A.I - Freesurfer?

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

dunnc
regular

A.I - Freesurfer?

Post by dunnc » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:18 am

I just finished reading an interview with A.I discussing his laklustre year and his no show at the last few events.

I was left with an impression that he may go the freesurfing route as he seems to be over competing mentally.

What are your tips, will he regather and try and fire up for a 4th world title or will he give it away and freesurf with his bro and Shane?

Would this be bad for the tour? Personally I think it will fire up Taj and Bede to go berko next year...

What do you reckon? Do you care?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:36 am

Andy is a bit unpredictable on this score, but he is a lot more self aware these days, he needs a bit of time out of what probably feels like a very stale scene. He put 20 years' worth of energy into the last five. Doubt very much that he's finished altogether. He might've mislaid his competitive drive but it ain't gone for good.

dunnc
regular

Post by dunnc » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:45 am

He's got a bad rap since Blue Horizon, but I figure he's one of the few that speaks his mind about his competitive drive etc. I'd like to see him return in form, although it is a good time for aussies (Mick,TAj Parko and Bede) to really try and capitilise. Do you reckon the last few years of less than perfect waves also has an impact on his motivation of late? I can imagine him at most events muttering "welcome to the dream tour" (insert sarcasm here)

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:05 am

dunnc wrote:He's got a bad rap since Blue Horizon, but I figure he's one of the few that speaks his mind about his competitive drive etc. I'd like to see him return in form, although it is a good time for aussies (Mick,TAj Parko and Bede) to really try and capitilise. Do you reckon the last few years of less than perfect waves also has an impact on his motivation of late? I can imagine him at most events muttering "welcome to the dream tour" (insert sarcasm here)
It's comical that you think parko, taj and bede have a chance at winning the title whilst kelly is still around. Slater has almost all of the top 45 mentally comboed when it comes to winning the title.

dunnc
regular

Post by dunnc » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:26 am

Comical maybe, hopefull - definitely! :lol:

The new format being introduced next year with possible round one eliminations would swing in slaters favor...but looking at the stats definitely helps guys like Mick who have that consistancy and never have to rely on a round two saving grace.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:17 pm

Taj would be fcuked though

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:30 pm

why would taj be fucked? he's in the top 10, so it will work to his favour.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:56 pm

But taj has a tendency to lose his round one heats. So if this new format means round one knockouts then he could be in trouble

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:47 pm

re: Topic
I'm over AI and BI.
Sure they can surf rings around me, but they just shit me to tears with their seppo whining and seppo style of surfing.

Cookie
regular

Post by Cookie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:25 pm

TMC wrote:But taj has a tendency to lose his round one heats. So if this new format means round one knockouts then he could be in trouble
The new format has the Top 16 seeded straight into Rd 2 while the bottom 32 battle it out in Rd 1.

Pretty hard to lose a heat you're not even in :?

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:27 pm

Cookie wrote:
TMC wrote:But taj has a tendency to lose his round one heats. So if this new format means round one knockouts then he could be in trouble
The new format has the Top 16 seeded straight into Rd 2 while the bottom 32 battle it out in Rd 1.

Pretty hard to lose a heat you're not even in :?
See now that someone has taken the time to sarcastically explain it to me, i know what is going on.

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:11 pm

sorry, it sounded like you knew what you were talking about ;)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:43 pm

wanto wrote:sorry, it sounded like you knew what you were talking about ;)

^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

pig champion
Local

Post by pig champion » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:42 pm

maybe if A.I got off the drugs he'd find his competitive streak?
my heaters broke & i'm so tired ...

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:06 am

off the drugs :?:

nah, I want to see him on Acid at Chopes :lol:

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:16 pm

If I was AI i wouldnt even give a shit about competing. That bloke has got more money than Kelly and all the rest put together.

If i was him i would just buy Tavarua and f-ck everyone off.

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:20 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:If I was AI i wouldnt even give a shit about competing. That bloke has got more money than Kelly and all the rest put together.

if you were him you would probably do heaps more fighting as well, cause thats the kind of guy you are :lol:

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:29 pm

g_u_m_b_y wrote:
kreepykrawly wrote:If I was AI i wouldnt even give a shit about competing. That bloke has got more money than Kelly and all the rest put together.

if you were him you would probably do heaps more fighting as well, cause thats the kind of guy you are :lol:
Actually you're not far off the mark.... fighting is more addictive than surfing. Just ask Matty Grainger or John Shamooka(spelling?). I'm injured from fighting at the moment but want to get better to fight and not to surf.