Latest Surfer's Path : Agree To Disagree

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

ac2026
regular

Latest Surfer's Path : Agree To Disagree

Post by ac2026 » Mon May 29, 2006 4:00 am

This article is pretty cool........check it out :D :D :D :D :D

and yes it should be in the Bodyboarders only section

http://www.surferspath.com/54/agreetodisagree.html

petelev4
Local

Post by petelev4 » Mon May 29, 2006 6:59 am

hehehehehehehe no.

huz
regular

Post by huz » Mon May 29, 2006 9:29 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:

fruitbowls
regular

Post by fruitbowls » Mon May 29, 2006 11:46 am

just on that point is it just me or are 90% of surfers like, really shit.

i have respect for surfers who rip, but in comparison to boogers, that odd few are sooo outnumbered.

I dunno, maybe all the kooks and spastic surfers seem to gravitate together. There'll be a few reading this post, so tell me, where the fuck are the good ones?

Booger777
Grommet

Post by Booger777 » Mon May 29, 2006 12:35 pm

I'd show him by doing a cuttie in his face.

marty
barnacle

Post by marty » Mon May 29, 2006 12:58 pm

whether is stand-ups or boogers, the kooks outnumber the rippers by a mile.
hell im a kook...

HAL
Grommet

more lumber for the fire

Post by HAL » Mon May 29, 2006 1:05 pm

Here's an interesting interview with Kainoa McGee in regards to the lid/standup debate. http://www.ibatour.com/pages/?pageID=912&wordsID=1729

I don't get what the big fuss is all about? Think for yourself and ride what you like. I wish people in this forum ignored the constant lid bashing, it's obvious the initiators of the insults haven't a clue so leave it at that and ignore them.
talk is cheap

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Mon May 29, 2006 1:09 pm

fruitbowls wrote:just on that point is it just me or are 90% of surfers like, really shit.

i have respect for surfers who rip, but in comparison to boogers, that odd few are sooo outnumbered
Fruity, i think you'll find that you see less competent surfers because you, as a booger, are frequenting steeper, heavier spots.

This doesnt by any means indicate that boogers are therefore more competent. You're just looking in the wrong environment to find surfers. Only in recent years has surfboard riding taken to slabs like 'Theirs', Cyclops and the like, while historically, bodyboarders have been seeking these waves much longer. It depends what characteristics in a wave tickle your fancy - despite the fact that surf comps are often held in small onshore beachie mush, there is still an amazing amount of skill in launching and tearing apart these waves given the conditions. You just fail to recognise this.

Yeah there's plenty of kook surfers around, but there's also plenty of kook lidlets around. A big difference is that general surf media says good waves are hollow and perfect, while boog media says top waves are sketchy, thick and imperfect. Let's just say there's plenty of kooks, theyre just scattered in different places.

savesealrocks
barnacle

Post by savesealrocks » Mon May 29, 2006 2:31 pm

it so pathetic that saying "here we go again" in regards to a bb vs stick debate sounds like a stupidly overused cliche in these forums.

anyway here we go again. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

marty
barnacle

Post by marty » Mon May 29, 2006 2:31 pm

smnmntl wrote:Hey, shit-for-brains
Classic stuff there smnmntl. welcome to year 9 everybody.

pony_fag
regular

Post by pony_fag » Mon May 29, 2006 3:48 pm

smnmntl wrote:
fruitbowls wrote:just on that point is it just me or are 90% of surfers like, really shit.

i have respect for surfers who rip, but in comparison to boogers, that odd few are sooo outnumbered.

I dunno, maybe all the kooks and spastic surfers seem to gravitate together. There'll be a few reading this post, so tell me, where the **** are the good ones?
Hey, shit-for-brains, here's an idea: learning to rip on a shortboard takes years. Learning to rip on a sponge takes half an afternoon.

Now go and play on your boogie board.

So your saying you should be able to do this in half an afternoon?

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Mon May 29, 2006 3:53 pm

That is similar to my point of view...ride the right boards for the given conditions

jamezo
Grommet

Post by jamezo » Mon May 29, 2006 5:12 pm

smnmntl. u are a looser most of your comments have been posted in boogers only. u kook.

Carbon
regular

Post by Carbon » Mon May 29, 2006 6:08 pm

yeah sml is a fukwit

one question for him.. where do you surf?

I'd rather be in a deep pit on a lid then carving mush on a stick

the idea of bodyboarders are brought down by the amount of kooks in sydney, alot of the waves arent worth lidding on
smnmntl wrote:Matty.... surfers don't talk to each other in the water because many of them are secretly gay and just want to bum each other off.

huz
regular

Post by huz » Mon May 29, 2006 6:18 pm

i only surf my stick in only shit weak messy conditions. In good conditions i boog

Mattyj6522

Post by Mattyj6522 » Mon May 29, 2006 8:02 pm

I'm a former booger i guess you'd say, haven't been out there for a boog for 8 months or so, been giving the standup a go. The reason you see so many "kooky" surfers is that surfing is a f*%k load harder than bodyboarding. So why do so many people do it as opposed to boogering? Challenge? To fit in with the crowd? Or maybe its that feeling that you get when you come out of a hollow slab standing on your feet. Its indiscribable and uncomparable. I've got nothing against bodyboarding, just when people bad mouth either craft, whether its directly or indirectly as in this thread

pegs
regular

Post by pegs » Mon May 29, 2006 8:14 pm

just a wee idea but has anyone put a bb vs standup post in the say, the shortboarders forum? interesting to see why they think bboarders are shit or watever. jsut good to see both sides. personally i agree with ride watever craft is best for the conditions. i love my long board in the summer and my fush but i would eat shit in the heavy stuff with out my boog. just my 2 cents.

mic
regular

Post by mic » Mon May 29, 2006 8:49 pm

smnmntl wrote:
Hey, shit-for-brains, here's an idea: learning to rip on a shortboard takes years. Learning to rip on a sponge takes half an afternoon.

Now go and play on your boogie board.
fu*k you simon mantle your nothing,your just a shoulder riding kook,who hides behind the computer....& everybody dont bother asking were he surf cause he's never going tell us,never has & never will....& learing to surf takes a hour lesson at manly.