Duke Status

Re: Selling Simon Anderson thruster 7'6 x 20 x 2.75

Post by Lucky Al » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:15 pm

i think that might be the biggest shortboard i've ever seen

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:53 pm

I heard 7'6 shortboards are the new SUPs.

Give it a month and they'll be running off the shelves like hotcakes.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:49 am

damm thing looks like a ton of fun for overgrown, slopey pointbreaks with current and windchop on it.
I'd love to take it off your hands mate, but I'm over quivered as is.
Anyway, sorry for the pointless and aggravating tyre kick.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:58 am

You almost had me going down the Lennox pub to see if I could pick up glasses for a few extra bucks till you mentioned home renos.
No money of mine is going on that curse of the modern era.
Comments about the stick still stand.
There's dozens of days around here where that would be the most fun board in the line-up.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:55 pm

iggy wrote:sold
who on earth bought it??
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Re: SOLD!!! Simon Anderson thruster 7'6 x 20 x 2.75

Post by oldman » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:51 pm

I got a nice board to get rid of and would like to avoid grovelling over the realsurf forums and putting it on ebay and seeing if there are any takers.

Salty, I may enlist your negotiation services, especially as you are looking to fill in your time at the moment.

BTW, it's a 6'6'' afterburner by a fellow called Webber, about 2-3 years old but not surfed a lot and in brand new nick, no dings, tail pad etc.

Anyone interested knows where they can find me. Maybe I'll even put a pic up!
Last edited by oldman on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Hano
Local

Post by Hano » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:26 pm

oldman wrote:I got a nice board to get rid of and would like to avoid grovelling over the realsurf forums and putting it on ebay and seeing if there are any takers.

Salty, I may enlist your negotiation services, especially as you are looking to fill in your time at the moment.

BTW, it's a 6'6'' afterburner by a fellow called Webber, about 18 months old but not surfed a lot and in brand new nick, no dings, tail pad etc.

Anyone interested knows where they can find me. Maybe I'll even put a pic up!

put up a pic oldfart. and why r u selling it ? is it a slug? do u need coin for another SUP?

ps what r the dimensions?

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:25 pm

Hano wrote:put up a pic oldfart. and why r u selling it ? is it a slug? do u need coin for another SUP?

ps what r the dimensions?
Alrighty Hano, I'll try to get onto it tonight. I'll get the dims for you, it's 6'6 by 19 7/16ths by 2 1/2. Confirmed dims

I bought it because the board I really love required repairs, which I hadn't got around to and didn't look like getting around to, but eventually did. Now that I have my first love back in the water, I really don't need it.

It's probably a little on the heavy side for a little fella like myself (70kgs) so I suspect would suit better around the 80 to 85 kgs.
salty wrote:BTW, I always thought the afterburners were good for old farts you sure you don't need it?
Ouch. First a SUP quip from Hano, and now this. It's St Patrick's day, not pick on the old fart day! :wink: :lol: If I can get my pics working I'll show you the love of my life that this board replaced for a short while. Very similar dims.

And yes, I am looking at another to add to my collection, just quietly.

and here is a Mr Green for your troubles. :mrgreen:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:12 pm

Geez I'm having some trouble with this.
021.jpg
I'll have to clean it up. Those edges are straight by the way, that's just me and the camera that seems to make the rails look funky.
Afterburner 2.jpg
And a bit of dirt on the nose.

I'm not a very good salesman am I. Can't be arsed cleaning it up tonight but will do soon.
Last edited by oldman on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:15 pm

And a few more. $300 buys you a fine board in mint condition!
Afterburner bottom.jpg
Afterburner dims.jpg
If you can read this!

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:29 pm

And finally, the board that I finally got repaired, the love of my life.

Very similar shape and dimensions but it is an epoxy bamboo board and consequently a bit lighter, and better suited to my fragile frame.
My bamboo baby.jpg
Yep, I may as well strip that wax back and clean it up while I'm doing the Webber. i used to be good at looking after my boards, but I'm slacker these days.

Can't wait for comments from ST and Ric regarding the lawn underneath, but I think I successfully cropped most of the grass out.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:28 pm

Bloody nice board that afterburner, and a bargain at $300, no doubt about it.

Everyone got enough of these. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:23 pm

Alright, I can't keep this thread going just on my own.

saw a 4 sale sign on one of the uni notice boards. Had a 6'6'' in a shitty olive green with a gay spray on the deck, which had depressions all over it,

and they wer asking $350.

I hadn't thought of exploiting the student population, that's a damn good idea. :idea:

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:06 pm

Oldman I'll help you out. Because I'm just a poor student I cannot purchase your boards, however if I did have some dosh I would at least take a second look at the webber.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:39 am

TMC wrote:Oldman I'll help you out. Because I'm just a poor student I cannot purchase your boards, however if I did have some dosh I would at least take a second look at the webber.
Thank you Tom, you shall be richly rewarded in heaven.

Take a Mr Green for your troubles. He can be very soothing, I hear. :mrgreen:

Go on, have another. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:31 pm

oldman wrote:Can't wait for comments from ST and Ric regarding the lawn underneath, but I think I successfully cropped most of the grass out.
ha hottie, that’s not grass :mrgreen: mine is up round me crack!

Surprised you are relinquishing the bamboozle.

So this is where old boards go to die? Might just add a couple of jalopies of me own. :idea: :mrgreen: :twisted:

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:01 pm

ric_vidal wrote:
oldman wrote:Can't wait for comments from ST and Ric regarding the lawn underneath, but I think I successfully cropped most of the grass out.
ha hottie, that’s not grass :mrgreen: mine is up round me crack!

Surprised you are relinquishing the bamboozle.

So this is where old boards go to die? Might just add a couple of jalopies of me own. :idea: :mrgreen: :twisted:
You could always try getting the mower out on it ric.

The bamboozle is NOT for sale Ric, that's the board I'm keeping that makes the otherwise very nice afterburner somewhat redundant. Just put it up in answer to hano asking me why I was selling. The bamboozle is the schemizzle, 5 or 6 years old and still one of the best boards I've ever owned. I just had trouble getting it repaired, because a lot of ding guys don't want to touch epoxy any more. Anyways, found a local who can look after me.

If you mow your lawn you might get a mr green.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:22 pm

oldman wrote:You could always try getting the mower out on it ric.
It’s broke and so am I. :mrgreen: