apology not accepted ...

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

diggerdickson
barnacle

Re: apology not accepted ...

Post by diggerdickson » Sun May 31, 2009 12:33 am

Hatchman wrote:
Lip_Ripper wrote:The Fwit 1 child, blows up like he's mike tyson and starts with the " dont ever say anything to me again, i'll smash you ect" the older guy remains calm and tells the kid to darn off. The kid, he paddles over all pumped up as if he's going to throw a punch!!??... now for whatever reason the older guy backs down and the child is a hero in front of all his mates.
Now i would suggest as a public service someone needs to punch the living sh't out of this child in front of all of his mates because i'm telling you by the time he's 20 he'll be unbearable. Why a grown man would back down from this child is beyond me...
Well it may be because he has mates and said grown man is on his own. Unless you're a kick-boxing champion you not going to win that fight.

You gotta be careful nowadays, if you belt someone in an area as public as a crowded line-up you're more than likely to end up in court in this day and age of mobile phones with cameras and video as someone is bound to be watching. A grown man would more thank likely knock a 17 year old into a coma as well, no matter how much of a tool the kid is you'll probably get a spell in the big house for doing something like that. Seen it with members of my extended family after one punch-up too many and it was a 90 day holiday in a prison farm in country Victoria for that.

Worse would be you win that round and said little punk comes back with much bigger mates (I've seen this happen though not in the surf) and then you're fcuked.

Pick your fights carefully, get out of the surf before them, watch the car they use ,observe their patterns when they go surfing and plan accordingly to slash tyres, surf wax wind-screens etc.. Make sure you do it quickly and get out of there so no-one sees you.

Revenge is a dish best served cold my friend.
remind me to never mess with hatchman :lol: :lol: :lol:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sun May 31, 2009 7:40 am

TrevG wrote:Yes. Especialy the electronic transponder - DORK! :lol: :wink:
I could see his reaction now ... "Ohh no, I now have to endure the mild inconvenience of not being able to open my car from a few metres away, darn the man who did this".
FFS ... :!: :shock: :x

Trev ... I will attempt to clear this up for the dummies ... now listen carefully ... :idea: :arrow:

in 99% of cars in recent years the key has a small electronic chip in it that sends a single when placed in the ignition which allows the car to be started ...
if it gets wet it's f'ked and the car wont start ... this is why there have been dozen's of threads about the car key issue because most people with a car younger than about 8 years have this type of key and have trouble getting "surf keys" cut that (that's a spare that will open the doors, but will not start the car because it doesn't have the chip) because they are not standard key shapes ... :idea: :|

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sun May 31, 2009 8:28 am

here's an interesting one .... :arrow:

last spring I'm surfing a spot I frequent near a cliff face that is mostly rights with the occasional left ... it's the sort of spot where the waves don't hit the same spot all the time so you sit there and paddle into position as each wave comes through ... so me and little bro have it to ourselves for about an hour and this guy about my age paddles out , and he can surf ('cuase I'd seen him before around the traps) so you would not expect any issues ... he paddles straight inside by only a few feet and takes the next wave ... paddles inside again , takes the next wave and calls me off ... paddles inside again and takes the next wave to which I am paddling only a few feet from him and drop in ... but then after a bit he tries getting right up close to me while I'm trying to do cut backs ... on the paddle back out I'm telling him to back off if he's gonna surf behind me and he was getting too close ... he gave me the whole "you dropped in and he was on the inside" ... so I explained that given he had paddled out straight up the inside and was taking 3 waves in a row that I was expecting him to be going left rather than being a greedy pr!ck ... he insisted that he was on the inside so it was his wave so I told him to p!ss off somewhere else or every time it's my turn I'll just drop in on him ... then I get a wave and he starts talking to little bro about how he was on the inside and I was wrong to drop in ... my little bro is 6'3" , size xxxl chest and built like a brick sh!thouse so looks fairly intimidating if he wanted to, but is a very tolerant and calm person, simply said ... "there's nothing to talk about ... he is right and you are wrong ... wait your turn or surf somewhere else" ... he then paddled off ranting and raving about his mates and how we're now f'ked if we show up there again (we go there all the time ...) and how he was a big local ...

yesterday afternoon on the way to the beach I stopped to let a guy reverse out of his driveway and noticed a board in the back of the car so had a closer look at him and it was that same guy ... so now I know where he lives :idea: ... I'm about the last person who would do anything with that information and I am certainly not bothered by that previous incident which was all a bit 'everyday' anyway in my opinion ... but you need to be a bit careful because you may come across someone again out of the surf ... or they may come across you , and let's face it , not everyone operates on the same level of mental stability ... :idea:

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Sun May 31, 2009 11:01 am

Surfin Turf wrote:in 99% of cars in recent years the key has a small electronic chip in it that sends a single when placed in the ignition which allows the car to be started ...
if it gets wet it's f'ked and the car wont start
I have an engine immobiliser However the actuall little rfid chip IS waterproof. It is the keyless entry which is not waterproof :!:

For example: When I bought my car it came with two keys both of which are keyless entry capable. However one key was broken but still had the Rfid chip which worked to start the car. So I took the battery and electronics out of the key but left the chip in. As such I am able to take the key with the broken keyless entry in the surf, and still start the car with the same key. You will find most "chips" (responsible for sending the electromagnetic signal to the rfid loop around ignition which is then cross checked with the signal stored in the cars ECU which when passed starts the fuel injection needed for ingition) are encased in hard plastic making it entirely waterproof. Open your key up and have a look. It will be about 1.5mm thick, 8mm long and about 3-4 mm wide.

Having said all that I could be completely wrong.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Sun May 31, 2009 11:11 am

dinosaur wrote:One night many years ago walking through a beachside suburb I pissed through the partly open drivers side window of a european sports car. Not because the owner had crossed me in the surf. Just because i was a terribly behaved anti social nasty northern beaches little ****.

You know what? It still bothers me
Now they’re doing it to your car, right?

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Sun May 31, 2009 11:15 am

TMC wrote:Having said all that I could be completely wrong.
that’s going to help

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:52 pm

TMC wrote:
Surfin Turf wrote:in 99% of cars in recent years the key has a small electronic chip in it that sends a single when placed in the ignition which allows the car to be started ...
if it gets wet it's f'ked and the car wont start
I have an engine immobiliser However the actuall little rfid chip IS waterproof. It is the keyless entry which is not waterproof :!:

For example: When I bought my car it came with two keys both of which are keyless entry capable. However one key was broken but still had the Rfid chip which worked to start the car. So I took the battery and electronics out of the key but left the chip in. As such I am able to take the key with the broken keyless entry in the surf, and still start the car with the same key. You will find most "chips" (responsible for sending the electromagnetic signal to the rfid loop around ignition which is then cross checked with the signal stored in the cars ECU which when passed starts the fuel injection needed for ingition) are encased in hard plastic making it entirely waterproof. Open your key up and have a look. It will be about 1.5mm thick, 8mm long and about 3-4 mm wide.

Having said all that I could be completely wrong.
TMC. You could be wrong - or right.
I've been assured by a locksmith that the transponder won't start the car if it gets wet but that could be a marketing ploy. Like the printed circuits in a phone or computer, you can sometimes dry them out and get them working again.
What I do know is that I went on a kayak tour of Sydney harbour one time and the guide went to some pains to explain to us not to take our electronic key with us because he had had many instances of people coming in and not being able to start their cars after getting the key wet.
I do know one thing for sure.
I ain't gonna test it out. :lol:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:07 pm

Mehh, all i know is that I have got the whole key wet when it still had all the electronics in it and it worked 5 minutes later. Done a similar thing when I was out at night and I broke the key when trying to get into the car. The chip fell in a puddle, I put the key back together and it worked right away.

Maybe I just have a freak key, but i might perform an experiment at the BBQ.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:08 pm

My key is connected to an electronic part. I cant pull it apart. I cant get it cut by local key cutter and tried a lock smith with no luck either.

Itll cost me $200 straight from honda. No thanks.

So i use another technique that i dont really with to make public :?

moreorless
regular

Post by moreorless » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:14 pm

Surfin Turf wrote:... he can surf ('cuase I'd seen him before around the traps) so you would not expect any issues ... he paddles straight inside by only a few feet and takes the next wave ... paddles inside again , takes the next wave and calls me off ... paddles inside again and takes the next wave to which I am paddling only a few feet from him and drop in ... but then after a bit he tries getting right up close to me while I'm trying to do cut backs ... on the paddle back out I'm telling him to back off if he's gonna surf behind me and he was getting too close ... he gave me the whole "you dropped in and he was on the inside" ...
Sounds like you might have had a run in with "Energizer Man", aka "Mr Automatic".

This guy is a known pest who haunts the middle stretch of the Northern beaches. He is well known for paddling onto the inside, getting a wave, paddling back onto the inside, taking the next wave, paddling back onto the inside, etc., etc., etc..

To make it worse, the guy is a paddling demon. He seems to be everywhere at once and somehow manages to get back onto the inside without you even noticing.

Because of his habits he invariably seems to get into an argument with someone who takes exception to his relentless hassling and snaking. His response is always along the lines of what you have described - "you dropped in and he was on the inside" ...

The guy is also not above dropping in himself. If challenged he'll argue back.

To put it simply, this guy is a rolled-gold cnut. Don't know why. Could be an advanced case of small-persons disease.

I try to avoid the little prick like the plague. He's such an argumentative tit that sooner or later he's going to get smashed (if he hasn't been already), and I don't want to be around when it happens.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:20 pm

Surfin Turf wrote: you need to be a bit careful because you may come across someone again out of the surf ...

sounds familiar, like an o l d Chinese proverb, or a fact of life, which is, it will come back to haunt you.

Sveta
Grommet

Post by Sveta » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:04 am

Or Karma !

I had one fuck knuckle on a beautiful sunny mid morning autumn day and it was school holidays (ie crowdwed as )and this one guy kept snaking everyone. Every time you go to take off "OOOiiii", he was there. no one said anything, but everyone was getting shitty. I accidentally dropped in (no really ) and pulled off to let him go for the 50th time and when he paddled got out there were flames shooting out his eyes. and when he got close enough I apologized (thats the kinda guy I am) But as the thread suggests " Apology not accepted". Oh well, screw you then. and went on with my day. It was too nice of a day to have it ruined.

5 minutes later all the little groms were snickering and laughing and I looked into the beach to see numbnuts holding 2 pieces of surfboard. Bahahaha. It wasn't even that big of a day.

KARMA in full flight. Beautiful.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:52 pm

kufen lid riders :x
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Legend Fong. Great revival.. It's shame that S&T left our shores... He was good value..
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole