Going to Bali, got questions

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

walloper
regular

Going to Bali, got questions

Post by walloper » Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:00 pm

I'm going to Bali in April, gonna do 9 days, 6 on the land and then a 3 day boat trip. Well that's the plan. Got some questions...

How many boards should I bring? I'm thinking about taking 4 at this stage.

Where is the best place to stay?

Will we be able to get a boat trip on the spot or do we need to book in advance?

Any other advice ya might have would be great, thanks.

Nikko
regular

Post by Nikko » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:59 am

You've got enough plans there already matey, just there nd follow your nose....

Contact Slim (Baliwaves for boat trips).

Lotz on offer & safe as...

Have fun and chill...

Cheers
"No matter what happens; it will always be alright".

Cliff

Post by Cliff » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:57 pm

only take 4 boards if you don't mind bribing a customs offical on arrival

there is a 3 board "maximum", which is obviously negotiable if the price is right

walloper
regular

Post by walloper » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:24 am

Yeh what's the story with the 3 boards thing, someone told me about that. I'm planning on taking 4, how much more will it cost me to take a 4th board, or can I get away with it?

Looks like were doing 2 weeks now so I'll definitely wanna take 4.

Cliff

Post by Cliff » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:43 pm

you can say you only have 3 boards but they always check, or you can always leave one at the airport if you don't want to pay. It's a whole lot of effort. If you want to get the fourth one in you will pay depending on how long you barter for, and how many customs officials are there, and how good a mood they are in. You'll probbaly get away with $50, but they will ask for $250 US. I've got away with 50,000 rupes before but it was an awful lot of effort.

walloper
regular

Post by walloper » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:47 pm

Bloody hell, I don't like the sound of that ay. Mind you I'm going over with a bodyboarder, he's taking two bodyboards over so I'll just give a board to him to take. Only thing is apart from my big 4 board bag I only have a towel cover, what are the chances of my board arriving in one piece? Obviouly I'll be putting my worst board in it.

joshalohasurf

Post by joshalohasurf » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:49 pm

um with this board thing from my expirence in bali youl be quite alright with 3 i gotta way with it with 1 with waves ranging form1-8 foot if u need any more boards there pretty cheap overthere.
quiver i would reccoment would be 2 standard shorties you use at home and a semi gun. if your a logger you only need 1 board over there 2 would be really good though.

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:06 pm

the more boards ya got over ther the better eh! cause you break em easy when its pumpin in indo, and with the board tax, always tell em that they are only worth like $30 or sumthin and they usually will hit ya up for less cash than if ya tell em they are all worth $600......