WAVES OF BYRON BAY/ MOST UNDERRATED BREAK IN REGION

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Which break offers the best conditions on an offshore day. Taking into account crowds, wave size and shape

Poll ended at Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:46 am

broken head
75%
the pass
No votes
tallows
25%
brunwich heads
No votes
cabarita
No votes

Total votes: 4

simonoxenham
regular

WAVES OF BYRON BAY/ MOST UNDERRATED BREAK IN REGION

Post by simonoxenham » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:46 am

I go up to byron Bay every holidays. and i was wonderin if anyone knew of any good breaks just outside of byron. There are some sick waves around ballina like north wall, and boulders and brunswick has a sick wave but im after an uncrowded reef setup if youve heard of one in that area. And also what do u reckon is the most under rated beach around that area

Jessep
Local

Post by Jessep » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:07 pm

i swear i just posted in this thread about 5 minutes ago

mad
charger

Post by mad » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:36 pm

So let me get this right Simon, your asking surfers to divulge secret reef breaks in NNSW, yes? Could be anywhere, right?
How long have you been surfing, I'm figuring never, you slide on your guts, huh?
Either way, the journey is yours, you go and work it out, and when you do, enjoy and keep the find to yourself.
This is what defines a 'secret spot'. Its not rocket science, but its something you really need to understand and respect. Before you blow up, take a minute and work it out for yourself.
Then get off your lazy arse and do your own research.

dan
regular

Post by dan » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:18 pm

Agreed.

One day all these secret spots will get their crowds, some more than others. However for the time being, silence is one of the only things which keeps it somewhat under control. The longer these spots are kept as "secret" the more uncrowded sessions you will get in the long term.

That means more waves for you... Just think about that for a minute.

Do your own search and you will find what you're looking for... eventually. And when you do find it, keep ya mouth shut unless you really enjoy having less waves and dealing with disrespectful blow-ins.

We're not California yet but mate it can't be too far away. Imagine sharing a "secret" point break with 80 other snarly diehard locals. Not my idea of fun.

simonoxenham
regular

sorry dudes

Post by simonoxenham » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:44 pm

fair enough fellas. i half guessed ur werent gonna let us in on a spot anyway. I just wanted to begin a convo about surf in byron cause i love it up there. Sorry to pull you away from dee why cat's threads about which fone brand do u prefer. hahahha cheers lads

Lard Lad
regular

Post by Lard Lad » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:28 pm

Last edited by Lard Lad on Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mad
charger

Post by mad » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:57 am

Hey LL don't forget flouro flippers and a mullet up the clacker.

Its not as if NNSW is inaccesible, unmapped terrain ffs