Looking for recommendations for a new board

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

coarse

Looking for recommendations for a new board

Post by coarse » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Due to injury I am currently having difficulty surfing and I am looking to get a bodyboard so that I can at least stay in the water.
I am 178cm and 78kg. I am looking at spending between $100-$200 on a board, however the cheaper the better. That said I want something durable so I assume that it should have a stringer. I'm not sure what kind of core I should be getting.

This is to be used bodyboarding in Sydney, anything up to 5ft. I'm not to worried about tricks, I just want to go along, get in the barrel when I can and carve. I'm not going to be going for any airs, etc..

I already have fins and won't need anything other than a board and leash.
Can anyone recommend:
1) A set of features to look for? (i.e. stringer, what kind of core, what kind of channels, rails, etc.. to suit the riding and conditions listed above)
2) Where to buy? instore or online? Also should I just stick to a main brand (e.g. Manta/Morey/BZ/etc..) or check out other brands as well.
3) I have seen a number of cheap boards advertised online, however to some extent these look like the cheap imports and while they have good specs I am unsure of their quality.

Thanks.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Re: Looking for recommendations for a new board

Post by jimmy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Brain injuries can be tough and I wish you all the best. The best decision you could make after becoming a mong is to get yourself a f.a.gmat. Speak to Marcus. He'll sort you out.
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

coarse

Post by coarse » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Posted expecting a response from the trolls, was not disappointed.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Yep. I'm a troll. See your earlier post below....

coarse wrote:TLDR: Cheap 3/2 billabong chest zip wetsuits, genuine bargain.

Hi All,

I have two brand new Billabong wetsuits for sale.
Brand new with tags, and have never been worn.
I also have a receipt from an AUstralian surf store (SDS). First in gets the origional, the other person will be provided with a copy. So you will still have your 1yr Australian warranty.

2 x 2011 Billabong Solution SG5 302 3/2mm chest zip wetsuit $250 each (Size M + MT)

** Wait, did I read that right, $250 ?? Each? But the RRP is $549, even the sale tag only says $330. So that means for both, I'm taking a $160 loss. Well this is for the good people at Realsurf.

1 x Size M Gallery http://imgur.com/a/cw8VB#0
1 x Size MT Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/CRWyo#0

If you would like more pics please let me know.

This is the same Style number as the wetsuit shown on the wetsite below, check the photo of the tag. This is brand new and not last years model.
http://www.billabong.com.au/product-cat ... ong-sleeve

I'm happy to just get rid of these cheap. If you're not in Sydney and not keen on buying through the forums, I will be putting these up for sale on eBay for $270 + $10 delivery (Extra is to cover the ebay fees). I have a good history on eBay and you will be covered by Paypal, etc as well.

Postage anywhere to Australia will be $10. Pickup preferred from Seaforth on the Northern Beaches, NSW 2092.

Any questions please ask.

Also sorry for the spammy post in the forums, but I do honestly think that this is a bargain.

Features:

Billabong Solution SG5 Wetsuit

* DryMax Collar
Soft subtle collar seal, water tight comfort.

* Barrier
Water tight internal barrier on back zip styles, furnace lined for additional warmth.

* Strategic Placed Seams
Strategically placed seams to eliminate chaffing, maximise flexibility and comfort.

* Solar Mesh
Solar Mesh acts in the same way as solar panels, by absorbing the suns heat, trapping it within the cell structure of the mesh, Solar mesh 5 is 30% warmer than any nylon covered neoprene.

* Impact Welded Seams
Seams are welded shut with a flexible, durable water tight seam seal.

* Furnace Thermal Lining
Poly Propelyne jersey lining the chest and back panels of the SG5 series. The lining increases heat retention on your core body area making the suit warmer.

* Silicon Gripers
Silicon gripers at the wrist and ankle area to eliminate movement and water entry.

* ZG400
The all new Solution SG5 utilises BILLABONG´S new ZERO GRAVITY SUPERFLEX neoprene...Increased cell size in the foam core makes this warmer, lighter and more flexible than ever before.

* 3D Moulded Supratex Knees
Abrasion resistant 3D moulded knee pads for flexibility and durability.

* Hidden Externel Key Pocket
Easy access positioned key/stash pocket.
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole