@@@@TRAVELLING EPOXY STYRO CARBO RAIL FLYER! AWSOME!

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

@@@@TRAVELLING EPOXY STYRO CARBO RAIL FLYER! AWSOME!

Post by dUg » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:40 pm

I have decided to contribute my own creation, in the spirit of generosity and creativity, for its very own around Australia Oddysey.

I left fins out because I know people will want to experiment with these to get the maximum performance out of the board for their style of surfing. I do have a spare legrope but the velcro on the ankle strap has picked up quite a bit of fluff from the carpet and the cord has several small knicks and kinks in it, but apart from that it's in good condition and should be fine for surf up to about 10'.

I am prepared to take it to the end of Trafalgar St., Port Noarlunga South, 5167 ( weeknights only, not before 6:30pm or after 7:45pm because I have commitments ) but after that you're pretty much on your own.

Note this has nothing to do with my wife telling me that if I don't clean that sh1t out of that fuggern shed she'll set fire to the lot or that hard rubbish is not due for another 2 months or that I tried to put it in the dumpster behind Woollies but one of the trainee managers caught me and said he'd call the cops if I didn't remove it.

Modern, pro-inspired outline

Awsome nose rocker

completely bullsh1t double concaves

"NEV-R-PULL" X-TREME FCS plugs

A few minor ding repairs, carried out by trained professionals. Shaper's signature and dimensions.

"CARBO-TUFF" Indestructable carbon taped rails

Old Skool Diamond Tip node guard ( that sucker was pretty sharp as I recall )

Top quality tailpad, and re-enforced leash plug

puurri
Owl status

Re: @@@@TRAVELLING EPOXY STYRO CARBO RAIL FLYER! AWSOME!

Post by puurri » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:53 pm

Aya,

U loike the banana lounguey theme eh bro? 8)

speedneedle
charger

Post by speedneedle » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:59 pm

dUg,

You have blown my mind! That board is Freakin' Awesome man!!!

Carbo-Tuff...the future is here!

Woooooooooooo

Josh
www.joshdowlingshape.com

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:09 pm

I want it first when it gets to Sydney dug.

What a corker.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

dUg
barnacle

Post by dUg » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:49 pm

Awsome guys!

Yeah I knew once people on RS Forum saw pictures of this board they'd realise it was unlike anything they'd seen or ridden before.

Josh, yep... Carbo-Tuff is cutting edge technology that I have kept secret for over 10 years now. I was lucky and nailed the formula right away, unlike many other so called "professionals" that have tried and failed. I am sure you can't wait to get your hands on the board, and unlock the mystery of its incredible performance. I'll give you a clue... the secret is in the glue. That's all I'll say for now, but maybe we can work out some sort of licensing deal in future, that will alow you to use Carbo-Tuff technology on your compsand boards. I think we could start at something like $55 per board initially and see how that goes. Obviously when it takes off we will have to re-evaluate that.

Oldman, I hope you can get the board first but Puurri has already PM'd me 5 times tonight. Having read all his messages though, I am still as yet unable to determine if he's a) ultra keen to get the board first, b) insulting me, or c) inviting me to a real estate seminar focusing on strata investment opportunities in Randwick.

I hope it's a), because I have a friend named Greeny who lives in Coogee, but is originally from Adelaide and also has a website named AussieGolfer, http://aussiegolfer.blogspot.com. If it happened in Aussie Golf, read about it at Aussie Golfer. Greeny is coming back to Adelaide soon for a holiday so maybe he could get the board to Puurri somehow. I also hope maybe it's c) because I have heard some experts say that Randwick and Double Bay should see 18% growth over the next 12 - 18 months, and I'd really hate to miss the boat. I think Double Bay would be too pricey though. What do you think?

Butts

Post by Butts » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:50 am

dUg :shock:

GREAT photography :o Love the "subtle" use of shadows in the first image :wink: Awesome :lol: :lol:
You absolutely NAILED the clean lines, curves and potential performance of this board :twisted:
Nice use of DOF, some great backdrops as well.
Congrats. 8)

I bags seconds after olds, totally freaked out that I haven't seen anything like it before :shock: :? :twisted: :twisted: I'm really surprised that the shaper is a "virtual" unknown. :idea: :!:
All these drawings about dinosaurs… Why can’t we have photos?

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:26 am

Now dUg, I remember some years ago one of those nasty surf companies, either Billa or Quik, said ‘The Search’ is over. Indeed it is!

You might want to negotiate with HS on the patent pending carbo-rail technology, although it appears you have set a precedent.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:19 am

"the secret is in the glue"

I woulda said the secret is in those spectacular logos! Been numerous moons since Quik and Rip Curl appeared on the same surfboard. dug you are clearly a Super-Pro

speedneedle
charger

Post by speedneedle » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:43 am

I dunno dUg, I reckon that royalty is a bit steep...

I think I'll just rip you off, use hessian sacks in the rails and call it "Garbo-tuff" ,so stuff ya!

Josh
www.joshdowlingshape.com

elbows
Grommet

Post by elbows » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:49 am

that secret glue any good for sniffin??

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:09 pm

dUg wrote:Oldman, I hope you can get the board first but Puurri has already PM'd me 5 times tonight. Having read all his messages though, I am still as yet unable to determine if he's a) ultra keen to get the board first, b) insulting me, or c) inviting me to a real estate seminar focusing on strata investment opportunities in Randwick.
:lol: :lol:

Let us know if you work it out. May require a call to someone adept at reading heiroglyphics!
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:47 pm

dUg wrote:I have decided to contribute my own creation,
from what I can see in those pics you might also think about contributing to creating a lawn ... :idea: most disapointing ... :|

apart from the patchy lawn , that perfectly good retaining wall should not be decorated with weeds ... and has no-one ever told you that over-grown lawn is not the ideal screening plant in a garden bed :!: :x ...

send me a new pic of your "corrected" back yard in two months and I'll consider giving that master piece of yours a run ... :idea:

dUg
barnacle

Post by dUg » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Thanks Butts, I knew my use of such advanced photographic technique wouldn't escape your keen eye. I was going for that creator / creation perpective with the first shot, casting myself as a somewhat shadowey figure. I hope to enter the shot in a few photo competitions because I think it stands a fairly good chance. I'll add you to the board's travel plan.

ric... that's excellent advice, and I knew you could see the awsome potential Carbo-Tuff offers. BTW Josh didn't seem too keen on the $55 a board license fee, so it might be a golden opportunity for your good self. Just putting it out there.

NC... ixnay on the randingbay... most people don't know that they have all been the same megolithic company for years. Funny... no-one ever cottoned on to "Since 1973", did they? I knew that pros would be lining up to ride this board, so I hedged my bets by glassing in both Quik and 'Curl logos. I think that turned out to be a pretty savyy move on my part. I am looking forward to your feedback and also your brother's once you have both ridden it.

Iggy... man... you need to reset your paradigm! You need to rethink everything you know about what makes a good board, because that's out the window with this weapon of wave destruction. And what do you mean about the 80's? This board was shaped 5 years ago.

Josh now now... don't bee too hasty... RV has already expressed interest and I am sure I will hear from More surfboards very, very soon. But you know, there's room for everyone, I mean I won't be showing any favouritism. Everyone gets the same $55 per board licensing deal. Nonetheless, I am now rather interested in your Garbo-Tuff rails. Do you think they might be compatable with a Needle Nose planshape? This would be crucial to their success, obviously.

Elbows... I can't recall. Honestly. I can't... :?

Oldman... you may be right. Puurri still has first dibs though until, at least until I have spoken to the head of linguistics at Adelaide Uni and he advises otherwise.

dUg
barnacle

Post by dUg » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:10 pm

Surfin Turf wrote:
dUg wrote:I have decided to contribute my own creation,
from what I can see in those pics you might also think about contributing to creating a lawn ... :idea: most disapointing ... :|

apart from the patchy lawn , that perfectly good retaining wall should not be decorated with weeds ... and has no-one ever told you that over-grown lawn is not the ideal screening plant in a garden bed :!: :x ...

send me a new pic of your "corrected" back yard in two months and I'll consider giving that master piece of yours a run ... :idea:
ST I could feel your scorn as I took that very shot, and I must apologise in advance if it caused offence. I promise to have it sorted by Christmas because mum and dad will be down from the country and dad will ask me about the whipper snipper again and that will be awkward.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:32 pm

^^^^

fair enough then , ... and yes :arrow: that can be very awkward .... :shock:

gotta say though ... nice job on the doors and back steps :D ... :arrow:
you're in reno mode ... :idea:

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:34 pm

I'm out. The missus reckons it'd clash with the Pucci wallpaper and the Marc Newsom lounge.

dUg
barnacle

Post by dUg » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:15 pm

Surfin Turf wrote:^^^^

fair enough then , ... and yes :arrow: that can be very awkward .... :shock:

gotta say though ... nice job on the doors and back steps :D ... :arrow:
you're in reno mode ... :idea:
Thanks ST, I will pass on your compliments to the professionals I paid to carry out the work :D
puurri wrote:I'm out. The missus reckons it'd clash with the Pucci wallpaper and the Marc Newsom lounge.
Puurri... I can't lie and say I'm not just a little disappointed. It's possibly for the best though. I spoke to my freind on Friday, and he's just moved from Coogee to Randwick.

As I said before, I am still happy to transport the board as far as the end of the street, or possibly to the 1st carpark at South Port if someone is willing to chip in a couple of dollars for the petrol money.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:23 pm

dUg wrote:
Surfin Turf wrote:you're in reno mode ... :idea:
Thanks ST, I will pass on your compliments to the professionals I paid to carry out the work :D
this is no laughing matter young man ... busily renovating, building a deck or cabana, and paving are all perfectly valid reasons to let your lawn and garden "go" a little ... but hearing that you are paying others to do this work and it's still in 'that' condition is most disappointing ... you're back on the naughty list ... :twisted: