Bali For Beginners

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Re: Bali For Beginners

Post by Beanpole » Tue May 19, 2015 5:34 pm

I've heard a lot of people say the bike run down from Agung is good. I imagine it would be. They take you up from Ubud and you basically coast all the way down through the rice paddies and temples. I'd say stay away from amusement parks. See the Gamelan Orchestra and catch a few shows up in the mountains.

One of my best trips there I was dead broke and caught public bemos to a lot of the old temples and architectural sites.

Lombok is interesting but it's definitely not the same vibe.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

ctd
barnacle

Post by ctd » Tue May 19, 2015 6:27 pm

Almighty God wrote:Dancing and performance...should cover that pretty easily with a few Balinese dance shows

Nature...would love to do a short trek...see a waterfall...it seems the best of these are very north, so we may not get there

She wants to see the Bird park...I love birds too...the info on that seems its pretty small, but very good

Hasnt seen an elephant before...thats a priority

The temple at Uluwatu is one of the things I have listed as an essential
With that list, spend most of your time in Ubud - well, not Ubud itself but the trips around Ubud and you can cover off all of these (dancing in town). You can do the trips from Kuta but you are adding an hour or 2 travel time.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Tue May 19, 2015 6:45 pm

jesus christ god, yes, do the Ullu's temple by all means.
But if you're really serious, and i'm sure you saw that smartarse pom Fry go all ballistic on being asked 'what he would say to God if he met him at the front gate' thing on the web yesterday...
my suggestion is take me, get Mary, who i suspect has a fit looking bestie to bring along, and we hire a boat and go rescue refugees.
We score some waves, we can dance, we can do dress ups and perform with the new arrivals, eat fish, drink wine. win win.

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Tue May 19, 2015 6:59 pm

skipper wrote:jesus christ god, yes, do the Ullu's temple by all means.
But if you're really serious, and i'm sure you saw that smartarse pom Fry go all ballistic on being asked 'what he would say to God if he met him at the front gate' thing on the web yesterday...
my suggestion is take me, get Mary, who i suspect has a fit looking bestie to bring along, and we hire a boat and go rescue refugees.
We score some waves, we can dance, we can do dress ups and perform with the new arrivals, eat fish, drink wine. win win.
Yeah he was pretty tough on me wasnt he, pompous prick...I shouldnt get all defensive, but I mean it was my first try...we all make the odd mistake here and there dont we. I would just say, hey buddy...next time you create a whole fcuking universe...in six days...then we can chat...and off to fcking hell with you pal

sorry Skip...I digress...

you know you are one of my favourites...I am definitely in. But I am dressing up as a viking...I fcuking love them guys...their Gods are so fcuking cool

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue May 19, 2015 7:35 pm

[quote="Almighty God"
Nature...would love to do a short trek...see a waterfall...it seems the best of these are very north, so we may not get there

[/quote]

Fcuk Bali go to Seal Rocks.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

philw
Local

Post by philw » Tue May 19, 2015 8:13 pm

Yeah shearer's right. You can do most of it here. The Ubud elephant park is just a zoo. But there's loads of cool things about Bali, my wife describes it as India lite, the best stuff is when you get a bit off the beaten track. A pushy is a great way to get around if yr not too intimidated by crazy traffic... And the surf is crowded as ffck and competitive... You may need to smite some cunse

Omar Cummin
Grommet

Post by Omar Cummin » Tue May 19, 2015 8:15 pm

::"-">
Last edited by Omar Cummin on Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

philw
Local

Post by philw » Tue May 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Omar. For real?

Omar Cummin
Grommet

Post by Omar Cummin » Tue May 19, 2015 8:43 pm

:-<
Last edited by Omar Cummin on Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

philw
Local

Post by philw » Tue May 19, 2015 9:11 pm

I mean, were you in the jail?

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Tue May 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Omar Cummin wrote:I was going to make some cheap comment about you ushering Andrew and Myuran back down for a reprieve... but that would be tasteless.
God, Bali's not for you. Trust me. I've just returned from a spell in the K house. Somehow managed to procure an insanely filthy amount of funds to shorten my extended holiday there. I did find the brothers Andy and Myu to be honest and humble. Who wouldn't be after 10 years with a sword over one's head.
No, Bali is no place for an almighty God. A fluid, mellifluous one even would have trouble negotiating the overarching weight of Islam bearing down upon it.
Seal Rocks sounds like a reasonable alternative.
There won't be incense and frangipani, but the waft of hydro bong water from the campsite is enough to reinstall a reassuring faith in all things Aussie. Aussie. You know the rest.
:D
And yeah...its still too soon buddy

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue May 19, 2015 10:19 pm

Isn't it all hydro nowadays?

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed May 20, 2015 7:21 pm

Thats only the shite that sydney metrosexuals bring with them. All the local boys are on the prime bush.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed May 20, 2015 8:23 pm

steve shearer wrote:[quote="Almighty God"
Fcuk Bali go to Seal Rocks.[/quote]

*Note to Steve: There were no waterfalls at Seal Rocks last time I went there. Road is all bitumen as well. That's pretty new.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

philw
Local

Post by philw » Wed May 20, 2015 9:12 pm

Metrosexuals?? That was a decade ago. You'll be telling us about these new 'hipsters' taking over your true blue backyard next...

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu May 21, 2015 7:07 am

speaking of hipsters I met a hipster bird who told me she was a raw vegetable chef, I thought she was making a joke I couldn't work out what she actually did.

Wubic Pig
Harry the Hat

Post by Wubic Pig » Thu May 21, 2015 9:36 am

Davros wrote:speaking of hipsters I met a hipster bird who told me she was a raw vegetable chef, I thought she was making a joke I couldn't work out what she actually did.
I think she meant kitchen hand
Beanpole wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:44 pm
You have nothing I want or need.

ctd
barnacle

Post by ctd » Thu May 21, 2015 9:59 am

Our Simply Raw program focuses on cleansing and detoxing the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual body through following a raw food diet.

Raw food has been tried, tested, studied, debated and questioned for many years and has long been associated with increased energy, health and longevity. The simple fact is that eating food in its original state without cooking, heating or any processed chemicals added is beneficial for your body.

Getting back to eating as nature intended allows you to experience the true essence of food as medicine and invites you to experience and witness what a profound life experience making simple changes to your diet can have.

Simply Raw allows your body to rest and rejuvenate whilst encouraging tissue detoxification and cellular renewal. Specific natural herbal supplements and vitamins are prescribed accordingly to enhance the body’s own natural detoxification and elimination pathways through support of the liver, gallbladder, kidneys, lungs, colon, lymph nodes and skin.

Simply Raw also promotes healthy digestion as raw foods contain all the enzymes needed to digest, assimilate and absorb our food. Overall it boosts energy and vitality and gives you a thorough cleanse whilst being able to eat delicious tasty treats… yummo! Delicious super food smoothies and juices are incorporated to increase antioxidants, boost your immune system, balance hormones and support your nervous system.

There are raw food 'retreats' in Bali. I presume not many chicken curries.