Beach Break Surfboard.

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Kunho5
Grommet

Re: Beach Break Surfboard.

Post by Kunho5 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:55 am

Thanks for letting me know. I did specifically ask the store were it was made. I thought I was really on a bargain when the price was $150 less than the same model in fibreglass at a Bondi store. :shock: I thought recession etc. Cant sell em ?

Now I know why.

Baaastards.

Still ......a nice surfboard.

Kunho5
Grommet

Post by Kunho5 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:06 pm

nuffink ngo wrote:
Kunho5 wrote:Ok Gents thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

I

I went for the Al Merrick Tuflite Flyer 2. Made in Mona Vale they say. Its really a 7 foot shorboard with a long pointed nose.
Dimensions 7 foot 3" thick , swallow tail Tri fin. Seemed to Satisfy my criteria.

1. Made in Aus.
2. Proven design.
3. Three inch Tuflite. Paddles and floats good.
4. Duck dives
5. Looks sensational.
6. Stable.

The result. Took it out and caught my very first attempt. 3 foot curly wave. Hopped up dropped real nice and curved round smooth. 8)
Catches waves as good as my Mal . :!:
Have surfed more waves over Easter on this board in crap surf than I did in the last 2 months on the longboard. Geuss there"s horses for courses and it seems this board is right for me at my local. Thanks to you blokes for you tips on the Mollusc but for a hundred more bucks I decided on Tuflite. The Mollsuc is a fine board and it was definetely a tough choice between these two. the carver is too big for me really.

You certainly have a lot more choice of boards on the north side and they're cheaper. :)

Cheers.
Made in Australia tufflite? Did they tell you it was a one off & Al glued all the little foam balls together to achieve it's unique shape?
How deep can you duckdive a 7ft x 3" tufflite, my experience with them in an impact zone is like holding on to a floatation device.

Ok so I geuss I got sucked in by the Tufflite saleman. Well you gotta be in it to learn dont you?

And when I said duck dive it was compared to my 9 footer so it seems quite a bit easier than that. The flip side is it paddles nicely.

No . Not even I would believe that Al made this board himself but thanks for asking. :wink:

scoby

Post by scoby » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Curly's too sucky for big boards, I don't even like to ride fish shapes there, it's best on your shortest board to throw yourself into the wave. If you want to ride longer boards then head for North Curly when it's breaking further out.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:55 pm

scoby wrote:Curly's too sucky for big boards, I don't even like to ride fish shapes there, it's best on your shortest board to throw yourself into the wave. If you want to ride longer boards then head for North Curly when it's breaking further out.
You mean South Dee Why ... too sucky? Bloody hell Scobs, last couple of times I’ve ridden there it’s been fat city.