favourite move

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

stretch
regular

Post by stretch » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:20 pm

that site is perfecto...fark work off im bustin my chops off home to start flying like a camel....maybe even mix up a combo move on her....flying camel to pogo jump out of the saucy taco (no arms of course) then flaming amazon to zombie....then you add a twist to the zombie by offerring a face towel to clean her eyes with...BUT... you wave the face towel like a red rag to a bull and get her chasing you round the bedroom in a fit of el toro madness !! then like the matador you have proven yourself to be you take a bow and leave bound for the kitchen and that well deserved cold beer or three.

Penultimate

Post by Penultimate » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:05 pm

probably a turn going left, or maybe a turn going right !

wheresKONG
Grommet

Post by wheresKONG » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:13 pm

big LONG roundhouse....!!!!! 8)
BROKE..... will surf for money..!!

lrsa_04
Local

Post by lrsa_04 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:34 pm

nothing feels better when u pull off that move which u just know was a fluke..
but the best o think are reverses or reo's when u just feel the fins out.
"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly all right"... Jack Norris

mad
charger

Post by mad » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:58 pm

Love that feeling of having a huge wally section in front of you that looks like closing out so you just push and pump your board through it and you can really feel it accelerate like you've opened up the throttle full bore. If the rest of the wave is gunna close you can either go a hell floater, or full lip carving reo off the close out section and with the ton of speed it feels massive. If I wasn't 90 odd (not saying how odd) kg, the aerial route would be a serious option.
If the wave shoulders off you can draw the longest lined roundhouse so hard you feel like your pulling a couple of g's. Love it all

tubedude

Post by tubedude » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:53 pm

I dont surf but heres wot i like to see surfers doing out in the water.
Getting barrels, doesnt happen often but when i see a surfer get a sick tube its so much better than watching a lid get a tube - especialy at places like winki, the surfers get so much deeper in the tueb there and make it out usualy. I also love to see surfers taking late drops and making them. But the best thing to watch is a big roundhouse cutty, stalling fakie then bringing it back around and keep riding.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:18 pm

Going on tubedude's post, I'd say the moves I like to watch most are big, drawn out carves/roundhouses. That has to be my favourite move to watch. I reckon I could watch Dingo doing them all day.

moneyman
barnacle

Post by moneyman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:24 pm

tubedude wrote:I dont surf but heres wot i like to see surfers doing out in the water.
Getting barrels, doesnt happen often but when i see a surfer get a sick tube its so much better than watching a lid get a tube - especialy at places like winki, the surfers get so much deeper in the tueb there and make it out usualy. I also love to see surfers taking late drops and making them. But the best thing to watch is a big roundhouse cutty, stalling fakie then bringing it back around and keep riding.
surfboarders CANT get deeper in because they losy balance to easily, and also late drops dont always work like booges because they need to balance again, thats why u dont see them that often being made. I personally love watching surfers get airs, i saw i guy attempting one of the airs where you grap the rail and point th nose up and 360 but he landed straight on his face.
Last edited by moneyman on Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ka ChInG !!!!!

tubedude

Post by tubedude » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:40 pm

surfers can get deeper, and they do at winki when its 8ft and breaking at second reef. I have seen a big east line hit the reef and the wave was so fast, the guy was just past surge and he had shitloads of speed but the wave looked almost like a closeout, i thort he was gooone, just like everybody in the water did, only to see him come out and pull off the back of the wave - awesome. and yes when surfers get deeper - the skilful ones have more chance of riding out as they have much mroe speed. also the thing about late drops - i never said surfers do them all the time, i said its good to watch them land the late drop coz its so difficult. now money man tell me how my post was kooky? seriously get a life and stop thinking your kind sh1t coz your not. and stop turning everything into a bitch fight either, my post wasnt kooky, i was talking about rare sh1t that surfers pull and its a delight to watch.

moneyman
barnacle

Post by moneyman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:20 pm

then leave, poblem solved :?
Ka ChInG !!!!!

Borris
regular

Post by Borris » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:51 pm

Just takin off on a sizeable wave is the best feelin.
That point where it jacks up and u feel like ur just fallin, and wait for the fins to grab the face.
Any move u stik after a big take off is just a bonus

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:40 pm

A good old forehand layback into the pocket as well as big fat dirty indy tweak punt on a chunky shorey. :D

LRSA

Post by LRSA » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:47 pm

Yeah your wrong!

It's a move on your forehand when you lay backwards onto the wave during or just before a turn then attempt to get back up again. Looks good.

big_spender
regular

Post by big_spender » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:00 am

definatly full round house cutties or late drops or BIG bottom turns or backhand snaps or....

Bananabender

Post by Bananabender » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:10 am

wanto wrote:
LRSA wrote:on your forehand when you lay backwards onto the wave ... just before a turn
um .. no
Hey Wanto, just cos you can't do em mate, doesn't mean they can't be done. I love doing em, wouldn't say its my fave move though.