Seven7Legions

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

What do you thing of the brand name Seven7Legions

Awsome
No votes
Good
No votes
OK
42%
Bad
58%

Total votes: 19

eddie c

Seven7Legions

Post by eddie c » Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:10 pm

I am in the process of designing a range of clothing under the name

Seven7Legions

Its for my DT major work this year with a plan to start manufacturing it in 2005

Wondering what you guys think

Longboarder
regular

Clothing brand

Post by Longboarder » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:11 pm

Sounds like a name for a new lego set...

Its very hard to create a successful label in the surf industry these days, first you do need a good name. Look at yours and compare it to what makes billabong, rip curl and quiksilver catchy. Maybe those names didn't sound that crash hot when they were first created so you will find out just how catchy it is later. Then comes the marketing and exposure of your label, you need people to know about it and to think that its something they would want to buy, that means use by pros and exposure at competitions.

You prob already knew that just thought i would tell ya have fun...

jackjackjack

Post by jackjackjack » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:52 am

yeah i think it sounds a bit weak because you probably have no idea what 'seven legions' is. A name needs to have some sort of connotation behind it, it needs to have some substance.

Seven7Legions really doesnt mean anything to you does it?

Personally, i hate the names Billabong, Quiksilver and Rip Curl, but they've just wedged themselves into the industry so early that no one questions them. They design rad clothes and those names are just synonmous with surf culture now.

I make tshirts, just for myself though. Nothings worse than walking down the street and seeing some kook with the exact same tshirt as you. It's cool to have something that no one else has, so keep going at it.

Longboarder
regular

Post by Longboarder » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:56 pm

Doesnt worry me if i see someone at a party wearing the same shirt as me gives me a startup for a convo or even to know that hopefully there enjoying the piece of clothing on as many levels as i am lol.

thursday

Post by thursday » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:18 pm

that would have to be the worst name for a clothing company... no offence.. when i think of seven legions i think of piping hot and maui and sons.... no offence re-think the name....

Chonie

Post by Chonie » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:50 pm

Sounds too science fiction to me. I think star wars, star trek, not surfing.

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:53 pm

sounds ok for something like a surf vid, but seems to long for a brand name. Lets remember that I know sfa about marketing, but all the big names are pretty short.