Modern Single Fin - for sale

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Carpark King
regular

Modern Single Fin - for sale

Post by Carpark King » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:13 am

Hey guys,

I have a 'Deluxe' 5'8 single fin for sale. It is in excellent condition. It has a red tint and modern concave on the bottom.

$400

Please PM me if your interested
Last edited by Carpark King on Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Butts

Post by Butts » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:20 am

Any pics CK? 8)

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:00 am

pics please

Butts

Post by Butts » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:03 am

Clif, I was first inline................................you'll have to wait :P :wink:

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:30 am

I will try and get pics up tonight.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Re: Modern Single Fin - for sale

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:18 pm

Carpark King wrote: a 'Deluxe'
china made board :x

no offence meant carpark.... :arrow: i'll pass

tooo many better quality local /oz made boards available for the same price :idea:

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:56 pm

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:07 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:
Carpark King wrote: a 'Deluxe'
china made board :x

no offence meant carpark.... :arrow: i'll pass

tooo many better quality local /oz made boards available for the same price :idea:
Thankyou kindly for your input mate, or shall i say sabotage.

Yes this board was made in China...however what many people are scared to accept is that quality is bloody good. Not too mention the glass job..come see for yourself. The design was bought of Wizstix on the central coast...who have been making boards for over 25 years..more notaby they are mat wilkinsons shaper...

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:09 pm

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:11 pm

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:19 pm

Carpark King wrote:[ shall i say sabotage.

Yes this board was made in China...however what many people are scared to accept is that several child labours died in it's production and that0 OUR federal government has sponsored the chinese company with millions effectivly destroying our own industry of vast superior craftsmen...
TWENTY BUCKS TOPS.....wat the hell where u thinking when u brought it :?:

or did u win it in a raffle :?:

p.s sorry carpark...i really didn't mean for it b like this....i just got a thing about seeing good aussie board builders on the dole :cry:

p.p.s the rails are all wong :lol: :?: :shock: and 2nd photo up....the fin's not straight :shock:
Carpark King wrote:Image
typical chinese qa :x :roll: :lol: i rest my case :wink:

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:44 pm

THE FIN IS NOT CROOKED

It is simply the light reflecting of that side of the fin as that is where the light is coming from.

Im glad you have made your decision brah...dont buy it.

Have fun posting sht stirring messages on internet forums at 11pm.

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:03 pm

Dont buy into it Carpark King because this could degenerate into a massive shit stir session.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:19 pm

sean-- wrote: this could degenerate into a massive shit stir session.
thirty bucks gets a copy off the nasty pm cp has sent me :twisted:

nah...looks like a great board...so long u only surfing lefts with the crooked fin :idea:

p.s sorry carp park....if u want meet :arrow: macksville retravision....any time suit u :x u might beat me...but u car won't get out carpark chinese board buying kook

p.s SO IF THE BOARDS THAT GOOD.....WHY U SELLIN IT AGAIN :idea: :roll:

P.P.S SHAWDOWS DON'T LIE...FINS FROCKED..IF U CAN'T HANDLE THIS...GO BUY A AD ON TRADING POST FOOL :idea:

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:31 pm

If i continue it will be never ending.

Im going to go to bed.

mustkillmuloway...you work at retravision and at macksville? sick... good luck with that.

ps I hear those Asian made TV's are all duds! aerials are all crooked..

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:33 pm

just for the record im only selling it because I never use it...quiver is big enough as it is

Gluttony

Post by Gluttony » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:53 am

The fin doesn't look straight in the 3rd shot either. Might just b the angle the photo was taken, but it still looks like a crap board.

sharky
Grommet

Post by sharky » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:47 pm

Carpark King wrote: Yes this board was made in China...however what many people are scared to accept is that quality is bloody good. Not too mention the glass job..come see for yourself. The design was bought of Wizstix on the central coast...who have been making boards for over 25 years..more notaby they are mat wilkinsons shaper...

when i first arrived here in this beautiful country of yours, my longboard was still on a ship and i wanted an interim board. i didn't want to spend a whole lot of money and i wasn't familiar with local vs. non-local shapers. (and the whole China-made board concept wasn't even in my awareness as a possibility--i've always surfed longboards from California shapers)
anyway...
i was attracted to a Deluxe board (a 7'4") for its quality and affordable price tag. like Carpark King said...the glass job is amazing and the shape is great. i totally thought it was coming from a small independent garage shaper who had a few boards in a shop and was trying to beat out his competition.
i have to admit, it was a hasty purchase. :oops: i was totally excited to be here and i couldn't wait to get wet.
when i got home and really took a good look at it, i could tell that it was machine shaped, :shock: and i started to wonder...
i called the sales rep at the shop where i bought it, and asked him what the deal was...
he said that he didn't know, but would find out. :?
i called back the next day and he said he had the scoop. (i forget the details but it went something like this...)
the boards are (were?) designed by an Aussie shaper (Wizstix you say?) and the company is run by an Aussie who basically wanted to start a :idea: GOOD VIBE :idea: line of :idea: QUALITY :idea: surfboards (unlike the majority of boards that come from China with zero quality control or stoke :cry: ) that he could sell for a really reasonable price.
so i hung up the phone...admittedly a bit disappointed (as i do like to support local shapers)...but i figured...hey. it's a great board (and i don't mean to beat a dead horse, but seriously the glass job is insane), i got it for a great price, and it pacified me wonderfully while i was waiting for my longboard. :D

the point of my story is: :roll: 8)

anyone who is looking for a good quality board for an affordable price and who is willing to accept that yes, it comes from China and/but (as far as i know) it's a well intentioned and good vibe operation...you really can't go wrong. :wink:

good luck with the sale CPK :wink:

Sharky.
Last edited by sharky on Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.