The stoke spreads

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

greygrom
regular

The stoke spreads

Post by greygrom » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:47 pm

Happy days.

My 12yr old son has moved on from the plastic kiddy toys. He has finally, after 4 years, ditched the flippity flap board and picked up some fibreglass. He is surfing 4 times a week with a coupla mates and is loving it. He raves about his adventures discovering the delights of standing up and being counted, backdooring the closeouts and generally doing all the things a young bloke should be doing in the surf.

Next year, I guess there will be little bimbos in the yard and bits missing from the hose. Oh well, the rites of passage are well known.

No more booger anymore
No more booger at my door. :D

pig champion
Local

Re: The stoke spreads

Post by pig champion » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:22 pm

greygrom wrote:Happy days.

No more booger anymore
No more booger at my door. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
my heaters broke & i'm so tired ...

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:47 pm

Aaaaah, finding out ya sons not gay. Priceless. :D

daleknowles
regular

Post by daleknowles » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:42 pm

ahhh, what's with the hose?

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:57 pm

to stick into a plastic bottle to make bongs. You know bongs? All the better to smoke weed with, to get *high*.

daleknowles
regular

Post by daleknowles » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:01 pm

ahhh, I thought it might have something to do with M.J.

we used pens, dump the guts, grab some duct tape... and so on...

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:03 pm

(Insert generic booger trashtalk here)

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:25 pm

Rah rah rah! Boooooogers. blah blah stand up and be counted and so forth. rah rah rah! Superior brains etc..

Zzzzzzzzz... :roll:

Hano
Local

Re: The stoke spreads

Post by Hano » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:08 pm

greygrom wrote:
Next year, I guess there will be little bimbos in the yard and bits missing from the hose. . :D
Ahhh flashbacks.

Sensational greygrom. To have the young fella progress must give you a sense of self satisfaction and peace of mind.

Our household is still in the developing stages; my 8 yr old son is trying to negotiate anything smaller than 3ft on a foamy whilst my girls are still splashin around on the biscuits.

Hopefully in years to come I’m “cool enough” to share the reef with me young bloke.

--++sunstroke++--
Owl status

Post by --++sunstroke++-- » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:45 pm

pffft, bucket bongs all the way :roll:

greygrom
regular

Post by greygrom » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:46 pm

Ya know the trick, don't hassle them. Just keep surfing on the point with the other "masters", talk surfing, buy the mags (well not very often) leave a few old paper tracks circa 1976 in the rack in the bog house, paddle out when it is going off and just generally do you old boys surf stuff and the kid will follow.

Of course ya gotta drop a few sly remarks very now and then about flippity flap and other undesirable pastimes.

mmmm .... I betcha I do get caught checking the perkyness of the beach babe bimbos mums... LOL already do. I mean a mans gotta guide his sons to the playground. :wink:

It is all good.

Gotta do the early patrol in the morning (the wind will die) after the kids get on the bus for school. It must really puss them off when I do a U turn from the bus stop and head back down the road to the point. Gotta teach them patience and responsibility too I guess. Don't want to spoil the cheeky buggers. :D

fong

Post by fong » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:25 pm

stoked 4 u greygrom :!:

it's like his a REAL boy now :lol:

funny how u don't have these kinda dramas with daughters :?:

chicks don't even consider doing the lid thing and go straight 4 standup :?

most likly just that mature early than boys thing :idea:

:arrow:

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:14 pm

greygrom that's ace. nothing better for the heart than your own grom growing up and happy with it :lol:

Of course it's all fun and games till he out-paddles you for a set wave. As fongles would say, :o :o :oops: :twisted: :shock: :arrow: :?:

crooked
Local

Post by crooked » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:30 pm

Spotting is the go- you don't have to mix it with ciggarette to make it burn

bringbackmacca
regular

Post by bringbackmacca » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:22 pm

Shame, he has thrown away such a great watercraft im sure it wasnt his own decision. He will regret his decision in later life.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:40 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:Bodyboarding is heaps better and more difficult than anything u idiots do
Much more difficult than, say, BEING A PARENT, hey, you pathetic, barely literate, disoriented, beflippered, spongiform, shorebreak-loving, girl-fearful, dependent child.

I blanch to think of the moves you must do on a "bodyboarder".
(Me Ron!)

PS: For more on mustkillmulloway, see the Bodyboard School thread on the General Surf Discussion page.

Chong
regular

Post by Chong » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:12 pm

I kinda feel like mustkillmulloway brought a knife to a gun fight (in a cerebral and literary sense)....

greygrom
regular

Post by greygrom » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:05 pm

Rockin' Ron wrote:whose biting?
crabs & puffer fish mostly ...

Bloody waves never got their act together this morning. Took the boy and his mate around to the Pines this arvo and they where having a fine old time catching the closeouts. I got a few clean waves in a mega rip by the tower but it was paddling practise mostly.

Cricket at 7:30 in the morning, slow Saturday morning season has started. Ya not missing anything on Sat mornings in Summer anyway, what with the "new locals" turning up for a style session and all.

I have to confess. I burned a shark biscuit real bad on the point last Friday. Dropped into the second suck and just cut him off bad. He was just lying around anyway. Looking up and making weird noises like he lost his nose ball somewhere and his bucket of fish where off. He had a bit of rant but it is hard to make a point when your only propulsion is kicking like a baby and your chained to a bath toy.

Ya gotta squash em or they get cocky and start breeding like slugs in the garden munching on the primo vegi patch when your out carousing their mothers.

#2 son was playing some hell rifts on his guitar when we got back. They tell me that a bit of left hanging on the back step does wonders for their melancholy music talents. He is too young to drink after all and he will never be a surfer boy. Too smart by half.

Cheers and that’s a leg bye son.

Flippity flap
What’s with that