Morey Bodyboards

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:13 pm

ac2026, do u have anything to do with wbb? cuz if so i need to pm you

cords
Grommet

Post by cords » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:29 pm

The 7-X?

My vote is for the 8-TX. With the dimpled slick for extra speed 8)

I never had one cos I was a tiny poor grom but I used to dream about owning one and had a picture of one cut out from a mag on the inside of my school diary in year 10.

Did anyone out there ever get to ride one? Was that board as cool as I imagined it might have been all those years ago?

Margie

ac2026
regular

Post by ac2026 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:32 am

lambert wrote:ac2026, do u have anything to do with wbb? cuz if so i need to pm you
PM me :D

Bodyboarder_4_life
Grommet

Post by Bodyboarder_4_life » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:22 am

oi at scotts head all these kids were using morey mach 7-7 as skim boards!?!?!?!?!?! :evil: :o :( :shock: no1 would sell me 1 as well :(

lid shaper
Grommet

Post by lid shaper » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:25 pm

i've got about 20 different kinds of old school morey's.

very happy to have them too. although, i do want a "VF". undoubtably one of the best of that era of boards. anyone got one?

that would complete me! :lol:

Agro
regular

Post by Agro » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:41 pm

lid shaper wrote:i've got about 20 different kinds of old school morey's.

very happy to have them too. although, i do want a "VF". undoubtably one of the best of that era of boards. anyone got one?

that would complete me! :lol:
Got one of these little babies? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bodyboard-Limited ... dZViewItem

I also loved the look of those dimple bottom boards, anyone making them these days?

I remember riding an old dimple bottom board made by Aero , it was the most poorly manufactured piece of wave riding equipment ever!!!, went quite fast though.
A man goes to the zoo.
When he gets there, there was only a dog.
It was a shitzu.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:55 pm

^^^ Bullet had those dimple bottom slicks on his sig model. And i think the Mach 8-TX had them too.

I had some classic boards that i have sold or were stolen.
Mach 7-7
MS Mach 7-7
Mach XL (really light but weak)
Turbo II
MS Turbo III
Super Mach (had this weird fibre glass like slick, great shape)
Morey Ronk signature
Morey Skipper signature.

If anyone knows where to get or wants to sell a Turbo III, i will make it VERY worth your while to sell it to me.

Edit: My mates had the WR Pat Caldwell and Kiano McGee.

Nicko
regular

Post by Nicko » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:38 pm

Some good boards there Coops. I had a Mach 10; rode it for years in the late '80's. It rocked! After that a mate of mine got sponsored by Manta in the early days so I got cheap deals on those. I had a Magnum, then a Pro Comp, then a Pro Hawke II, and then switched to customs.

For the record, Ross Hawke is an agent for Jet Pilot, who have done a deal with MS to sell Science in Australia. Rob Cribb is the new Marketing Manager who has spent over a decade in Hawaii and I believe knows Mike pretty well. I know Rob as we used to work for the same company (me as a recruiter and him as the head of their Hawaiian operation). He's a good guy and should do right by the brand.

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:44 pm

had a ms turbo 3, as ridden by winner of first island comp, gave it to solid bodyboard shop on long term loan.

Agro
regular

Post by Agro » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:52 am

marcus wrote:had a ms turbo 3, as ridden by winner of first island comp, gave it to solid bodyboard shop on long term loan.
Strange to hear that people dont hang onto these items. Winning the comp would have been one of the highlights of his BB career, you'd think he would have kept it. I know I would.
A man goes to the zoo.
When he gets there, there was only a dog.
It was a shitzu.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:01 am

marcus wrote:had a ms turbo 3, as ridden by winner of first island comp, gave it to solid bodyboard shop on long term loan.
Can i buy it? :)

My mate got a QCD clone of the ms turbo 3 but it doesnt look quite the same. It also has a 13.5" nose!

xandyx

Post by xandyx » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:43 am

here's the first pick of the morey dixon
http://vinylbb.wordpress.com/2007/01/21 ... eira-foto/

The Dan
Local

Post by The Dan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:18 pm

while if I came across one of these old boards id take it, i dont understand spending big bucks on getting one. Im old enough to have ridden boards of that era, and honestly there no where near as good as the boards being produced today. The rocker on the bulk of them was all fcked up. I saw an 7-7 and a turbo pro comp in the caravan park i was staying in at xmas, and thought about going and offering some $$$ for them, but then thought about the performance level and decided to save my $$$ for when i needed a new machine.Nice to have one in good condition as a nostalgia item, but i wouldnt spend to much cash on em.

probably five years ago i got a stewart 7-7 still in the plastic from a sports store in lismore of all places, dude had like mach 4's and 11's in there to, shops gone now but. Swapped the board in byron for one of the science eo's when they first came out. Now that is a hell board that I would pay decent $$$ for.

TheSadamm
regular

Post by TheSadamm » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:26 am

Morey Dixon 8)

Courtesy of VinnylBB :wink:

LaNkYbOoG
regular

Post by LaNkYbOoG » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:40 pm

thats wicked..... i want one. it would be cool if they made turbos :D
ILOVETOBOOGIE

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:31 pm

bonusbeats wrote:do you think the science 7 is a nod to the morey mach 7? both classics, always seem to be in yellow.
mine was blue,
so ac2026 the morey range titled the "classic comback" or whateve slogan was used to imply that the range was embracing the past and remaking boards simillar to the 7-7s and such, where you guys behind this range?

muzza
regular

Post by muzza » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:21 pm

remember when Morey were messing around with the "dimple bottom" thing? for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Morey decided about 12 or 15 years ago to mess around with materials on the underside of their boards. The Mach SCS and Mach 8TX came out with the dimple bottom which by all accounts were really farkin' fast boards. I have an 8TX rotting away in a cupboard somewhere and it was a super-fast board for it's time too. Not sure why that didn't catch on. The idea was intended to keep the slick of your board extra-wet (as water clung to the little dimples) to reduce friction and increase speed. Aaah, nostalgia. :)

Bodyboarder-sicne-1989
Local
Location: any of the heavy NSW reefs, depends where the swell hits. shark island/southern reefs mostly

Post by Bodyboarder-sicne-1989 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:42 pm

EXTRA WET? haha it was ment to keep it exra dry! the design was ment to create air bubbles under the slick to create a pocket of air between the slick and the wave face. they stopped because it was a costly gimmick that faded in the wind just like morey.