Morey Bodyboards

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

Nick-W
barnacle

Post by Nick-W » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:29 pm

NewyBen?

Brenden Newton?

Hamsta

Post by Hamsta » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:27 am

I owned a Morey Wiki Wiki, Red Edge, 7-7 with black slick and the Mach 10 (Blue/purple deck/silver skin) with graphite stringers, in that order. You could buy Morey fins that screwed into the boards and a Morey handle that screwed into the deck for the nose! (why?).
Turbo released a board with fin boxes to accomodate removable fins. Heavy as a log, zero flex, pre-installed leash plug and with a vinyl deck!
BZ Diamond Slick Rail boards were pretty damn good for the time, (late 80's early 90's) nice templates and a wide variety of sizes/shapes/channel configurations.

BTW, Mr Sheen or Rain-Ex used to help make the slick repell water and reduce drag!

muzza
regular

Post by muzza » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:15 pm

do you guys remember Gorilla Grip? What the f@#k was that sh@t for? Anyone who knows anything about boat design or how any inanimate object moves through the water knows that a great big obstruction glued to the front of your vessel will do nothing but cause drag. But somehow Eppo still managed to go about 40km/h across the faces of those epic Racetrack barrels in "Eppo's Freak Show".

The Dan
Local

Post by The Dan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:32 pm

first board was one of those bz series.

muzza, when your trimming, its only really the bottom 1/3 of the board in contact with the wave, and only then the back corner of the side with the rail in the wave face. G-Grip on the nose didnt matter cause it was almost never in contact with the wave when riding. still was a massive hoax but. remember the full body kits you could get for the deck? or worms?

marcus
Owl status

Re:

Post by marcus » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:31 pm

Agro wrote:
marcus wrote:had a ms turbo 3, as ridden by winner of first island comp, gave it to solid bodyboard shop on long term loan.
Strange to hear that people dont hang onto these items. Winning the comp would have been one of the highlights of his BB career, you'd think he would have kept it. I know I would.
its now on loan to dezy at emerald cronulla.
its a long story with that board, Matt Percy was winning the island on a board with a ? mark written over the morey logo. (as morey wernt really letting him know what was going on with regards to sponsorship)
i was free surfing the island during the finals on perces old board (with a big x through the quiksliver symbol).
perce lost his board, no leash (in the final of the shark island challenge, lol)
and decides to swim in.
i said mate your winning, have my board.
he continued to surf and win the heat while i swam after his board and got it from rusty moran in the channel.
gave him his board back and continued to surf while the comp was on.
perce won the first ever shark island challenge that year. 97 i think
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"