Arthritis in big toe joint

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Wyre
Snowy McAllister

Re: Arthritis in big toe joint

Post by Wyre » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:05 pm

Having a wrestle with my young fella the other day, barefoot, and somehow he managed to push down on my foot so that the arthritic big toe curled under with pressure. The pain was excruciating. Intense. Like, bone pain throbbing for 10-20 mins.

I hobbled for a day or so muttering, but since then I’ve had way more movement in the joint! Something to be said for just fuckin giving a frozen joint a hard wake up call?

I reckon 20-30% more movement
Sniff wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:46 am
I remember some wheelchair xylophonist getting all macho about how he liked to smash absolutely heaps of Weetbix before a hard day's roofing

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:03 pm

I had an epiphany recently that improved my toe no end
I was involuntarily clenching one foot, the back foot. I noticed one day a couple of years ago while wearing thongs. So I have trained myself to relax the hell out of that foot. And since then my rear foot turf toe problem pretty much disappeared.

So at some stage a decade ago I figure I'd gone the other way, gradually hunching/clenching as I stood up and then applying weight and torque to that foot and leading to painful turf toe symptoms.

Wyre
Snowy McAllister

Post by Wyre » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:58 pm

PeepeelaPew wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:03 pm
I was involuntarily clenching one foot, the back foot. I noticed one day a couple of years ago while wearing thongs. So I have trained myself to relax the hell out of that foot. And since then my rear foot turf toe problem pretty much disappeared.

So at some stage a decade ago I figure I'd gone the other way, gradually hunching/clenching as I stood up and then applying weight and torque to that foot and leading to painful turf toe symptoms.
Are you saying you have front and rear feet? You mad dog!
Sniff wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:46 am
I remember some wheelchair xylophonist getting all macho about how he liked to smash absolutely heaps of Weetbix before a hard day's roofing

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:07 pm

:lol:

It only affected my rear foot. I'm not sure if I developed it because of something in my surfing or just coincidence that that was the affected foot. Now I consciously relax both feet and flex them all the time especially while walking and I seem to have overcome it.

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:15 pm

Peepee’s face when going for a relaxing stroll with the wife.

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:54 pm

Accurate :lol:

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:58 am

PeepeelaPew wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:03 pm

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:47 am

:lol:
Was almost me this morning. Usually takes 20 minutes and a coffee to get the imminent feeling in the lower alimentary canal. Not today. Almost shat on top of the bed while getting dressed. And, fcuk me, the shit was a sludge. I'm away for work and doing a bit of computer stuff in my accommodation before heading in. 3 flushes and some persistent bits remain. I think they've activated their self-inflating life jackets
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:33 am

Okay, I know this is the wrong thread, but....
Four flushes and there's a single pea sized piece remaining. Guessing it's sponsored by Red Bull
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?