West Java

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

BB

West Java

Post by BB » Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:09 am

I'm going to Indo in July for a month and I'm thinking about spending some time around Turtles but I've heard that it doesn't hold much size so I'm wondering about other quality waves in the vicinity.....I don't want to be sitting somewhere watching quality swell go to waste! Anyone spent time around there?

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:49 am

hey BB. the waves around here are only O.K. not the quality of the rest of Indo. unless you go to One Palm. Try South Sumatra via Freeline tours for a simliar feel, no crowds, but class waves. dreams do come true. (i don't work for them by the way. but some friends have used their service and it is culturally aware and astute to the waves). i will get my mate who goes to the area you are talking about a bit to submit a reply. should be helful. if the slack bastard does it.

BB

Post by BB » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:11 am

Thanks Clif I just found their web site and had a look, very interesting. I'm thinking July so I've got a bit of time to plan. More info would be great! I speak a hundred or so words of Indo and will try and expand my vocab before I go.

anorbury

Post by anorbury » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:07 am

hey BB - was at turtles 2 years ago in july - you're right it closes down over 4 foot - there is a big wave spot called umbak tujuh (sp?) an hour's bike ride along which has been compared to sunset so you'll always find a rideable wave in the area.

have fun!

Indo Surf

Post by Indo Surf » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:38 am

Ombak Tujuh gets HUGE. You can stay at Freeline's losmen near Turtles for the smaller days, then head to Tujuh for the big stuff - http://www.freelinesurf.com.au/westjava_land.htm

More info in Indo Surf & Lingo http://www.indosurf.com.au