2-3 Weeks in November-where in the world to go?

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:49 pm

Hawaii Early Feb???

Worth a look??

Cheap accom (don't mind slumming it)???

Any input

loco4olas
charger

Post by loco4olas » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:16 pm

Lucky Al wrote:El Salvador, the Land of Rights!
Yeah-trouble is United doesn't fly to Costa Rica or Guatemala anymore-so too hard to get to El Slavador. My wife surfed La Libertad in 96' with another girl-some amazing stories-machine guns on the point kind of thing and bandits all about-sounded quite sketchy-she also caught a bad staph infection from the dirty water at the point.

Despite the sketchiness-I'd still like to go-just too expensive if United doesn't fly there-so it's out.

Still trying to decide.....

Matt

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:13 pm

With all the Salvadorans in the States, how could United afford not to fly to El Salvador! In fact just last Christmas or the Christmas before my girl and I flew United LAX-San Salvador. At that time of year all the Salvadorans fly home, so our flight was overbooked and we got put up in a hotel for a night to fly the next day, and we received a $500 travel voucher each to make up for the inconvenience. Yes, it's all coming back to me now!

tortoise

Post by tortoise » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:14 pm

india???? plenty of culture there

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:15 pm

Sorry, bit of needless information there. Sorry, bit more here: buses in El Salvador rock!

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:18 pm

Buses in El Salvador rock, and they roll!

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:54 pm

But to tell the truth La Libertad scares me. One day a shell of a man came storming across the road near the market and right up to me, started shaking me by the shoulders and shouting and spitting in my face - no idea why or what for. He was so thin and light, as if there was nothing left inside, that when I pushed him away he fell sprawling into the gutter. And then there were the men who slept and crept under the trees on the boardwalk up from the wharf - somehow much scarier than the crazy who confronted me near the market, so slow and settled and spidery in intent.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:55 pm

Thankfully the roca at the punta always lifted my spirits.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:12 pm

And the buses.

perezoso

Post by perezoso » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:47 pm

Spent a few weeks in La Libertad in 97. Great wave, but after a year and half in South and Central America, I can say it is the most dodgy place i have been. 50 percent of the travellers i met there were robbed at gunpoint, as was I. Not worth it imo

loco4olas
charger

Post by loco4olas » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:01 am

perezoso wrote:Spent a few weeks in La Libertad in 97. Great wave, but after a year and half in South and Central America, I can say it is the most dodgy place i have been. 50 percent of the travellers i met there were robbed at gunpoint, as was I. Not worth it imo
Pretty much dovetails with my wife's experience and view of the place-there's much better and safer waves/places....

Matt