pipe pro on now

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

marcus
Owl status

pipe pro on now

Post by marcus » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Re: pipe pro on now

Post by alakaboo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:36 pm

is that really the best conditions they could get?
bodyboarding is only fun in heavy waves, as much as I can admire the flexibility required to do a backflip in 2 foot waves, it is boring to watch.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:34 pm

alakaboo wrote:is that really the best conditions they could get?
bodyboarding is only fun in heavy waves, as much as I can admire the flexibility required to do a backflip in 2 foot waves, it is boring to watch.

Last post in the much frequented boogers forum was from Alakaboo.. You've really been a good Sheriff Marcus. :roll:
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:38 pm

my comment was meant in terms of the professionalism of the tour, it was a serious comment.

It's akin to the challenges of the events where the girl's tour gets sent out on the laydays of the men's. I think anyone who saw the Snapper event where they got some decent surf saw what it meant in terms of kudos and coverage.

thought it might generate some conversation, but obviously not.
Marcus was right, pull the plug.

KMD
regular

Post by KMD » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Bodyboard world tour for the last few years has been pathetic. Cant remember the last time a comp was held in demanding, good waves. Surfing is fine because it can acomodate to shitty waves however bodyboarders need high performance waves.

Basically leads to a poor cycle since its such a small sport, there is a major lack of money, so waiting periods are smaller (or so they say its the money thats the reason behind it), so shitty comps, so no one wants to invest ..

Basically for the sport to grow, they need to look outside world tours. In fact a massive revamp has happened from last years world tour, a gamble on the IBA behalf. If it pays off could be huge (well redbull.tv and fuel tv showing the event is big enough) but all the main event waves are world class where in previous years there was maybe 3 good events a year.

Who knows, personally i think boogies are rather pointless in alot of conditions, even worse is making comps in those conditions. The guys at the top are pretty moronic, recently have been listening to the crys of anyone with half a brain. But who knows.. actually who cares? I dont really..

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:59 pm

jimmy1501 wrote:
alakaboo wrote:is that really the best conditions they could get?

Last post in the much frequented boogers forum was from Alakaboo.. You've really been a good Sheriff Marcus. :roll:
im not a mod anymore you dumb sh!t
god you have some interesting things to say
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

KMD
regular

Post by KMD » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Take it to the tangents thread marcus, dont care about that shit here.

Lard Lad
regular

Post by Lard Lad » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:21 pm

ghey

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:47 pm

Hey LL. G'day.
Where's ya bin? :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:46 pm

This years tour is looking good:
1. Pipe
2. The Box
3. Arica
4. Mex Pipe
5. Reunion Islands
6. El fronton
7. Confidal

With the GQS (global qualifying series) mirroring most of the sites.

They were going to have the finals for pipe but it was presidents day, so they had to hold it the next day. It was an average hawaii season anyway. The finals were not 2ft. It got up to 6ft out backdoor with plenty of high performance riding going on. Was good to have it live on Fuel and Redbull - something that will be happening for all the events. Redbull.tv enjoyed the highest web traffic they ever had for their site.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Coops@DY wrote:This years tour is looking good:
1. Pipe
2. The Box
3. Arica
4. Mex Pipe
5. Reunion Islands
6. El fronton
7. Confidal

With the GQS (global qualifying series) mirroring most of the sites.

They were going to have the finals for pipe but it was presidents day, so they had to hold it the next day. It was an average hawaii season anyway. The finals were not 2ft. It got up to 6ft out backdoor with plenty of high performance riding going on. Was good to have it live on Fuel and Redbull - something that will be happening for all the events. Redbull.tv enjoyed the highest web traffic they ever had for their site.
See, some sensible discussion. Wasn't so hard, was it? :lol:

That tour looks better, hope they get some good swell.

I only saw the last 10 minutes of the final, which was pretty lame. They were doing some pretty impressive stuff in what was on offer, but I couldn't figure out why it was held then.

KMD
regular

Post by KMD » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:46 pm

Final 10 minutes was lame? Hubbs dying seconds barrel was lame? Hard to impress...

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:19 pm

guess so.
maybe it was the camera angle, but I couldn't figure out how he got the scores.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:33 pm

It was a great comeback. He was in need of a combo score and got two smokers in the last 5 minutes. The barrel he got would have been incredibly hard to come out of and it was the best on offer for those conditions. The backflip he did on the next wave was pretty darn big.
He'll be hard to beat anywhere. The tour events this year suit his riding, with big bowls and heaving pits. A lot of pressure on PLC to bring home a championship. He's been the next big thing since Dre for a couple of years now.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.