winki today 22 june

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

andycumo
Local
Location: anywhere thats shallow and hollow and uncrowded. ie; not sydney

Post by andycumo » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:49 pm

didnt see a guy with an underwater housing, must have got there a bit later.
ont he topic of going deeper, its jsut more functional on a lid coz your lying down makes it a lot easier, if anybody has a problem with that they should just jump.

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:02 pm

Here's an observation andy -

May be easier to take off deeper on a boog because of course you dont need to climb to your feet. BUT if you find yourself approaching a backdoor section from deep a surfboard will have much more speed to push through it. Comparative to a lid, that is. Right?

No-one need jump.

dubbfunk
regular

Post by dubbfunk » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:31 pm

except jumperman

he can jump

longhurst
Grommet

Post by longhurst » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:46 pm

i was out their on a black unknown bunting... really i thought it was a very shit session... the wave has no power to boost or anything... need to surf it on a bigger day i guess, but its too crowded
Youll only be young once... get out their and enjoy it!

pooshkie
regular

Post by pooshkie » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:00 pm

vortex wrote:Here's an observation andy -

May be easier to take off deeper on a boog because of course you dont need to climb to your feet. BUT if you find yourself approaching a backdoor section from deep a surfboard will have much more speed to push through it. Comparative to a lid, that is. Right?

No-one need jump.
if your a good booger you can backdoor any section and make it as long as it isnt closing out... as long as u know how to generate speed from a good take off and bottom turn

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:23 pm

Well now we're just waxing intellectual. 'Good riders' seem to be the subject now, and they exist in both booglet and surfrat form.

andycumo
Local
Location: anywhere thats shallow and hollow and uncrowded. ie; not sydney

Post by andycumo » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:14 pm

longhurst wrote:i was out their on a black unknown bunting... really i thought it was a very shit session... the wave has no power to boost or anything... need to surf it on a bigger day i guess, but its too crowded
usually not a boosting wave it really lacks a quality end bowl. if you want to boost dont bother coming out winki.

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:33 pm

i was out that day...i think i dropped in on some one on 1 wave, but i didnt mean to. Felt extremely guilty that i spoiled some boogers filthy pit.....im getting better at not shoulder hopping out there, that was my second sesh out there....my next sesh i actually took of deep.. :)...i like winki and i think i know who that karnt u guys were talkin about is...

**edit: i didnt write cooeee... :shock: :? ... it was ment to be Carnt
Last edited by g_u_m_b_y on Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

longhurst
Grommet

Post by longhurst » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:05 pm

well im kind of struggling to find waves in sydney that you can actually boost from... so far they all are unreliable and have shit bowles

fruitbowls
regular

Post by fruitbowls » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:03 pm

hint: that's why you stay in sydney...

...or is it?

longhurst
Grommet

Post by longhurst » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:32 pm

im a border from riverview, so maybe that explains why i surf in sydney.... so many crowds, and really not worth the trek through 1 hour traffic! i feel like the biggest westie ever to surf

Lidder
charger

Post by Lidder » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:54 pm

andycumo wrote:
longhurst wrote:i was out their on a black unknown bunting... really i thought it was a very shit session... the wave has no power to boost or anything... need to surf it on a bigger day i guess, but its too crowded
usually not a boosting wave it really lacks a quality end bowl. if you want to boost dont bother coming out winki.
one of the biggest moves ive ever seen pulled was done out winki...this jono bruce look a like guy just took off behind the peak...turned around the barrel and just drove up into this perfect forward air...legs perfectly crossed like hardy, made the rotation then landed clean...was soooo sik

but yes...winki is definetly a weird wave