Next board ?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

sean--
barnacle

Next board ?

Post by sean-- » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:15 pm

The logs 'n' eggs discussion seems to have slowed a lot. So what have you all got in mind for your next board ? I've got a 9 footer on the way from Mark Rabbidge that should be ready in around 2 weeks and will probably get an 8 footer later in the year.
I'm interested in what Roy's hatching up.

Beerfan

Re: Next board ?

Post by Beerfan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:49 am

Sean, i want a different board every week!!. Wouldn't mind a biggish quadfather, but have no money. Also thinking of a short minimal/egg, maybe 7' with a thruster setup. My 7'10'' is loose as a f*cken goose as a thruster, so i think a 7'er with a thruster setup would go awesome. Probably make the next one, as i have bub number 3 due in 6 weeks.

Although with the waves lately im thinkng of taking up f&cking golf.

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:43 pm

Beerfan wrote:Sean, i want a different board every week!!. Wouldn't mind a biggish quadfather, but have no money. Also thinking of a short minimal/egg, maybe 7' with a thruster setup. My 7'10'' is loose as a f*cken goose as a thruster, so i think a 7'er with a thruster setup would go awesome. Probably make the next one, as i have bub number 3 due in 6 weeks.

Although with the waves lately im thinkng of taking up f&cking golf.
Golf :shock: Just got back from the Farm and there were some nice lefts halfway down the beach with only 4 -5 on it and the usual hoard of out of control mal riders in the alley. I saw a guy on a fat bat as well.
Some nice waves there today up to head high with yesterday arvo even better.
Bub number 3 will ensure you stay broke.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:53 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not golf..... :o

all the best with the new bub BF, been a bit of that goin on of late... :)

A Fat_bat at the Farm ??? maybe lessorMORE, did he have a nice fin mark on his shoulder ???

I would be stoked to discuss your next board if you wanted to ??? even if its not from me... 8) PM if keen... 8)

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:41 pm

I dont know who it was but I first noticed the bat tail sticking up when he was sitting on it and I saw your logo. The board had a pretty thinned out nose on it with a white deck with a red stripe on it or something similar. There were some pretty good waves coming through as well.
I'm leaning toward an 8 footer later on for sure.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:39 pm

its actually a red and green fading stripe to represent the Rabbitoh's league team....he had a bit of a fincident and must have happened thats ession....check out the thread called Nick's new Fat-Bat for pics.... 8)

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:41 am

I'm getting a new Miller Powerglide soon.

Also, I might need to sell a thruster fish to cover a short term cash flow problem, which means I'll need to rebuy a thruster fish for summer. So maybe a Miller Fskate 6'4".

Lastly, wih the years passing I probably need a litle bit more foam in my higher performance board, so maybe that will go from a 6'6" to a 6'8". That'd be a Mitchell Rae or Simon Anderson swallow tail wuad, but the SA only if I can get a good glass job.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:26 pm

I definately wasn't serious about the golf. What a waste of a good walk!. Been riding the bike, taking the kids for a walk, hitting ( or trying to ) the floor to ceiling ball. Also eating the right foods ( not that bad when you know what you're eating and why ). Im 30 in march, so want a board, although the missus had already said she's got something planned. Knowing my missus it'll be the best present ever ( she's awesome at presents, shaolin monks, and cirque de solei to name a few ), but im still gunna try to get another board. Still a high volume shape though ( i just love foam ), regardless of how much i weigh. Im heading for 80kg for now, but be stoked to get under 80 ( been 10 years since! ).

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:20 pm

your username may have something to do with it mate ??? :roll: cant cut out all the good stuff....shagging is a great way to keep fit and lose weight I tell my missus.... 8)

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:44 am

Yeah beers been cut back ( Nooooooooo!! ), and im brewing mistrength beers. In fact, my latest is a dark midstrength. F*cking great beer, and only 3.5%, so i can have more hahah.

Mate, my missus is like a balloon at the moment, so im not getting a lot of action if you know what i mean hahah. Its also a little arkward, i have to bend my back in some yoga like ways :D

Chillin
charger

Post by Chillin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:15 pm

my missus was soooo horny when she was preggers..ahhh the memories. Hey beerfan, have a good look at yur eating /drinking habits mate, you will reap the benefits of a better effort as you age. Better to make an effort now than keep getting thicker and bigger boards to compensate.
Your opinion is worth as much as it costs.

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:11 pm

Chillin wrote:Better to make an effort now than keep getting thicker and bigger boards to compensate.
Just realised, i have not put on weight for around 3-4 years (68kgs) nor grown significantly.

But i am increasingly riding longer and even heavier logs.
Same with shortys, im creeping up in length.

maybe im drawing different lines which compensate for the extra length of the boards, either way it doesnt faze me as long as i dont keep riding longer and longer boards up towards 11'0 Stand up style shite

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:27 pm

Funny McTavish is one of the only obvious sources of opinion on weight, height, age, length and thickness of board.
I reckon the only shaper who can come close to assessing the right board for you has to be older than you are or at least the same age plus know their stuff.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Yes Mctavish is great shaper but for a shaper that has to be older ??? WTF ?, it is about knowledge not age....

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just used to young guys particularly sports oriented ones making asumptions about your physical capabilities that are optomistic at best. Its always -see ya when the wheels start to roll a bit slower fellas.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

carvin marvin
charger

Post by carvin marvin » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:43 am

Here is a question.
A surfer brings his board to a shaper and asks for a copy to be made, with one change, 1/2'' extra tail lift.
How is this done ?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:57 am

by adding 1/2" extra tail curve to the rocker, by removing extra foam from the bottom to increase the rocker....are you any relation to Starvin Marvin ???

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:12 am

carvin marvin wrote:Here is a question.
A surfer brings his board to a shaper and asks for a copy to be made, with one change, 1/2'' extra tail lift.
How is this done ?
Apart from what Prid’s indicated, it may also mean a different blank from the outset... that being one with more rocker already bent in.