Joel Tudors new boards

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

bondi
regular

Joel Tudors new boards

Post by bondi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:07 pm

This might get the forums stirred up - some insane new crafts from Joel Tudor...beautiful boards pushing things forward with the best bits from the past.

The short boards on the site particulalry interesting.

Sure beats surfing those boring potato chips!

http://www.kookboxx.com/

wanto
barnacle

Re: Joel Tudors new boards

Post by wanto » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:49 pm

bondi wrote:Sure beats surfing those boring potato chips!
in what way?

grimshine
Grommet

Post by grimshine » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:57 pm

I suppose the same old story will be rehashed about how he stole the shapes from Bing. Move on boys :)

dunnc
regular

Post by dunnc » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:04 pm

I'd be keen to see the pricelist of those puppies...that were you will really see these shapes pushing the envelope I reckon :cry:

I'm a fan of the single fin gun though,maybe in a 6'8.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:37 pm

Sign me up for an '88 model... once I've finished robbing grannys on pension day!

Fredo
Grommet

JT

Post by Fredo » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:35 pm

Should have bit the bullet 2 months ago on another board from the States when we where dollar for dollar...

Now - not so good!!! I'll keep the ones i've got cos they are still streets ahead of anything comparable in Oz!!!

Joel's boards are sweet too - perhaps get in contaqct with soulcalsurfboards.com!!! With enough interest they may be able to become an Aussie dealer for JT??? Just a thought...

grimshine
Grommet

Post by grimshine » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:35 am

Good idea, I'd like to see some coops sold over here too, brilliant boards with great tint. Pity about the Aussie $$$$$. :cry:

lamesville
Grommet

Re: JT

Post by lamesville » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:01 pm

Fredo wrote:Should have bit the bullet 2 months ago on another board from the States when we where dollar for dollar...

Now - not so good!!! I'll keep the ones i've got cos they are still streets ahead of anything comparable in Oz!!!

Joel's boards are sweet too - perhaps get in contaqct with soulcalsurfboards.com!!! With enough interest they may be able to become an Aussie dealer for JT??? Just a thought...
All of Joel's designs will be available in Oz soon enough. You need not worry about contacting anyone. Especially those guys.

dunnc
regular

Post by dunnc » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:37 pm

lamesville wrote:
Fredo wrote:Should have bit the bullet 2 months ago on another board from the States when we where dollar for dollar...

All of Joel's designs will be available in Oz soon enough. You need not worry about contacting anyone. Especially those guys.
You sure? I dropped them an email and they said that they didn't have a distributer or agents in Oz at the moment...I would like one, I know my brother would kill for one.

lamesville
Grommet

Post by lamesville » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:01 pm

dunnc wrote:
lamesville wrote:

You sure? I dropped them an email and they said that they didn't have a distributer or agents in Oz at the moment...I would like one, I know my brother would kill for one.
I'm sure mate. It will all be happening soon enough. Just sit tight and you'll know about it when it happens. They are going to be bulls%^t.

dunnc
regular

Post by dunnc » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:23 pm

I'm still waiting and starting to appreciate what you may have meant about bullshit :lol:

Deebs
Grommet

Post by Deebs » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:36 pm

i'm a fan of JT's surfing and heaps of his previous boards but IMO most of these newies are ugly shapes... he still rips on em and maybe they work but in terms of the aesthetics i don't dig them at all.

still, it's nice to see some new ideas about - at least they're different.

anyone know what happened with his previous label...? bit of bad blood there by the sound of things.

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:22 pm

i would really like to take 'the tube bullet' for a surf.
has anyone ridden it??
signatures, finally got it covered.

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:02 am

^ i like the look of those long boards as well. probably the 88' for me.
that tube bullet board got me curious, he says honed the design at pipe around 8ft.
this prorpbably silly question, but is Joel T the shaper??
signatures, finally got it covered.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:40 pm

Jeez, you'd have to be a gullible scenester/Tudor groupie to dump the thousand plus they'll be asking for these ghost-shaped surfboards.
Specially when the original concepts come from shortboard revolution Aussie design ideas.
For phucks sake ring up Dick Van Straalen or Wayne Lynch etc etc.
I can't wait for the first one I see being pulled out of a BMW by some cock-smoking stockbroker in the Boulders carpark.
It'll have look at me I'm a mindless fashion victim written all over it.
Yes, the mals look functional.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

lamesville
Grommet

Post by lamesville » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:06 am

hahahaha cock-smoking stockbroker hahaha
too true.

kookboxx. the name says it all.