Puerto Rico and Tybee Island in late Sept

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Puerto Rico and Tybee Island in late Sept

Post by petulance » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:14 am

AussieinTexas wrote:How D from Texas, Puerto Rico certainly gets good quality waves with a variety of reef, beachy, points on offer. Depending on where you are staying waves will not be that far away. You have planned your arrival to be in the middle of hurricane season = swell, if you can get out of the room due to intense weather. Saw on the news yesterday here in Tx guys surfing in PR during hurricane Bertha, it looked BIG. PR is awesome,cheap and fun.
I haven't sorted out my accommodation yet but I'll be staying somewhere in Rincon. I'll be happy with 2 - 3ft waves and I'll bring my reef booties along as well due to sea urchins.

PR isn't as cheap as Indo ... ;)
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:32 am

OK, my trip is winding up so I thought I would give a brief recap. Late September is definitely not the time to visit Rincon for a surf trip. If you are lucky, there might be some hurricane swell but that didn't happen when I was there. Well I was in PR for a wedding so any waves were always going to be a bonus.

It was pretty much flat in Rincon the whole time I was there. Had to go to Jobos in Isabella for a proper surf. Even then the sets were 2ft if I was being generous. Surfed Domes at low tide and it was about knee to waist high.

There was absolutely nothing at Tybee Island. I didn't see it myself but I think that Georgia has a big tidal range.

Still, at least I can say I surfed in the Caribbean and swam in the Atlantic Ocean. Thanks for your input, offy,
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:33 pm

Southern girls are nice, aren't they Pet?
You really should have come over to NC. We had some decent surf during your peregrinations. Mebbe next time. I reckon it was the same stuff, albeit backswell, hitting France for the Quikky Pro.

I told ya, Georgia and SC are devoid of waves... It's Florida and North Carolina....and North Carolina is way cooler than fcuking disneyworld florida bullshit.

At any rate, hope you had a good time in the South.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:21 am

^^^
Non-surfing reply moved to Tangents.