Maldives options

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: Butts, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

bgreen
Grommet

Maldives options

Post by bgreen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:24 pm

I may be able to organise a Maldives stop-over but have heard it can get crowded, especially North Male.

I've heard of other islands. I'll be travelling with my wife, so a boat trip is out. The far southern atolls sound promising but may be limited with accommodation.

Any suggestions. I'll be travelling late July.

Wyre
barnacle

Re: Maldives options

Post by Wyre » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:22 pm

I keep accidentally going to Unanswered Topics and seeing this sad little unanswered question. Thought I'd finally get onto this for bgreen.

I've no idea.

I thought I'd insinuate that bgreen is TMS trying to find out about the Maldives on the sly, but then I realised I've got no knowledge of why the Maldives are considered 'soft' or whatever, so I shouldn't even attempt to be amusing.
godsavethequeen wrote:I wonder if reg is still thrashing the neighbour's elderly poodle with his wattle branch.

steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand

Post by steve shearer » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:32 pm

do we need booties?

asking for friend with tender feet.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

bgreen
Grommet

Post by bgreen » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:43 am

Thanks for the thought Wyre. I've no idea who TMS is but I know Steve. I ended up passing on the Maldives in favour of an extra week in Africa.

Yuke Hunt
Snowy McAllister

Post by Yuke Hunt » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:02 pm

We're heading back next year ... its a great place. Good surf, fishing and great people.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.