New ATD/Mike Stewart Customs coming soon!

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

ac2026
regular

Post by ac2026 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Written by Alistair Taylor
Sunday, 19 April 2009

CAT COMES OUT OF THE BAG....

In some of the biggest news to ever come out in the bodyboarding world, Mike Stewart and Alistair Taylor announce a collaborative effort to produce the most innovative and advanced custom bodyboards imaginable.

Mike Stewart, who holds more world bodyboarding titles than anyone, and Alistair Taylor, an 8x South African Bodyboarding champ, both share a penchant for innovation and pushing the boundaries of bodyboard design and materials. The soon to be released result of this joint effort will be a bodyboard that far surpasses current bodyboard technology, both in terms of performance and durabilty, as well as aesthetic functionality.

Even the new company website, soon to be announced, will feature never before seen functionality to greatly improve the way the customer is able to design his or her dream board before ordering.

Stay tuned to bodyboarding news site and news groups for more on these exciting developments, as these product breakthroughs will be unveiled shortly. Specific pricing will also be made known at the time of the website launch. Initially the boards will be strictly limited editions, with only so many boards available per year, so they are sure to be highly coveted items. The custom boards will be made in Hawaii for international delivery to customers around the world.

The current ATD bodyboards site will be coming down soon to make way for the new site, but inquiries in the interim can be sent to [email protected] This email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it – the old [email protected] This email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it email will also fall away at the same time.

Last Updated ( Sunday, 19 April 2009 )

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Re: New ATD/Mike Stewart Customs coming soon!

Post by Kunji » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:19 pm

Looking forward to what they come up with. I got ATD to custom a board for me. It was well crafted, but the materials he used made it too stiff, despite being only 48mm thick. It needs a nice hot bath for a few hours.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

LONGINUS
barnacle

Post by LONGINUS » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:49 am

Suprised Mike Stewart didnt do something like this a long time ago. Does he still compete? Saw him bodysurfing pipe once, insane.
salty wrote:Surfing Atlas WTF? ...I have to pay a sign-up fee in order to expose to the masses, pictures of and directions to my favorite breaks! http://www.surfingatlas.com

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:28 am

yeh he still competes. He owns his own company aswell so its pretty cool the two companies are getting together.

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:31 pm

came second at pipe last year didnt he?

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:28 pm

Cant remember but he came 2nd in the Brazil comp a couple of weeks ago.

To bad no one worth mentioning bothered to turn up...

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:47 pm

01 Ryan Hardy 2000
02 Guilherme Tamega 1985
03 Mike Stewart 1803
04 Paulo Barcellos 1745
05 Pierre Louis Costes 1720

He's doing pretty good for a 46 year old.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:52 pm

yeah man proper waterman. i've only heard good things about ATD's so these will be pretty badass.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:12 pm

LONGINUS wrote:Saw him bodysurfing pipe once, insane.
Almost longinus, they actually do it on a sliver of foam now and call it 'body boarding'.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:16 pm

a mate of mine got a custom ATD silver bullet thing that i didnt like at all.
it had a slick type of paint on epoxy stuff, on deck and slick.
something looked home made-ish about it to me.
i never rode it, and i dont do DK, but when my mate offered it to me for sale i wasnt interested at all. maybe it was one of those customs that the customer is to blame. it was good to see someone do something totally different though.
would like to see some more of they're work for a better opinion.

i was just thinking the other day id like to make the fastest bodyboard possible, not sure where to start though. might give some firbeglass a go.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

The Dan
Local

Post by The Dan » Tue May 05, 2009 9:12 pm

I'm actually really keen to see what they come up with. Ive had two atd's, the first was similiar to what marcus described all in one rezine machine. The second had these funky rolled railed to straight 90 degree pegs at the back. Cool boar for when its small, but like coops said, to stiff. However with mike on board to to the guiding, and at's fresh idea's these things could be real innovation.....