fixing a pod leash

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

marcus
Owl status

fixing a pod leash

Post by marcus » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:06 pm

hi guys and girls.
i broke a pod bicep leash on the weekend out patch and besides not beng happy with the equipment not holding up to the conditions, the kid that rescued my board for me commented he had a pod leash break in the same place, then bodyboardersince89 was there and said same thing happened to him and he fixed it with a d-shackle, then some kids i walked past on the way back to the point said they have had the same thing happen and pods are supposed to be strong leashes.

so, the first thing i did was get my spare leash and put some shoelace as a safety loop where the plastic ring is, incase it happened again.

then today i got to work on the broken leash and following BBS89's idea i went to bunnings and purchaced a 6mm 316 stainless steel quick link.

worked into the the tight leash loop (was bloody tight fit)

then did it up as normal

at this point id like to thank the bodyboard leash manufacrturers for failing to provide just one brand of leash that can withstand 6ft waves.

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:38 pm

i used a bike lock coil after i broke my 4th creatures in 2 weeks, seemed like a good idea, good memory strong nice coil, but first wave i got spanked on it ripped the plug through the board, but what you did is pro, if its gonna break atleast it wont be your board but the coil

link

Post by link » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:46 pm

i snapped my pod leash in 7ft l.a and my board got caned!! it got so beat up the slick started peeling from the tail. so pissed off! both the leash and the board were only 3 weeks old.

The only reason i bought it was because it has a key pocket.

I took it back to bsc and they fixed me up with a new one..

P.s i was shitting myself trying to get in on the rocks in what seemed like 10ft whitewash! the beach had the gnarliest rip going out so it wasnt an option!

Fucken pod! almost killed me!!

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:38 pm

link wrote:i snapped my pod leash in 7ft l.a and my board got caned!! it got so beat up the slick started peeling from the tail. so pissed off! both the leash and the board were only 3 weeks old.

P.s i was shitting myself trying to get in on the rocks in what seemed like 10ft whitewash! the beach had the gnarliest rip going out so it wasnt an option!

**** pod! almost killed me!!
Sick

stylefirst
barnacle

Post by stylefirst » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:29 pm

link wrote:i snapped my pod leash in 7ft l.a and my board got caned!! it got so beat up the slick started peeling from the tail. so pissed off! both the leash and the board were only 3 weeks old.

**** pod! almost killed me!!
7ft LA :lol: :lol: :lol:
10ft whitewash :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stylefirst
barnacle

Post by stylefirst » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:31 pm

smells like someone is talking tap

link

Post by link » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:53 pm

i said it seemed like 10 ft whitewash. it was big though!

crooked
Local

Post by crooked » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:00 pm

I have straightened so many leashes recently, can someone please invent a leash that can handle 6ft+ waves?

boogarist
Grommet

Post by boogarist » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:07 pm

nah just dont go out that big u ball sack