First quad feedback

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Re: First quad feedback

Post by Donweather » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Mark, just wanted to let ya know that the board is going unreal. Absolutely loving it, particularly on my backhand with some really nice backhand cutties and drive coming off the bottom turns.

Just super stoked and super happy with the board mate. Keep up the good work.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Rode the QF is some powerful beachies this morning and feck me, the more I surf this girl the more I'm impressed. Wave catching ability is amazing and the drive and speed, particularly coming out of turns on some very nice period swell is just unbelievable. :D :D :D :D

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:51 am

Just ordered a Q/F this week. Hope to have it soon after Easter. Bring on the Autumn swells! :D :D :D
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:36 am

Glad to hear the board is doin what we hoped Don...think I might have asked you already but any good shots of you and it in action OS ??? How did the quad feel over there in the reef waves and in the tube ??? did you adjust ya fins at all over there ? any other guys have a ride of it ???

Lessormore has ordered very similar to the green project QF but a few very minor adjustments for him, might post a pic or 2 as she comes to life if interested...and it'll be ready for ya mate, no wuckers..... 8)

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:14 am

I'm pretty keen to hear how it went in reef waves too. I reckon it'd be like a knife through butter!
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:11 pm

Unfortunately no pics of me surfing it OS on the reefs as we only got one day of good weather to shoot and none of my cnut mates wanted to shoot!!!

I offered the QF girl to my mates to try out and they didn't want to take up my offer (their loss really!!!).

It went really good on the reef waves over there, but as I also said, the waves that we surfed over there weren't perfect reef waves (by Indo standards). Rather sectiony. Fast down the line on the take off, then fattens up and then bowls up on the inside shallow reef section. These were all lefts and hence I can't generate a lot of speed on the take offs on my backhand, hence I didn't really surf up the reef.....mainly stayed down and took off in the bowly section (had this all to myself as the guys couldn't (mostly) make it through the fat section into the bowly section). The board went like a dream in the bowly section for sure.

The odd day we surfed the rights, I got the odd few down the line screamers and in a straight line, the boards speed and ability to race along with the speed of the breaking wave was sensational.

I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to riding my thruster again now!!!

In actual fact I'm thinking of perhaps ordering a shorter QF....probably around the 6'0" mark for the smaller fun days and leave my current QF for larger/longer period (faster moving) waves. My fitness has improved out of sight since my OS surfari and hence I reckon I can sacrice some of the wave paddling ease for a shorter length board.

Of course I have to convince Mrs Donweather of the reasons for me wanting a shorter QF.....and this may take a little more time Mark. :D

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:07 pm

I ordered a 6'4 Quadfather yesterday!
I'm 5'10 and around 80kgs, i've gone with a Round tailed 6'4 x 19 5/8 x 2 5/8 McKee M5 setup after a good chat and a few emails with Mark. Hopefully young CP will be able to put some of his artwork on there.
I'm living down in Cronulla, and this is the first time I've dealt with a shaper that I haven't met with face to face. I'm pretty pumped about it all. I don't think i would've taken the plunge had it not been for the great feedback all of you guys have taken the time to put on here about his boards and about quads in general.
Sounds like there could be some photos of the outline as early as this arvo. I'll keep you posted.
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:31 pm

Nice one Jet :) It is a very fun shape, my go-to board for quality waves.

Is this Quadfather part of the condensing of your quiver?
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:36 pm

pretty much.

I sold my 6'0 Mini fish the other day. Still got my Tuflite 6'2 M10 Hogfish for sale. Once that's gone i'll be where i want to stay for a while.

I had a look at my quiver and it dawned on me that i didn't really have anything that resembled a normal shortboard shape. All my boards (as pointed out by Dinosaur) are all pretty fishy. This will be the first board i've owned that's under 20" in width, except for a brief (and premature) stint on a 6'5 Stretch Quad. I'm really looking forward to trying something new and more performance orientated.

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:05 am

Here's a couple of pics of my new board.
Attachments
wrapped and ready 4 glassing ...jetqfa.jpg
Jets QFa.jpg

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:39 am

Noice. I'm in love with my brand new fatbat and the whole process was really easy - JET01 you don't need to worry about dealing with mark.

Now there will be MORE MORE surfboards south of the city!

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:29 pm

It wasn't dealing with Mark that I was worried about. It's just rear for me to buy anything off the net that i can't see and touch first. That's what i meant in that respect.
Anyway, there finally some surf on the point... I'm on it.
Last edited by JET01 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:36 pm

Saw someone on a More at Styne this morning scoring some tasty little waves.

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Is it just me or does the clock tick backwards sometimes when you're waiting for a new board?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:52 pm

thats just the end of daylight savings..... :roll:

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:25 pm

:lol:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:11 am

couple of recent QFs'..Red and green Rabbitos' inspired one is a 6'5", same as travelling qf, just a slight adjustment of the fin placement....
other one is a 6'3" x 19 5/8" x 2 5/8", both Sydney bound.....

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:52 am

Only problem with that red and green one Mark,it still needs some time to cure before I can ride it! :( :( :( :( :(
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k