Blackrock

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

stylefirst
barnacle

Blackrock

Post by stylefirst » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:55 pm

Sure ive heard heaps about it and tried to look him up a bit and check him out but have never seen photos of the wave in magazines or bodyboarding vids...

I know there is supposedly hectic locals and koori's there, but the name and reputation of it has to be exeded by the amount of protection on it and still i havent seen anything on it in mags etc...

I also have not seen any good photos of anyone at Blackrock even in wannasurf which is the easy option in finding waves...

I know i answered my own question in why there isnt many photos or footage of it because of the locals but has anyone got anything on Blackrock ie, stories, self taken photos/footage etc...

nick
regular

Post by nick » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:42 pm

u would be quite suprised about the amount of photos and footage of it u probably wouldve seen but not noticed. their was a fair bit of blackrock in rasied heights, like in the nsw section, ben player section, bunting and crashee section. Their is some pics of it in the new rippy of bunting surfin it. abit of footage in no friends 6 "lost cause". Ive been their myself before and its a sick place, their is stories of locals waxing windows but dont let that stop you going down. ive seen alot of pics of blackrock with lester, and the players, in a few movements. they tend to go down abit i think.

sandonpoint

Post by sandonpoint » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:45 pm

hey nick have u seen the S.C the local movie. Well that is overwelmed with Blackrock footage, too much to be percise. Vague Opportunities where Jono Bruce is also oz pipe. against the grain also has some

here is an absolute cracker

"turn the fear of the unknown into the exictement of the potential"

flip
regular

Post by flip » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:23 pm

names include; Blackrock, booderee, wreck bay, aussie pipe, Summercloud

mm
Grommet

Re: Blackrock

Post by mm » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:43 pm

stylefirst wrote:Sure ive heard heaps about it and tried to look him up a bit and check him out but have never seen photos of the wave in magazines or bodyboarding vids...

I know there is supposedly hectic locals and koori's there, but the name and reputation of it has to be exeded by the amount of protection on it and still i havent seen anything on it in mags etc...
Uh, there are no particularly hectic locals at Pipe and there is tons of footage, both video and pictures around. I've filmed there and when it's on, you'll always find people shooting. It's a bullshit wave, but it gets so crowded and lot of the people out there are good surfers so getting a wave is hard.

There are a couple of photos of Pipe here:

http://www.iamnone.com/photos.html

marty
barnacle

Post by marty » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:10 pm

ur kidding if u dont know where it is and what conditions it works on....
absolute joke.

stylefirst
barnacle

Post by stylefirst » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:02 pm

Well fvck me dead then... im sorry to all of you that i may have insulted with my query, and instead of helping me youve attacked me...sick... Pretty sure i wasnt asking how it works and what direction, dont care...

Just wanted to know and see if any od you have taken any photos yourself and expressing that i personally havent seen many photos on it... feel free to comment negatively to that too....

markkkkk
regular

Post by markkkkk » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:04 pm

blacky is shit dont go there it neva works and it a piece of shit. it gets real goood in ENE swells and easterly winds. ive had it pumping in that direction and yes i do have some pics of it for u http://www.nofriendsclothing.com.au/pho ... ineups.htm
the last one is blackrock and it is in a ENE swell bahahahha

flip
regular

Post by flip » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:40 pm

shut up marky u rekon ure kingshit on this site jus b quite u insecure kook.

hillsbodyboarder
regular

Post by hillsbodyboarder » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:16 pm

flip wrote:names include; Blackrock, booderee, wreck bay, aussie pipe, Summercloud
nothin like keepin it a little low profile ay...
read the latest riptide, plenty of vandalism goin down on the south coast to surfers cars...
QCD- its here

james
regular

Post by james » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:36 pm

way 2 crowded..........
its everywhere!!!!!!!! open your eyes man

markkkkk
regular

Post by markkkkk » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:29 pm

flip has no right testicle

hillsbodyboarder
regular

Post by hillsbodyboarder » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:31 pm

markkkkk wrote:flip has no right testicle
flip, why dont u just post up a map of the place mate. You have done half the job posting the names of the place...
why not keep it on the down low...
every1 would like to score it as uncrowded as possible and broadcasting in in a forum aint the way to go dude.
QCD- its here

Tahn
Local

Post by Tahn » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:23 pm

hillsbodyboarder ..I think it's safe to assume that A LOT of people already know where it is located

flip
regular

Post by flip » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:32 pm

here here, talk bout one of the most crowded boogin spots in Aus. When its pumpin go down there and c 4 ureself, quite similar to Pipe in Hawaii, but hey u neva kno u could get it uncrowded

hillsbodyboarder
regular

Post by hillsbodyboarder » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:32 pm

Tahn wrote:hillsbodyboarder ..I think it's safe to assume that A LOT of people already know where it is located
not disputing that mate.
just why not "try" not to increase to unneccessary levels...
QCD- its here