MANLY SEA EAGLES - CAN WE DO IT?

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

simonoxenham
regular

MANLY SEA EAGLES - CAN WE DO IT?

Post by simonoxenham » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:57 pm

Boy how are we all. What are we thinking of the Sea Eagles form this season. They don't look the same team as last year i think there missing the direction of micheal monohan. This is putting alot of pressure on Matty Orford

Finally they've stop putting Jamie Lyon at 5/8th. Hes done nothing there. Hes on the big bucks i reckon he needs to start pulling his weight a bit more.

Do u reckon we can bring it home this year. I'm a bit optimistic. The storm, rooters, and brisbane are on fire.

Bring back Cliff Lyons
stay drug free, get drugs for free, and give em to me

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:42 pm

Orford hasn’t really delivered in my book, neither has Lyon, BUT he looks better out wide so let’s get Des. :twisted:

Very unconvincing so far. Mark Geyer blaming the forwards in today’s M-Daily and he probably has a fair point.

Brett Stewart, Watmough and quite a few others are trying but it just isn't gelling somehow. Just look like they need some confidence.

Norman_Gunston
Grommet

Re: MANLY SEA EAGLES - CAN WE DO IT?

Post by Norman_Gunston » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:43 pm

Yes Cliffy for PM!!!!!!

They are definitely missing another playmaker but there aren't many good ones running around at the mo. Orford is not cutting the mustard. There must have been other issues with Monahan as he was a great player and is sorely missed. On a bright note they still have one of the best defensive records.

This is not surfing and has nothing to do with shortboards. I predict harsh words to come..... :?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:06 pm

Manly's a shadow of its 2007 self.

Who's gonna lead a good team out of the trough. I mean they're not South Sydney ... there actually is hope here.

Dessie wishes he could but can't do it because it needs to be done on the field.

Watmough had a chance but he's injured and out for four critical weeks. Forget Matt Orford...he only functions when someone else is drawing off the heat. Brent Kite, time to stand up and be counted buddy.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:21 pm

hey which arsehole deleted my post :!: It was actually not rude or breaking any rules or anything. Just some bitter ol manly fan moderator :x

As i said before i was deleted, you wasted your money on big name players who arnt performing forcing your backbone (monny and burns) out of the club.

Your forwards cant run for shit, none run hard, they all think they are ball handlers. number 16 on the weekend was in almost every back line movement and slowed things down so much, fucking up most plays.

See you in '09 cause you aint going far this year. Sharks to take it.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:23 pm

Cliffy has gone, let it go. Leave Lyons in the centres, play Menzies as a running ( and occasional ball playing ) five -eighth, get Watmough playing to his potential and you could be a chance. Orford is a good player but he is the only play making option you have, he is first receiver 4 or even 5 times out of every set, how can he be expcted to be at his creative best when he does that much work ? When teams play against Manly, they know that it all revolves around Orford...Manly need other players to step up and take some pressure off him, but he seems to be a player who wants the ball all the time- bit like Thurston but he has Bowen and even Payne to relieve him a bit. One thing Manly has is the fact that they have lost a GF and stats show that teams that lose a GF often go on to win the next season...ala Storm.... Slater and Thurston to cause havoc for Qld and Aust....cant wait

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:59 pm

Oh shit, to follow on from my other post (see you in '09) ... i forgot :lol: ill see central coast in '09.

Oh and you need a decent kicker, orford will be lucky to kick it 40m on the full, usually down the throat of the fullback or winger, and his short kicking sucks balls, did you see how bad it was on the weekend :shock:

dee-r-e
Grommet

Post by dee-r-e » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:59 pm

And it looks like we are trying to spend another million or so on another ball running forward in Anthony Tupou.
I think part of the problem at the club lies in recruitment. Lost a hooker (Monnas) and a 5-8 (Burns) over the last year, and we have bought two centres (Lyon and Vaeleki). And we are about to buy another semi-ball playing back rower. So we have 4 centres, all of which have played at rep level, and not a single half or 5/8 that ever has.
My mind boggles.
2 days
3 nites

mazza

Post by mazza » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:32 pm

if were a manly fan i'd be weeping. what were they thinking when they let this kid go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHho7fh_Acc

him alongside monaghan could have been lethal.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:35 pm

What team wouldnt suffer from losing out Burns, Monnas & Hicks?

Manly has lost their confidence again and everyone is standing around waiting for last seasons players to do something. Orford seems to be playing for himself. Anyone else catch that vibe? Bad decison to get him i reckon. Lyon = lot of pressure. Nathan Brown pressure.

Le'strange has shown some glimpses of form but will take time to settle into the new manly club as the club itself is settling from major movements of players.

Bani is doing quite well, i think. Very fast and confident player. Both with the ball and defensively.

I guess its not out of the question to see them up at the standard of 07 within 3 years.

Nevertheless, ill be there every second sundy on the hill drinkin and cheering Manly on!

cs
regular

Post by cs » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:27 am

short answer: No.

But the Brooky hill is still the best place to watch league by a long shot...

(with Lake park a close second :wink: )

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:14 am

cs wrote:But the Brooky hill is still the best place to watch league by a long shot...
Yeah, the hill at Brookvale Oval is pretty good. I was there in 03/04 when a Freddie Fittler and Chris Walker inspired Roosters put 50 points (more or less) past Manly ...

:)

newman

Post by newman » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:21 pm

I was on the Brookie Hill round one this year.

Petulant little crybabies couldnt handle losing.

A weak team who now proudly own the worst GF performance in history.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:26 pm

newman wrote:I was on the Brookie Hill round one this year.

Petulant little crybabies couldnt handle losing.

A weak team who now proudly own the worst GF performance in history.
Same here :D

Loving It
Grommet

Post by Loving It » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:54 pm

The forwards aren't domiating, and Matty Orford is in two minds when he has the ball, which results in going no where for the team.

There are some players who think they are all that and it isn't showing on the score board or ladder..............

Norman_Gunston
Grommet

Post by Norman_Gunston » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:17 pm

Loving It wrote:The forwards aren't domiating, and Matty Orford is in two minds when he has the ball, which results in going no where for the team.

There are some players who think they are all that and it isn't showing on the score board or ladder..............
I don't think it is all doom and gloom. They are a good team in a tough competition. No team would have beaten the Storm last week; Slater is a freak and Folau (sp?) is a monster.
Manly were only just beaten by the Sharks and they are now on top of the table. The major issue is the lack of variety and talent in the halves. They have plenty of pace and the defence is very good. The forward pack is big, mobile and skillfull. In a competiton so strong there is not much between winning and losing.
Manly will be there come the pointy end of the season.

lovenutz
regular

Post by lovenutz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:10 pm

still the lowest most hated team in the comp. hope they cop plenty of floggings this year :evil:

Norman_Gunston
Grommet

Post by Norman_Gunston » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:30 pm

lovenutz wrote:still the lowest most hated team in the comp. hope they cop plenty of floggings this year :evil:
That hatred stems from envy; neither of which is a virtuous emotion to harbour. Must be a sad existence to embody these thoughts and I wonder how much fun you must be to hang around?

Worst thing is these feelings must build when Manly inevitably win games.
What a waste of life.