i dont like it

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

eMpowered
Local

Re: i dont like it

Post by eMpowered » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:04 am

Your in a place that likes to "Perfect" finishes. Though, When I went on a trip and got to talk 1 o 1 with Belinda Bagg's, She told me there was'nt anyone doing a good Fish in Noosa :shock

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:36 am

diggerdickson wrote:it would be interesting to know how many people buy boards off the rack.
never in my life ... my first 5 boards (age 10 - 14) were 2nd hand off people I knew, then custom for the next 28 years ...

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:46 pm

it's not the board

simon makes great boards

it's me and having get used too it

and if i want invest the time into it

please don't think i'm putting shit on the shape ,

it goes, i'm just not sure if it goes how i want :idea:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:58 pm

g-string, a purse :wink: and a recently repaired LSD quad, one owner, custom paint job - Futures, now back to 4 functioning.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:11 pm

ric_vidal wrote:g-string, a purse :wink: and a recently repaired LSD quad, one owner, custom paint job - Futures, now back to 4 functioning.
Are you that "almost local" :"In the Goldmine" fella?

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:10 pm

iggy wrote:so, you got a 6'4 roundtail simon anderson molusc and you hate it...??
:
I DON'T HATE IT :roll:

obviously, i rate the design thats why i got one :idea:

it's just not working out that well for me :cry:

i
been told stick some glass fcs fins in it

would tc redlines make a diff do u reckon :?:

p.s
dinosaur wrote:I'll swap you a 3yr old good nick 6'1" LSD 80's style made for sunshine coast points twin fin for it.

had some great boards off luke....tell me more...hmmm :idea:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:41 pm

dinosaur wrote:
ric_vidal wrote:g-string, a purse :wink: and a recently repaired LSD quad, one owner, custom paint job - Futures, now back to 4 functioning.

a phone call would do
u cnut

i was semi keen...hate twinnys but rate lsd
and...why not....i love swallows and a twin best suits that design :idea:

doesn't it

i hate u dino :oops: :cry:

u can rip me heart out....but don't mess me around when it comes to surfboards ok

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:42 am

dinosaur wrote:

a phone call would do
now that would have cost me :twisted: and I was told you were actually away as I hurriedly tried to finish for the weekend... last weekend and it was ready... OK D, it's still ready and beautiful, 'cept there may be some collateral damage to the art.

Sorry Fang :P

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Interesting.
I had a similar issue with a Simon 6'3 XFC initially, head plants and spin outs all over the place, after mainly riding an MR twin. Pretty much stuck it in the garage after four surfs and thought I'd give it to one of my sons when they're bigger.
Recently been riding the Simon again as the twinny is out of the water pending me getting around to fixing a crack next to the glassed in fin (tips anyone?).
Anyway every time I ride the Simon now I love it more. Its fast, responsive, feels great and I don'
t fall off it any more.

So my advice?

stick with it fong.
Erase.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:51 pm

lateralus wrote:Recently been riding the Simon again as the twinny is out of the water pending me getting around to fixing a crack next to the glassed in fin (tips anyone?).
Knock it over and start again... now about the repair. :P

Seriously, if it's a bad crack, and let's face it it will be in the fullness of time, the fin has to come off, area ground down, reinforced with glass if necessary and the fin glassed on again. If you haven't done this before, good luck, you fcuking need it!

If it isn't too bad a crack you might be able to grind it out a bit and fill with rovings and glass.

And people wonder why systems were invented. :roll:

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:51 pm

ric_vidal wrote:
lateralus wrote:Recently been riding the Simon again as the twinny is out of the water pending me getting around to fixing a crack next to the glassed in fin (tips anyone?).
Knock it over and start again... now about the repair. :P

Seriously, if it's a bad crack, and let's face it it will be in the fullness of time, the fin has to come off, area ground down, reinforced with glass if necessary and the fin glassed on again. If you haven't done this before, good luck, you fcuking need it!

If it isn't too bad a crack you might be able to grind it out a bit and fill with rovings and glass.

And people wonder why systems were invented. :roll:
Many thanks Ric

One more question: what are these 'rovings' of which you speak? Is that like Q cell?
Erase.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:04 pm

Bought a new board a couple of months ago and the guy said if you dont like it after 1 month bring it back and you can swap it for something else........................plus 100 bucks or so because your board will now be second hand (twirling his moustache and laughing). Worth a shot?
Last edited by Davros on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:34 pm

this is fang's thread :roll:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:35 am

lateralus wrote:One more question: what are these 'rovings' of which you speak? Is that like Q cell?
Rovings = Glass rope. If you don’t have any you can just pull threads from glass cloth. That’s what the fillet around the base of your fins is - resin and rovings kept in place with glass cloth over the top which extends from on the bottom of your board up onto the fin itself.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:42 am

dinosaur wrote:yeah well in your haste to finish it i hope you didn't rush the job.
Ya can’t rush resin and foam, but we do use UV for the main stuff, faster, quicker, better. Biggest problems was getting the fcuker out, and I will have you know I cut my finger with a Stanley® knife try to scuff the box for the new fitting. :x

Nah D, she looks a treat, even fixed the cracked rail next to it.
dinosaur wrote:fang ?
As Daryl noted... Fong