North Sydney Shapers

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Agro
regular

North Sydney Shapers

Post by Agro » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:04 am

Guys, Im looking at possibly getting a Hayden Shape or Diverse custom, as prices for both are pretty reasonable.

Living on the south side, I dont know much about either shapers. Can anyone recommend either?

Cheers
A

sliver
Grommet

Post by sliver » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:22 am

Hi
I've got a Haydenshapes custom shortboard, and I'm very happy with it.
Hayden listens to what you want, and he also let me try some of his boards in the water.
Good luck !

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:41 pm

I got a haydenshapes board a year and a bit ago and I wasn't very happy with it. He didnt coordinate the wide point of the profile with the flat point of the rocker well enough. He also screwed up the dimensions but I still bought it anyway. It had a wierd feel to it that stopped the board from having a good flow.

Its been a while now and he got a good write up in the ASL board guide so I've got no doubt that hes improved since then.

I got my last custom with Geoff Horner, he shapes for his own label Ochre Surf. I got it for $520 through realsurf and so far its the best custom I've had. I think hes got about 25years shaping experience so he really knows how to get all of the elements of a board working together. The rocker and the profile of my board work really well together to be really loose but still very fast when you put pressure on the front foot. I'm damn happy with it, specially for the price.
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

nthnbeachesguy
Local
Location: Sydney, where??? dont take a rocket scientist to figure that out!

Post by nthnbeachesguy » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:08 am

Ben riding nuthin but Warners for the past couple of years, took 5 boards to indo, rode 3 of them myself and loved them although 2 of em were definite standouts. Mate rode another one and now he's off to order one in the near future. He has been ridings simons and lsd's but might make a convert of him after the trip.

Having said that a few of the guys i surf with luv Haydens boards.

Troy_Cisco_Kid
regular

Post by Troy_Cisco_Kid » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:06 pm

Nth -guy , i'm off there in 9 days now .. woo hoo .

I prob asked you this before, but what size boards did you ride the most while you were there ?

I've got the added issue because i'm a 9 foot progressive longboard rider usually, so i'm going take a couple boards being down in size for me

cheers
Troy

nthnbeachesguy wrote:Ben riding nuthin but Warners for the past couple of years, took 5 boards to indo, rode 3 of them myself and loved them although 2 of em were definite standouts. Mate rode another one and now he's off to order one in the near future. He has been ridings simons and lsd's but might make a convert of him after the trip.

Having said that a few of the guys i surf with luv Haydens boards.

nthnbeachesguy
Local
Location: Sydney, where??? dont take a rocket scientist to figure that out!

Post by nthnbeachesguy » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:22 pm

Troy my normal board is 6'4" square tail and i rode 2 of those and a 6'5" rounded pin, biggest day there was probably solid 6ft with a couple of bombs and i didnt need to get my 6'9" out. Having said that i dont mind riding smaller boards when its bigger over there specially when its barrelling, easier to move around and pump in the barrel with a small board IMO.