boogies are soft
22%
shortboards are the crack
78%

Total votes: 9

howsitgoin
regular

Post by howsitgoin » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:13 pm

Maybe you're right, maybe we can compare basketball and netball, like surfing and lidding. Lidding (basketball)
he isnt right you cant compare basketball to lidding.....people think more of basketballers than they do of netballers which in your case would mean that lidders are more repsected than surfers which isnt true...basketball is a good sport...bodyboarding..isnt :roll:

Alvin
Grommet

Post by Alvin » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:24 pm

howsitgoin wrote:
Maybe you're right, maybe we can compare basketball and netball, like surfing and lidding. Lidding (basketball)
he isnt right you cant compare basketball to lidding.....people think more of basketballers than they do of netballers which in your case would mean that lidders are more repsected than surfers which isnt true...basketball is a good sport...bodyboarding..isnt :roll:
That's kinda what I was thinking, until I considered the possibility that maybe boogieboarding could draw some parallels with basketball....in terms of the amount of large black gentlemen slamming their balls into their rims
vortex wrote:So 'Alvin', if that is your real name, when you can backflip above Shar Island's dry end section, surge, when its pushing 8 foot, then i might consider taking you seriously when you say sponging is 'easy'.

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:24 pm

wanto wrote:VORTEX
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you're new here mate so i forgive you for not realising the following:
1. we've heard it all before
2. we don't care
3. we like making people make 6 paragraph responses that make little sense and solve nothing
4. we don't care
OK mate but you're oblivious to the fact that as bodyboarders, we've heard it all before too and its just the same old unfounded rubbish so would you just grow up already. Thanks.
howsitgoin wrote:
Ok. That was my point mate, that you CANT compare sports like that. You're not going to show me up or prove me wrong by telling me the same thing i just told you. Good luck with that.

And Alvin. Nice input. Can you guys take those pinecones out of your backsides now plz? Great!

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:30 pm

Alan Jones wrote::lol: hey much, like my sig?
Your miss quoting me displeases me and undermines the integrity which I once held for you - though I've been known to use this tacktick on occasion I really never thought someone like you wouldn't need to stoop to these levels for your own pleasure :x

p.s it's been 14 years since I've ridden prone (except for procreation)
p.p.s please don't make me a half cast :D
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:44 pm

I suppose that now I've come clean and uncovered my dirty past I should pass on some of the knownledge that I've aquired trangressing the gap between lying down and standing up:

1. speed
2. not getting dropped in on all the time
3. speed
4. I can ride any wave I could before
5. speed
6. I don't have to carry a shit load of crap around (flippers socks .....)
7. speed
8. I get respect - sometimes
9. speed
10. that it's a challenge
11. spped
12. it's easily to tell the difference between those who have some ability and those who don't

what I don't like about standing up:

1. bloody flags
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:57 pm

munch wrote:I suppose that now I've come clean and uncovered my dirty past I should pass on some of the knownledge that I've aquired trangressing the gap between lying down and standing up:

1. speed
2. not getting dropped in on all the time
3. speed
4. I can ride any wave I could before
5. speed
6. I don't have to carry a shit load of crap around (flippers socks .....)
7. speed
8. I get respect - sometimes
9. speed
10. that it's a challenge
11. spped
12. it's easily to tell the difference between those who have some ability and those who don't

what I don't like about standing up:

1. bloody flags
Yeah you get more speed on a stick. Given. As a lidder you sometimes get a rude undeserved drop in, but people who drop in get it back one way or another anyway, its all karma baby. On a lid you are capable to ride all the waves surfers could plus the heavy one's they cant. Simple example is a wave i found down the coast. I cant surf it on a stick, no1 who ive seen try can do it. But on a sponge its a packet of fun. The only waves that surfers utilise that spongers dont is big wave surfing, but sponges arent that interested anyway because waves that big tend to just turn into big walls and riding a wall is not that exciting lying down.

As for carrying crap, i just chuck my gear in the back of my little hatchback and im set. and guess what! my hatchback's still killer cheap to keep fuelled Surfboards are much more inconvenient. Theyre bigger, heavier, more expensive, they cop dings and snap easier than a lid, theyre do more damage to other water dwellers, they fuck you up more when you take a closeout to its watery grave.

Bodyboard trimming is not challenging. Holding rail on big, steep kegs without fins holding you onto the face is still a challenge. Having the balls to take a drainer breaking just metres in front of boulders, thats a challenge. Launching off the lip, thats not easy. It's a challenge.

And yes lids are permitted in the flag zone. Hoorah its usually trash anyway, but yes i suppose we have the option available.

Alvin
Grommet

Post by Alvin » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:35 am

Vortex, me old mate. As Wanto so rightly pointed out earlier, no one cares. It's quite funny watching you justify it to yourself...but truth is no one gives a rats arse. People do, however, seem to enjoy winding your type up and watching them spray...I, for one, have been highly entertained.

But if you wish to carry on waxing lyrical about the joys of sponging, why don't you pack up your little hatchback and check out the bodyboarding forums someone set up. Despite the highly persuasive nature of your argument, I'm not sure any surfers in here are going to be trading in their sticks just yet.

PS the jibes about being a virgin don't exacly cut to the bone once you've passed puberty :roll: Maybe a couple of digs about the impending male pattern baldness would be more appropriate

PPS the pinecones in the backsides was a little better, even if slightly odd.
vortex wrote:So 'Alvin', if that is your real name, when you can backflip above Shar Island's dry end section, surge, when its pushing 8 foot, then i might consider taking you seriously when you say sponging is 'easy'.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:54 am

Meataxe wrote:Hi my names Meataxe..... Nikki Webster is deadset ugly and I wash my hands of that whole story.
Carne chopper, at least post a pic of her for this seppo. My fantasies are runnin wild over here. 1st thing I'm gonna do when I come down is turn on chan 7. I'm thinkin Nicole Kidman/ Charlize Theron hybrid, am I close?

champ5876

Post by champ5876 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:46 am

hey fong dong, like my avatar?

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:56 am

champ5876 wrote:hey fong dong, like my avatar?
Jezzzzzzzzzz, champ5876 you have a small avatar.............. :wink: :lol:

But you get that from all the girls................ :lol:

I find that variety a little over rated and prefer Bega myself........... :lol:

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:06 am

Alvin wrote:Vortex, me old mate. As Wanto so rightly pointed out earlier, no one cares. It's quite funny watching you justify it to yourself...but truth is no one gives a rats arse. People do, however, seem to enjoy winding your type up and watching them spray...I, for one, have been highly entertained.

But if you wish to carry on waxing lyrical about the joys of sponging, why don't you pack up your little hatchback and check out the bodyboarding forums someone set up. Despite the highly persuasive nature of your argument, I'm not sure any surfers in here are going to be trading in their sticks just yet.

PS the jibes about being a virgin don't exacly cut to the bone once you've passed puberty :roll: Maybe a couple of digs about the impending male pattern baldness would be more appropriate

PPS the pinecones in the backsides was a little better, even if slightly odd.
I dont expect you to convert to boogerism man. But i hope that you give people a fair go regardless of what they ride. Because some of the trash here is just plain ignorant. Dropping in on a lid may be funny to you, but thats just another person you're giving a hard time to for not a lot of reason. It's just not funny.

Bottom line is, the world is filled with a massive variety of people who are all there for you to meet, to learn about, and to help you learn about yourself. When you start writing people off because theyre a little different to you or because they do something in a way that you personally wouldnt choose to, you're just fencing yourself off from meeting a person that may potentially challenge your beliefs and change your life. I'll leave it up to you mate.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:55 am

wanto wrote:VORTEX
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you're new here mate so i forgive you for not realising the following:
1. we've heard it all before
2. we don't care
3. we like making people make 6 paragraph responses that make little sense and solve nothing
4. we don't care

"I care," cooed Debbie, Nikki Webster's surgically enhanced twin sister from another forum down the lane, "deeply."
"I'm known as a 'lidder' by my tribe from the sun-kissed golden shores of one of the kinkier Grecian isles," she said with a mischievious wink.

Now, in what can only be described as a massive hormonal shift of tectonic proportions, Debbie turns her gaze to Meataxe, eyes blazing, one hand on her hip, the other swinging one of Mel's burley nine inchers, a purple Walden 'Magic Model'.

"Meatwhacker, you quit :?: :!: she demands. "Just like that, leave us hanging?
"We're amatures, dumbass surfers, we can't write. You write BS for a livin, mate!
"You garnered our support by claiming there were WMD's in yur thread (words of melifluous description), we believed you and charged in, keyboards blazin.
"Well, after weeks of wreaking havoc on hapless Real Surf readers, we've found none, only omper's dangling participle :shock:
"Now we're mired in an unwinnable morass of lesbos, limos, monster trucks and dildoes, and where are you? Sittin like a 'fat cat' in you fancy office, sayin it's 'our fight, now,' that's where.

"Meataxe, we need you, your country needs you, the world needs you. Do your duty, man! Put this god-forsaken story out of it's misery in a professional, dignified manner."

Another seismic hormonal shift, occurs, this one about a 7.8 on the estrogen richter, Debbie's deranged gaze suddenly softens to a naughty twinkle, she delicately works the purple plunger back and forth through a dainty circle formed by manicured thumb and forefinger, a metaphorical 'wanto's ring', if you will....

"Vortex," she says with a wicked grin, "If that really is your name, are you as exciting as your moniker implies?"

scroopulis
Local

Post by scroopulis » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:19 am

I have been waiting for for this opportunity to arise for some time. My avatar is finally of some use.

Oh god we need some waves.

Please.

scroopulis
Local

Post by scroopulis » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:32 am

I'm goin' snowboarding in Japan soon and my only concern is - yep- how can i drop in on BBrs while i'm over there?

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:26 pm

offshore1 wrote:
"I care," cooed Debbie, Nikki Webster's surgically enhanced twin sister from another forum down the lane, "deeply."
"I'm known as a 'lidder' by my tribe from the sun-kissed golden shores of one of the kinkier Grecian isles," she said with a mischievious wink.

Now, in what can only be described as a massive hormonal shift of tectonic proportions, Debbie turns her gaze to Meataxe, eyes blazing, one hand on her hip, the other swinging one of Mel's burley nine inchers, a purple Walden 'Magic Model'.

"Meatwhacker, you quit :?: :!: she demands. "Just like that, leave us hanging?
"We're amatures, dumbass surfers, we can't write. You write BS for a livin, mate!
"You garnered our support by claiming there were WMD's in yur thread (words of melifluous description), we believed you and charged in, keyboards blazin.
"Well, after weeks of wreaking havoc on hapless Real Surf readers, we've found none, only omper's dangling participle :shock:
"Now we're mired in an unwinnable morass of lesbos, limos, monster trucks and dildoes, and where are you? Sittin like a 'fat cat' in you fancy office, sayin it's 'our fight, now,' that's where.

"Meataxe, we need you, your country needs you, the world needs you. Do your duty, man! Put this god-forsaken story out of it's misery in a professional, dignified manner."

Another seismic hormonal shift, occurs, this one about a 7.8 on the estrogen richter, Debbie's deranged gaze suddenly softens to a naughty twinkle, she delicately works the purple plunger back and forth through a dainty circle formed by manicured thumb and forefinger, a metaphorical 'wanto's ring', if you will....

"Vortex," she says with a wicked grin, "If that really is your name, are you as exciting as your moniker implies?"
What the crap dude? I cant believe you bothered to write that? Its some made up story isnt it? I cant say i finished it i never read nvoels. But shit dude do you honestly have nothing better to do?
smnmntl wrote:
vortex wrote:Dropping in on a lid may be funny to you, but thats just another person you're giving a hard time to for not a lot of reason. It's just not funny.
Yes it is.
You're a poo pirate