Surfing Israel

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

bob

Surfing Israel

Post by bob » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:46 pm

Im heading off to israel bout april next year, I know its doubtful but does anyone have any information about the surf there? I havent been able to find much on the net at all.

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:06 pm

http://www.wannasurf.com/spot/Middle_East/Israel/

There even used to be a pro comp there back in the seventies, so you'll get waves somewhere... Just don't expect mackin' perfection

Bigpete

Post by Bigpete » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:35 pm

I was reading somewhere about surfing in Sri Lanka. The correspondent reported that the MOST AGRO guys in the lineup were Isralies. He said that if you crossed them they would let you know how many Palestinians they had wasted etc..
Just passing on the rumor.
Good on yez all
Bigpete

bob

Post by bob » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:53 pm

yeh it actually looks pretty good on that link actually quite a lot of beaches listed. Ill just try not to drop in on any of the locals.

dicko

Post by dicko » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:57 am

met a surfer from Israel once and he said it's pretty bad. lots of 2ft wind swell.

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:07 pm

you'd have to be lucky to score it on the right day, but like any dog etc...

collnarra

Israel

Post by collnarra » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:11 pm

There is surf in Lebanon, too, around Beirut. The med is quite deep, and if you get wind blowing in the right direction you'll cop waves. Italy, Corsica etc all get good waves despite not being located anywhere near a proper ocean!

Stuey

Surfin Israel

Post by Stuey » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:37 pm

Was skiin in europe about 17 years ago and met some israeli surfers. A snow storm covered the alps(we were in Switz) and they were goin home. I joined them for a week. A few wave-like things did waddle towards shore, and they did show me pics of similar wave-like things. Wouldn't even add it to my list of surfspots visited tho'. Drib with a capital F for F*&*ed. Nice ta see guys with guns around the beach from time to time!

bob

Post by bob » Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:06 pm

mmmmm still i rekon it will b pretty fun surfin there

Dave
regular
Location: Central coast, out the back, 6 foot and glassy, no crowds

Post by Dave » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:05 am

Israel???

Whats wrong with Indo...

mutts_nuts

Post by mutts_nuts » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:26 am

I worked in Israel a few years ago and there was some surf (2/3ft) around Tel Aviv but only very rarely and in the winter (Nov-Mar). If you're going in April then I think it's unlikely you'll get anything there but a nice tan! Good fun place though :wink: