Miller surfboards

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

unclethirsty
Grommet

Miller surfboards

Post by unclethirsty » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Was just looking at Grants site & noticed that he's now back shaping.Don't really know him only met him in South Sumatra recently but after seeing how his boards went I,& a few other guys that were there, am interested in getting him to do me a board. FYI.

Grooter
Duke Status

Re: Miller surfboards

Post by Grooter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:30 am

Still got 2 shaped by him. 8'6" longboard and a 7' V-Skate.

Rode the 7' this morning still goes beautifully
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:16 am

I checked his website yesterday and it seems he's moved from Mona Vale to Milton on the South Coast.

My next Miller board will probably be a 6'2" V-Skate with less volume than my Waterskate. I'm still not anywhere near pushing the limits of my Waterskate.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Great to hear Grant's back.
:D
I have no idea why but I was just on his website again a few days ago as I was curious if he was back shaping again yet.
Must be psyhic...or psychotic...or both. :shock:
Only a rat can win the rat race.

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Yeah, it's great news Grant's back. He's a fantastic shaper and great bloke. I'll be getting a new board as soon as finances allow, but I've lost my place in the queue!

I'd personally get a board from Grant ahead of Webber - more about the construction qualities than the shapes. Both are great shapers with Greg obviously being a visionary and Grant being a superior artisan/craftsman with some pretty good ideas of his own.

mrpotato
Grommet

Post by mrpotato » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:46 pm

After hearing Grant is back was checking out his site for another custom and read he is out of action with severe spinal injury. Hope he recovers soon.

Mr p

unclethirsty
Grommet

Post by unclethirsty » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Thought I'd play catchup with Grant, what a story. If you don't know check his site.He has had spinal disk replacement, if I understand it correctly & I prob don't, & been out of action, for couple of months & prob a few more. Good news is that he'll (he thinks) be back shaping end of Feb 2013 & then slowly get back into the water. Just like to wish a good bloke a speedy recovery & hope all is ok & he can get back to surfing.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:37 pm

Wow that guys been through a tough time. I remember reading on his website he was taking some time out after some deaths of close family or friends. Now the spinal surgery, what a soldier.

Never met him but I hope hes feeling good soon.
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.