Ode to the round-tailed quad.

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Re: Ode to the round-tailed quad.

Post by Karlos » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:19 pm

No way he's Dino. Dino's posts were generally funny & sometimes even informed.

happyripper just sounds like a belligerent 12 year old to me.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:38 pm

why can't we all just find some middle ground and agree quads are just a fad and don't go as good a thruster :idea: :?:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

disappointed
Grommet

Post by disappointed » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:36 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:why can't we all just find some middle ground and agree quads are just a fad and don't go as good a thruster :idea: :?:
That depends on who you are really, here are some comparisons

This is Tom McNamee riding a Quad and he can fail to ride a thruster just as well showing their is equality between Quads and Thrusters
thu143ct8 (Medium).jpg
thu064jm5 (Medium).jpg
As for Kelly Slater, he can ride anything well and even when riding a door in a dinner suit, Tom McNamee still looks like a fool
kelly-slater-door-surfing.jpg

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:42 pm

haha good one :)
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:48 pm

wow...never thought i'd see slater on one roys shortboards :shock:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

simplesimon

Post by simplesimon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:18 pm

ah now everyone is going to go and order a door and start riding them 'coz Kelly rode one'.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:55 pm

Just ordered one from Doors Are Us. Couldn't resist the TV ad they had years ago..."for all your door needs!".

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:32 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:wow...never thought i'd see slater on one roys shortboards :shock:
.....correct !...proves that the laws of physics are not to be taken for granted... :shock:

disappointed
Grommet

Post by disappointed » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Cpt.Caveman wrote:Just ordered one from Doors Are Us. Couldn't resist the TV ad they had years ago..."for all your door needs!".
Not trying to tell you what to do, just a suggestion, spend the extra coin and get it stained. Sure it will be a lighter if you just get it sanded but it will look sweet for longer with the factory stain.
And avoid the glass panels, they may be a new inovation but there is still a fair bit of perfecting to be done before they get the performance wired.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:08 pm

disappointed wrote:
Cpt.Caveman wrote:Just ordered one from Doors Are Us. Couldn't resist the TV ad they had years ago..."for all your door needs!".
Not trying to tell you what to do, just a suggestion, spend the extra coin and get it stained. Sure it will be a lighter if you just get it sanded but it will look sweet for longer with the factory stain.
And avoid the glass panels, they may be a new inovation but there is still a fair bit of perfecting to be done before they get the performance wired.
I'm confused now, can you tell me what Kelly is riding in that pic above and where to get one? :P

Little
regular

Post by Little » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Did you go for an old standard three hinge or the now popular four hinge model....I've heard the three hinge works fine in most situations but the four hinge fits tighter in the jamb...

disappointed
Grommet

Post by disappointed » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Cpt.Caveman wrote:
disappointed wrote:
I'm confused now, can you tell me what Kelly is riding in that pic above and where to get one? :P
If you look closely you will notice the 9 concave panels, and it's a square tail (as well as being a square nose), and the rails a pretty hard. Little is right about the quad hinge which works well with the width. Dims are 6'6" x 2'10" x 2".
You can get some cheap one's at Dripping Doors but they are pop out's from China so go for a custom from Simon Andoorson

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Actually I thought it was a short promo form Rabbit's story, "Bustin' Down the Door" :lol: :lol:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:34 pm

bloody global surf wankers are importing shit made doors now from asia :x

putting good hardworking australian door makers out work :!:

i tell ya support your own door makers who have been making quality doors for ages over these pop out door makers :wink:

i've just tried get a door like slaters from bunnings but they were all made in bloody chinna :shock:

i'm going the source and order mine direct from roy....i'm going get a mini roller door

there the fad ...i mean go :|

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:40 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:..i'm going get a mini roller door
But will you ride it rolled up, or flat?????
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:25 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:bloody global surf wankers are importing shit made doors now from asia :x

putting good hardworking australian door makers out work :!:

i tell ya support your own door makers who have been making quality doors for ages over these pop out door makers :wink:

i've just tried get a door like slaters from bunnings but they were all made in bloody chinna :shock:

i'm going the source and order mine direct from roy....i'm going get a mini roller door

there the fad ...i mean go :|
Roy doesn't make roller doors, only barn doors, hanger doors and draw bridges.

disappointed
Grommet

Post by disappointed » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:52 am

Roller doors are good for the big stuff, and doors are good all-rounders but if you want something that will perform on those small fat days try a twin hinge side gate.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:55 pm

I've put in an order for the latest trap door model.

For days when bondi serves up bottomless pits.