Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

huie
Local

Re: Which FCS?

Post by huie » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:49 pm

try again #*!

good subject nick
fcs11
yes suits the modern s /b short lifespan so it will in most cases outlast them'' but most moving systems in saltwater fail without attention

glass ons
yes nick its over moving right along nothing to see here

adjustment
yes big move here at this point futures have to be left out. the under glass f cs can however be handled if your true custom board builder is doing your boards he should be able to make and foil you fins and place the tabs in a position required this is an area where the custom guy can benefit the std fcs fin and widely copied tab is 1'' from back of tab to trailing edge.

ok so you have a set of your fav temp as std why then instead of racing out and buying another set of rt/ made in china go back to your man and get a set same temp different fin tab

and before anyone hangs shit''
turn the tide save true custom boards and fins

r t m epoxy fin panels hand foiled tailored to the users requirements twice the fibre content as most r/t china glorys

lots more to say on fins never enough time

cheers huie
Last edited by huie on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Re: Which FCS?

Post by Yuke Hunt » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:18 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:Base refit fins are boring.

Futures is the best system if your main issue is the idea that base strength makes the big difference. It's a fcuken good system anyway.

FCS 2 has more base support and is piss easy to use, click in and go.

I think people who still claim glass on fins are missing out, like what do you really think is happening with fins. If you don't experience a loss of fin edge at Sunset and Teahupoo - and I know I haven't - then do you really think there's some advantage to be gained at 3' snapper or whatever.

If you want to fine tune your board via fins you need a system, so you can switch fin templates, and ideally, positions. Fcs2 and Futures still let us down on this second score.

I suspect pretty much any board will go better if the frontside rail fin is a quarter of an inch further forward than the backside rail fin. Every single board I've been able to do this on has gone way better. But if you're not using Surffinz or a similar box in which you can shift fins up and down, you can't try it.
Power Base Fin Systems. They have the best fin to deck contact in the game (using the designated fins). The system also allows the fins a modicum of movement fore and aft ... somewhere around 3-5mm. They will accept FCS fins too.

Here ya go ... http://www.powerbasefins.com.au.

I've had them in my last two boards ... more than happy with the results.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.