still have mine (in an awesome Cuttlefish retro cover) which I bring out when conditions suit and couldn't imagine not having one in the quiver. I am still intrigued by the slippery twin keel feeling.

I reckon that they are great looking boards and when ridden in the right waves just beautiful.....a luxury item for special occasions :-D-:

Tell us about your mini sim journey
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

Wingnut
regular

Post by Wingnut » Wed May 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Yeah, still using mine...I usually take mine down to Wilson's Prom or a clean 2-3 ft day at Gunnamatta...

damo666
regular

Post by damo666 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:33 pm

Definitely considering another one.

I sold mine and went back to using the longboard for little days but am getting a little sick of that (especially lugging the f&*king thing around). I used to see a few in the water, but not so much recently, and haven't seen many for sale. I wonder how many are sitting in peoples back sheds?

JaM71
charger

Post by JaM71 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:31 pm

damo666 wrote:Definitely considering another one.

I sold mine and went back to using the longboard for little days but am getting a little sick of that (especially lugging the f&*king thing around). I used to see a few in the water, but not so much recently, and haven't seen many for sale. I wonder how many are sitting in peoples back sheds?
Its true, not so many around at the moment. I really only use mine once or twice a month, i really should give it a whirl more often. I took it out on the points this arvo in dead low tide drainers about shoulder high and it was buttery smooth. I usually ride it in fuller waves but it went really well.

For me, longboarding is too repetitive, the mini sim certainly cannot be accused of that. Just got to keep your fitness up!

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Sun May 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Yep, still ride mine. Great board for spring and summer. Never saw many riding them where i am. People still ask me what's the deal with them. I prefer them with a quad set-up, especially for grovel.
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

JaM71
charger

Post by JaM71 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Hey batoes,

rake surfboards have moved to the sunny coast.....over the next few months i should get the opportunity to clap eyes on a peanut which will be dangerous!