agent 18 vs Dunes

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

Agent 18 vs. Dunes

Agent 18
50%
Dunes
50%

Total votes: 4

lambert
barnacle

agent 18 vs Dunes

Post by lambert » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:53 pm

Which do you prefer? i know that A-18 have not had much retail presence yet but from what you have seen and heard about the 2 brands what would you prefer?

i was also told that dunes have replied to faulty seam warranty claims by sending the customer a tube of glue... i know bodyboarding is not a very affluent industry for some suppliers but serously, its not that hard to re-seal a gbs seam and keep the customer happy... bad vibes much??

i have personally sent wet suits from $140-$599 back to suppliers to get even the slightest digressions repaired/replaced at the full cost of the company- this definitely builds my confidence in the company as a supplier and hearing this glue rumor it doesn't do much for my faith in them

in all honesty though, sure your doing a good thing for the company and the sport, but i don't think i will ever go back from a chest zip ripcurl springy and steamer, definitely the best wetty out there imo.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:58 pm

Ive heard alot of good things about agent 18 and just havnt really heard much about dunes at all. Although that said i wont be going out spending $400+ to get an agent 18... If i do get a steamer this winter (i think ill try get through one more winter with my ooolllldddd one) then itd be the dunes $150 cheapo one.

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:05 pm

good management and good backing, as well as a good team and good suits are the reason a18 are so big yet they are few and far between atm

GAV!N
regular

Post by GAV!N » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:52 am

neither, billabong does me fine. last 2 have been great, and i don't have any aspiration to start looking like every other bodyboarder out there that feels they need a dunes wetty to fit in, and suck cock better.

GETUP KID
Grommet

Post by GETUP KID » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:14 pm

Hahah that can not be true about DUNES sending glue to customers just does not make sense...Comparing DUNES to AGENT 18...hmm DUNES are suits that should retail for $150. Cheap suits but will keep you war if you surf for 1hr. AGENT 18 suits are very costly. I would probably go for a PEAK (RIP CURL without the super inflated price mark) or TIKI suits (I have a TIKI at the moment and is sick) again without the inflated price mark.....

lid shaper
Grommet

Post by lid shaper » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:09 pm

i have been wearing radiator suits for the past four years, and they are epic! flat locked and glued on the inside and filled with a sh!t load of titanium for extra warmth. and this allows for a thinner wetsuit, and much better comfort.

no gimmiks, just plain black and made for the water. no grippy rubber on the outsides either. a perfect booger wetty!

might be hard to track down, and a little on the wallet, but my two wetties have lasted 4 years now, and have'nt lost any stretch or warmth. best investment ever.

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:27 pm

peak is just Ripcurl from the year before, so factory leftovers. but for solid entry lvl suits they dont have any real downfall.

titanium lining has its plusses, warmth cuz of reduced wind chill and water displacment from your vitals for a few quick ones, but it just doesn't have the durability of your standard jersey linings, i mean if you look after them well they will have a good life, but for the same wear and tear Lycra jersey will last longer.

Lycra is good- but the new poly-fleece material is pretty nuts, but yeah your looking at at least $300 for a suit that has it.

and YES he did send glue :? for a gbs pop haha

better suits dont just keep you warmer, but you don't get burnt out so you aren't restrained by your stamina but by the conditions.

i must agree with gav, boog wetties are shit compared to the current leaders but if you wanna support/look pro on the walk to the beach then by all means get one

Curly_Cat
Grommet

Post by Curly_Cat » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:07 pm

agent 18 wetties are made in the same factory as the billabong ones so they would be using same materials as bong wetties
Curly Rules

link

Post by link » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:44 pm

I have found rip curl wetsuits, even though they are expensive are the best and last the longest.

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:31 pm

Curly_Cat wrote:same materials as bong wetties
that goes for every brand besides O'Neill and RC, these 2 companies actually sorce their own materials and do their own RandD, i just got a new chest zip spring today, with the e3 and such.. its rediculous, plain and simple the most amazing peice of rubber i have ever worn in public

rex
regular

Post by rex » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:55 pm

your probably going to bag me out but i've found that for the price dunes wetties are better than the major brands. I've had two dunes wetties a Cruisader springy with titanium that only cost me $100 and a gladiator steamer with liquid rubber seams that cost me $200 they've lasted 2 years so far and are still extremely warm. I've had a few other wetties in the past mainly cheap ripcurl ones that last less than a year and a crappy aleeda gbs that doesnt tighten up around the neck so in comparison the dunes is in a league of its own.

Rosco_Babaresco

Post by Rosco_Babaresco » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:36 pm

i just changed from a billabong solution gold 3/2 to a Agent 18 3mm all over and id have to say comparing the 2 the agent is definitly better in the cold stuff. maybe cos its 3mm all over but it lets the wind thru a bunch less and for more than $100 cheaper than the solution its definitly a great suit.
Ps zebras and colours are for photo slut wannabe's!!
I think Dunes is also following the sh!t revolution bringing out a checkered wetty soon.
Black seems to have served everyone well why bother changing??