possible changes to bodyboarding section membership

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

marcus
Owl status

possible changes to bodyboarding section membership

Post by marcus » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:20 pm

Gday all
the time has come for Lambert and myself to ask for help from the sites owner Don for help with moderating issues in the bodyboarders only section of realsurf.
we want to keep the section free from intimidation and arguments about surfcraft choice.
we would like the people who really like talking bodyboarding topics to be able to without topics ruined or heading off in negative tangents.

we have up untill now recieved help from Butts and Collnarra, who have given plenty of warnings, but its not really working.

Don has given us a few choices for the bodyboarding section

1, leave it as it is
2, shut the main offenders out of the bodyboarding section with permissions
3, make the bodyboarders only section members only.

Don prefers not to go option 3, but will be guided by the mods advice.

i would prefer to leave it as is, but it doesnt work.
maybe shut main offenders out for 3 months?

If the legit bodyboarding section users could let us know theyre thoughts, we can then advise Don on what to do next.

Cheers and hope you all have some fun in the waves coming from this swell, no matter what you decide to ride.
Marcus

pm me, or email if you want to keep your reply private.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

lambert
barnacle

Re: possible changes to bodyboarding section membership

Post by lambert » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:33 pm

private shmivate- this isn't real life, no one knows me :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

but im certain that option 2 is the way to go, nothing personal ( :wink: ) to the ppl that are making this happen but you don't deserve to be allowed to post on bb's only,

on a side note, i remember i posted on the stick thread in reply to fibreflex boards (having 2 of my own) and just got grilled haha, i hate to generalize but too many sticks on this thread are beguiling pansies- insecurity towards minority groups much :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:33 pm

This forum isnt really going anywhere i must say. Hasnt really been a good new thread for a long time plus it seems most booger users have moved to another forum... which also seems to be dying or just given up on forums all together. Probably not much you can do, may as well leave it.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:03 pm

Can the shortboarders section be members only too?

Plus I think it says something when even the Boogey Boarding mods dont come to this forum enough to moderate it.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:58 pm

TMC wrote:Can the shortboarders section be members only too?

Plus I think it says something when even the Boogey Boarding mods dont come to this forum enough to moderate it.
HAHA, there you were bitching about how its over-moderated and now you're making an absolute fool out of yourself with one of the biggest backflips i've seen on this forum.

also why should boogs be banned from stick section? is it cuz we go on there and try and put down every post made? i really wanna know cuz i hardly go there, not saying it doesn't happen (cuz i don't know) i am just curious

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:09 am

What if the boogers who do go on there also stand up surf better than TMC?

Deesee
barnacle

Post by Deesee » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:21 am

OK, how about you start posting some serious bodyboarding topics and us stand ups stay away for a month. See how much traffic is generated (hopefully more than the 3 or so regular bb's that confer here). If it dies, open it back up to us, and we'll help you out and get it moving again.
If it feels good, do it.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:09 am

lambert wrote:
TMC wrote:Can the shortboarders section be members only too?

HAHA, there you were bitching about how its over-moderated and now you're making an absolute fool out of yourself with one of the biggest backflips i've seen on this forum.
By over moderation, I was referring to how strick you are with your moderation not how prompt you are.

And revo if you stand up then yourwelcome to join. But when I was little I used to boogy board so can I stay and play with the mongs?
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

Dork
Grommet

Post by Dork » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:12 pm

As a newbie here i havent contributed much so may not be entitled to much of a say, however as a newbie i can give more an outsiders perspective.
The fact that a thread by a moderator about non booger interference in the bb forum can so quickly turn to crap as this thread is heading
eg
nuffink ngo wrote:Possibly amalgamate it with another rarely visited forum.
May I suggest the " secret girls business " section
then i wonder at the soft options provided by the mods.
marcus wrote:Don has given us a few choices for the bodyboarding section

1, leave it as it is
2, shut the main offenders out of the bodyboarding section with permissions
3, make the bodyboarders only section members only.
Why the segregation, the forum is one entity with many parts to it, but if some people are tools in the bodyboarding section then that still means they are tools in the whole forum. While they may be better contributers in other parts of the forum they are still disrepecting the forum and thus should be punished accourding to the whole forum. So i would say dont be so soft and ban just from the bb section, ban the offenders from the whole forum for a month if they are tools and disruptive. Make em examples and try to change the whole thing in the long term. Youll never fix the problem otherwise. These disrupters clearly love the "power" a forum gives them (prob cause they have very little in real life) so take it away from them and see if they learn their lesson. If your not that serious about fixing the problem then make the whole forum for standups and delete the bb section. The other BB forum available is a much more respectable place anyway so i dont think the boogers will miss it here.

any hoo just some thoughts. do what you like with em.

Deesee
barnacle

Post by Deesee » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Hey Dork, how'd you earn that nickname?
If it feels good, do it.

Dork
Grommet

Post by Dork » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Ha ha, Gave it meself champ. I got no delusions :D

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:45 pm

Dork wrote:Ha ha, Gave it meself champ. I got no delusions :D
I would have said shame.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:57 pm

TMC wrote:
Dork wrote:Ha ha, Gave it meself champ. I got no delusions :D
I would have said shame.
Where's Revo? Is this a serious thread?

Deesee
barnacle

Post by Deesee » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:31 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:Where's Revo? Is this a serious thread?
I believe it is serious. So far 4 serious types have taken part. If we get banned or locked out, the Fantastic 4 can talk serious bodyboarding without fear of being teased. I wish them well in their quest.
If it feels good, do it.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Folks I'm a bodysurfer and oldtime bellyboarder and I don't give a rotund rats' rectum about whatever presumptive food chain standups' crap might come my way.

Noting there are a few fellow lurkers here.
Man up, pay em out or get out eh? :lol:
See you at retrovision eh?

Tahn
Local

Post by Tahn » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:36 pm

Troll problems? Get modding, and ban if necessary.

Zippy da Pinhead

Post by Zippy da Pinhead » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:12 am

The BB forum here is crap because all the regular He-Men pop in for a spit and tug to feel good.
But they wouldnt have the courage to drop in on every conversation in a pub, just here.
The other BB forums are doing well, Riptide and BBer.com are respectful places where the members dont piss on one another, something that fosters good conversations and high site traffic.
Id ban the bullyboys that havent grown into men because that'd hurt them the most, just a lazy 6 months for a first offence, instant life ban for a 2nd offence and then you'd see the others wet themselves and steer clear of the BB forum forever.
Quick and easy, pick one from the names above , any one , give them 6 months to dry their tears and you'd never see another dopey troll post again and then the BB forum here would build up again.
Or just cut the whole BB forum because at the moment its just a urinal for the nutless.
There was an accident involving an overweight balding middle aged man.
Are you OK ??