Material & Features in a Bodyboard

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

Bigtime 7

Material & Features in a Bodyboard

Post by Bigtime 7 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:25 pm

I am looking to buy a new board, and I realise it has been that long since I bought my last one that I don’t even know half the board brands these days or the technology behind them.

So I was wondering what features and materials that people look for in general when buying a board, rather than hearing about brands.

Especially what materials do they find give the best life span, recoil, performance, don’t warp in the sun etc.

I am sure there is a thread on this some where but I could not find it.

So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS – I know the crescent tail v bat tail has been covered so lets not go down that path.

chris_010
Local

Post by chris_010 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:19 pm

Try: http://www.altaylordesigns.co.za/boards/

Best board i've ridden and plenty of info on the site, so have a read.

lambert
barnacle

Re: Material & Features in a Bodyboard

Post by lambert » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:06 am

Bigtime 7 wrote:
Especially what materials do they find give the best life span, recoil, performance, don’t warp in the sun etc.
stringers

spongeInside
Local

Re: Material & Features in a Bodyboard

Post by spongeInside » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:49 am

Bigtime 7 wrote: So I was wondering what features... that people look for in general when buying a board, rather than hearing about brands.
Personally I go for smaller, finer features. Except for the lips, I like these to be a little more on the fuller side perfect for smoking pole. I like decent boobs, and a nice feminine ass.. but not flabby, just nice and round. Big bright eyes is a must as well. Oh, and she has to put out. :wink:

GAV!N
regular

Post by GAV!N » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:53 pm

PP core with a stringer should last the longest. no need a to get fancy with all this dual core shit. some say PE is better, but it won't last as long. so if you want a good solid, long lasting board, PP with a stringer is the way to go.
regardless of what you get - DON'T LEAVE YOUR BOARD IN THE SUN!
some people like channels, some don't.
personally - don't get caught up in elbow pads, hip grooves, shin grooves, beer holders, xray goggles, chick magnets etc... its all a load of shit and won't improve your riding (or your ability to pull chicks :P)

Bigtime 7

Post by Bigtime 7 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:12 am

Cheers guys, off to the board shop this morning. I’ll avoid the temptation of the board with the beer holders!

Hopefully that little south pulse has arrived for the early.

Bigtime 7

Post by Bigtime 7 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:15 am

Sounds like a good model Sponge!

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:28 am

does zis one come wiz ze pussy magnet?

nose bulbs are a must, its like making love to a girl wearing silk gloves. but yeah pp for sure, flex-tip stringers are nice in certain situations, but for the 1 board quiver riders you're much much better off going for a single peice string due to its versatility and performance...

and those flat bar stringers are alright in that they reduce the lateral flex atttributes of the core yet give you a feel that remids you less of a fish with rigomortis as compared to double standard stringers

x2 strings are very very good for crease reduction due to the lateral strength but even still, gogo e-peen, ive creased a double strung mesh board with a pp core so more often than not, if its gonna crease there isnt much you can do.