Asthma

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: Butts, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

Post Reply
Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER
Posts: 41111
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Button Factory

Asthma

Post by Beanpole » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:37 am

I've had a bit of work related asthma over the last couple of years. It's hard to pick the triggers except obvious ones. I've had a bit since last night but that's really the first I've had since all the bushfires started which surprises me. It's actually been one of the longest runs without an episode. I'm putting last night down to MSG in the crappy Chinese we had last night.

User avatar
godsavethequeen
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7286
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:47 am

Re: Asthma

Post by godsavethequeen » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:35 pm

Beanpole wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:37 am
I've had a bit of work related asthma over the last couple of years. It's hard to pick the triggers except obvious ones. I've had a bit since last night but that's really the first I've had since all the bushfires started which surprises me. It's actually been one of the longest runs without an episode. I'm putting last night down to MSG in the crappy Chinese we had last night.
What booze did you drink that night beani? Any alcohol is a pretty guaranteed trigger for me but heavy red, sparkling whites and lager are the worst I find

User avatar
Trev
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23433
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: Asthma

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:04 pm

godsavethequeen wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:35 pm
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:37 am
I've had a bit of work related asthma over the last couple of years. It's hard to pick the triggers except obvious ones. I've had a bit since last night but that's really the first I've had since all the bushfires started which surprises me. It's actually been one of the longest runs without an episode. I'm putting last night down to MSG in the crappy Chinese we had last night.
What booze did you drink that night beani? Any alcohol is a pretty guaranteed trigger for me but heavy red, sparkling whites and lager are the worst I find
Any additives in the 200 range affect my wife's asthma.
On the advice of her specialist in Sydney I drove out to Mudgee, to the Botobolar organic and preservative free winery.
The wine was shit, so my wife doesn't drink wine anymore.
#sixfeetissixfeet!

User avatar
godsavethequeen
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7286
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:47 am

Re: Asthma

Post by godsavethequeen » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:14 pm

Sulfites is that Trev? Think it's becoming increasingly common for wine producers not to use them these days so there may be some better wines that available now that she could try

User avatar
Trev
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23433
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: Asthma

Post by Trev » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:39 am

godsavethequeen wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:14 pm
Sulfites is that Trev? Think it's becoming increasingly common for wine producers not to use them these days so there may be some better wines that available now that she could try
Yep. Sulfites are a problem for her.
Amazing how many places they're used.
Like on fruit salads prepared earlier and on display in cafes and other food outlets. Used to keep the fruit from losing its colour.
Anyway, she's happy to stay off alcohol completely these days.
#sixfeetissixfeet!

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER
Posts: 41111
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Button Factory

Re: Asthma

Post by Beanpole » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:04 pm

Yeah, it's funny. My wife is more affected by red while white seems to set me off. I actually thought it was down to MSG on that occasion. Since I haven't been exposed to dust at work it's been pretty good. Other factor is the unflued gas heater. Obviously haven't been using it lately. You would think the smoke would set it off but it hasn't.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests