custom vs. stock

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

tim

custom vs. stock

Post by tim » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:04 am

i'm going for a new board...my manta eppo air's got a bunch of creases in it, and i reckon it's time for something new...and i was wondering - what should i go for? are custom boards any good?? are all stock boards coming out of warehouses in indonesia/taiwan or something???
like, for example... mez used to shape custom boards...but now they're under the nmd badging, are they all mass produced? what's the deal with all this?

cheers
tim

yappa

Post by yappa » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:12 am

Mez actually has two divisions NMD or Nick Mezritz Designs and NMC Nick Mezritz customs , the NMD variety to be like your stock board and the NMC obviously custom

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:29 pm

Hey do Turbo customs still shape out of Taren Point ?

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:12 pm

yeah i think they might ian, when i was at manta in 98 they did some railing for some of mantas boards, dont know if they do customs tho.
ill give you theyre number when you come over to my place next.
ps, the big sea urchin died today and i tried to flush it down the loo and it got stuck
got some nice fish out of the rockpool tho, picked up a blue ringed octopus by mistake,(really tiny like a slug size)
but luckily no bite.
picked it up on the top.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:48 pm

Hi there Marcus, you're gonna nead some Drain Cleaner soon!

Have to get some sacrificial gimp fish for the occ.

The Turbo at Taren Pt used to do custom (shaped by Andrew someone?), I dunno if they were affiliated with Turbo hawaii but I loved my old XKE (and Cobra) and want to eventually build a board around those specs if they have them, super mega quick but the narrow tail would sometimes pop out in a hard turn. Also snapped the Arcel core. Methinks a PP core and a cuppla channels would help.

SpoNgeR_69
regular

Post by SpoNgeR_69 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:46 pm

Yeah NMDs are quality boards
go ben player
I would surf too if i couldnt bodyboard

SpoNgeR_69
regular

Post by SpoNgeR_69 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:12 pm

stock boards are as good as any custom board...thats my 2 cents worth
anyway
I would surf too if i couldnt bodyboard