HOLY MALE 2 Redemptions Song

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Almighty God
regular

HOLY MALE 2 Redemptions Song

Post by Almighty God » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:38 pm

counting down the minutes...me and the young fella are catching the train to Brisbane in 4 hours...then a few flights later...arriving in Male, Maldives...for a little adventure

I know its a bit early season...but hopefully we can sneak a few
Last edited by Almighty God on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Re: HOLY MALE

Post by Drailed » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Great time of year for good winds. How olds your boy?
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:00 pm

that, and just avoiding the school holidays...were the main reasons I am going now

hes 15...little bugger...I was 35 when I went on my first os surf trip!

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:57 am

Let us know. How it goes

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:35 am

Have a great trip. Be nice to be in warm tropical water and I am sure there will be a wave somewhere.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Elmako
Grommet

Post by Elmako » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:59 am

Enjoy dude, best thing about the reef's in the Maldives is that most of them are fairly flat (compared to Indo / Mentawis), so you get the mechanical reef perfection without the underwater boulders threat :o :o :o

I also noticed the waves are a notch or two milder than some indo spots so the fun / cockiness factor goes up; slowing yourself down with 2 hands or some laidback on back hand barrells, gold.

If Male area crowded, see if you can go to the Central atolls, deserted perfection, yes no one around for days. Did that in June last year.

Quiver wise, I took a step up and a gun, and surfed my shortboard 100% of the sessions, check the surf forecast a few days before departure and pack boards accordingly.

Let us know how you go.

Yewwww

JON

rmb
barnacle

Post by rmb » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Almighty one what are you going to summons for yourself? 6 ft perfection maybe not in march but there will still be fun waves.
Have fun.

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:48 pm

PART 1: Pleasure and Pain

and yes there is a fine line that separates the two...some feral bogan (may she RIP) got that right, if little else. It does sum up the beginning of my adventure pretty well...although there may have been slightly more of the latter than the former

PAIN: so hours before taking my train trip my girlfriend informs me that a few weekends ago, when I went away...she went to a party at her neighbours house...and ended up screwing him...she described it as just a huge drunken mistake, several questions later it becomes apparant that it turned out to be SEVERAL drunken mistakes, and its quite possible the huge part was a reference to a piece of her neighbours anatomy...I had heard enough...I wasnt off to a great start. She is now my ex girlfriend...the young bloke is into love and forgiveness...I will stick to vengeance and wrath!

PAIN: The dam aussie dollar also screwed me over. Maldives uses there own currency but also the US dollar, so I used that. When I booked my holiday last October, I put down a small deposit...I was paying only $1:10 back then for a USD. A week before I went over I paid the balance and got some spending money...I had to pay $1:32! Then I come home with a few hundred US bucks...only to find our dollar has now slightly strengthened...FCUK

PAIN: The train trip to Brisbane. Holy fcuk, what a fcuking boganfest that XPT is. Never again!

PLEASURE: Two words. Singapore Airlines

PLEASURE: Watched Dumb and Dumber two on the flight over. Purposely havent watched it assuming, as a big fan of the first movie, that I could only be disappointed with the sequel. I was pleasantly surprised. Harry finding out he was adopted...by his two Asian parents...was a nice moment

PAIN: MALE, crazy town. And nobody knows where anything is. We get off the ferry from the airport, at around 10:30pm, but its been a 29 hour day, so we are pretty fried. We find a little truck taxi, and ask the driver to take us to the Surf View, where I have booked a room for the night. I had checked on a map before going there, so I knew roughly where it was, and knew it was only a few blocks away...hindsight is a wonderful thing, as they say, but looking back, we should have walked there. The taxi driver has about five conversations with other drivers...before taking off...in the wrong direction! So I took it upon myself to direct him...but just when I had us roughly where I thought it was...the roads are blocked off by some big political rally...the word crazy is suddenly re-defined...but the driver says he can take us around. I am completely lost within a few minutes...but then he stops and tells us to get out...and I look up to see a sign saying surf view. Well done my new best friend. I kind of had this reserved relief feeling...because I have a decent sense of direction, and this place just didnt feel to me it was where I thought it would be. So I go inside, and sure enough, the guy says they dont have my booking, nor any spare rooms. Long story short...there are two Surf View hotels...so we drag our two board bags and two suitcases the three blocks...a similar distance it would have been from the airport ferry...to our cheap but pleasant room where we spend our first night in paradise!!!

PLEASURE: So its the one thing isnt it...the only thing that REALLY matters...the thing that will determine whether the trip is fantastic or shite...the waves. I suffer anxiety prior to all surf trips...will this be the time I get skunked. I stick my head out of the window of my seedy little hotel room, as soon as there is light...to find two pleasantries...firstly, the surf view really does have a surf view...and secondly, there is actually surf to view! Solid three foot waves crashing into the beach. The ferry doesnt leave til 3:30, so we decide to surf Males finest...and actually had a fun surf. I mean I wouldnt travel 10 000 ks and cross five time zones to surf that for ten days or anything, but it was pretty good

PAIN: Didnt anticipate that getting the ferry to Thulusdoo would be any drama, but I was wrong. Went to the foyer and asked where do I go to get ferry tickets to Thulusdoo. Shrugs and blank looks all round. Then they point us north, in the direction of where the airport ferries are...I figured that made sense, so off we go on a little foot mission. I ask at the ticket counter...more shrugs...more fingers pointing north...so we walk from ferry terminal to ticket box...and keep getting shrugs, blank looks, and fingers pointing north...which is now west I guess. I figure someone on the island will eventually know how to get to Thulusdoo...but at that point I didnt think any Maldivians had even heard of Thulusdoo...should have asked them to tell me where the coke factory was...am sure they would have known that. I then find someone, who has some level of confidence, that I will get my tickets at Ferry Terminal 1. We have now walked half way around the island...but reach ferry terminal 1. Unfortunately the guy at ferry terminal one gives us the same confused look we have now grown accustomed to, when asked about ferries to Thulusdoo. So we look again to the taxi drivers...and talk to maybe a dozen of them before we find one who says he knows where to go! And he actually did!

PLEASURE: Ferry trip over...best three bucks I have ever spent

PLEASURE: Upon arrival at our little island paradise...we find Cokes and Chickens to be working nicely...three to four foot, a gentle north wind blowing...offshore for chickens...and perhaps the best news...the surf shack, despite being full...has no other surfers there...nor any booked for the remainder of our stay...cool...any sweet thirty something female European tourists, is that asking too much...that would suit my new found single status! Anyhow, Note to self...thanks God!

AG is a minor deity, so we cannot show his face here on the internet

Stay tuned for PART 2: Groundhog Day!

ctd
barnacle

Post by ctd » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:40 am

Great write up

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:39 am

Almighty God wrote:counting down the minutes...me and the young fella are catching the train to Brisbane in 4 hours...then a few flights later...arriving in Male, Maldives...for a little adventure

you and jesus surfing the early season maldives just as it should be, just as the bible said it would be.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:17 pm

Braithy wrote:
Almighty God wrote:counting down the minutes...me and the young fella are catching the train to Brisbane in 4 hours...then a few flights later...arriving in Male, Maldives...for a little adventure

you and jesus surfing the early season maldives just as it should be, just as the bible said it would be.
Tis true my good and faithful friend. But I told the young bloke he had to use a board this time...that "look at me look at me", walk on water boardless shit is just fcuking showing off

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:37 pm

Keep up the sunscreen amg.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:53 pm

Matticus Finch wrote:Thanks for the update AG, I can't work out if that's fantastic or atrocious timing. Lot of hours on trains and plains for thinking after that bomb. I bet you're feeling a certain relief now though.

Looking forward to part two.
AHH Matticus, once again proving beyond doubt you are the best person in here...saw my post as the hidden but pained cry for help that it was...and feeling my pain brother...thanks...and I am still trying to figure it out too...I think slightly more good about it than bad

And well done to you to beanpole...picking up on my subliminal sunscreen secret message

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:30 pm

Loved the report, I look forward to more pics. enjoy the waves and the backpackers. 8)
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:19 pm

Almighty God wrote: AHH Matticus, once again proving beyond doubt you are the best person in here...saw my post as the hidden but pained cry for help that it was...and feeling my pain brother...thanks...and I am still trying to figure it out too...I think slightly more good about it than bad
I have noticed that whenever I go somewhere I'm usually pissed off for the first day or so, then I ease right into it and enjoy whatever is happening. Not sure why that is though... change of place, reaction to the stress of getting there, who knows
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:25 am

Any updates on the plans for wrath and vengeance on the cheating GF?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:35 pm

He's handed the case notes to Coops now Steve. Its out of his hands. Death becomes her.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Almighty God
regular

Post by Almighty God » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:12 pm

steve shearer wrote:Any updates on the plans for wrath and vengeance on the cheating GF?
Thats just so Jerry Springer of you Steve

but it so happens that I do have a tale to tell...like Matticus said, I had lots of time to think things through...unfortunately I didnt have access to some of the brilliant minds that exist here in this forum...so I just had to do the best with what I have...its not going to impress anyone here, but I will share it anyway. It will be pretty long, sorry, so scroll through all my fellow short attention spanned friends.

Watch this space