tumbleweed the extended australia trip

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

offshore1
Duke Status

Re: tumbleweed the extended australia trip

Post by offshore1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:58 am

offshore1 wrote: Image

Looking more closely at that picture, I wonder what the difference is between X, XX, and Super X straw. Obviously Skipper has had a proceedure to stuff a bale of Super X into his nether region.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:10 am

I'm now researching the shortest wait time for back surgery as this cyst can cause perm damage of left to long. Wait time on Sunshine Coast is up to 18 months which is to long. If I was rich I could get elective surgery but that ain't the case. The pills ain't working. The pain is intense and takes my breath away when it hits. I'm thinking of trying a crowd fund though 25 grand is to much to raise. Life sucks hey.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:16 am

I wish I didn't have kids as I've had a good life and I could go happily now. I can't hack this but somehow I gotta. Maybe I need to eat lotsa special cookies everyday but that would cause it's own set of issues. I'm out of ideas and feel lost and terribly afraid of moving anywhere as that brings pain. I don't know what to say anymore but F@*{K THIS LIFE.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:42 am

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Thu May 25, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:13 am

diggerdickson wrote:I'm now researching the shortest wait time for back surgery as this cyst can cause perm damage of left to long. Wait time on Sunshine Coast is up to 18 months which is to long. If I was rich I could get elective surgery but that ain't the case. The pills ain't working. The pain is intense and takes my breath away when it hits. I'm thinking of trying a crowd fund though 25 grand is to much to raise. Life sucks hey.
Digger, you need to get to a public hospital ASAP, the bigger the better.

Go to emergency. Tell them exactly what you've told us in your recent posts, including your family and personal situation - write it down and give it to them so that nothing is missed and its on your file.

If you are in constant pain and/or have an infection, your condition probably won't be classed as being "elective".

In a public hospital ALL patients receive treatment and priority on a "needs" basis. Your infection, mental and family situation could get you near to the top of the queue.

You need to be patient while you're getting into the system, it may take days or even weeks before you are assesed and prioritized. You will spend a lot of time sitting and waiting.

Ive spent hundreds of hours in the public system in Perth with my wife, and its been exceptionally good, so much so that I would not use a private doctor for anything major.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:28 am

Fcuk, that's heavy, digger. Might not be beneficial, but the course I did is based around a book, Mindfulness a practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world. Sounds bullshit, I know, but it's by a professor of clinical psychology at Oxford university, Mark Williams. The examples used are lame reading, but the explanations make sense. Comes with cd of guided meditations. I rarely use those now, but it was a good way to get started. A lot of it is focused in just letting things be as they are. I meditate everyday, sometimes for half an hour lying down, sometimes for less than a minute waiting in line at the supermarket. I often tune right into the pain which might seem absurd, but I'm now much more comfortable with it. Physically and mentally
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:32 am

I endorse fully what cranked just posted

And, for the record, they won't cut my whole arm off, just the bone. Ouch

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:01 am

Cranked wrote:
diggerdickson wrote:I'm now researching the shortest wait time for back surgery as this cyst can cause perm damage of left to long. Wait time on Sunshine Coast is up to 18 months which is to long. If I was rich I could get elective surgery but that ain't the case. The pills ain't working. The pain is intense and takes my breath away when it hits. I'm thinking of trying a crowd fund though 25 grand is to much to raise. Life sucks hey.
Digger, you need to get to a public hospital ASAP, the bigger the better.

Go to emergency. Tell them exactly what you've told us in your recent posts, including your family and personal situation - write it down and give it to them so that nothing is missed and its on your file.

If you are in constant pain and/or have an infection, your condition probably won't be classed as being "elective".

In a public hospital ALL patients receive treatment and priority on a "needs" basis. Your infection, mental and family situation could get you near to the top of the queue.

You need to be patient while you're getting into the system, it may take days or even weeks before you are assesed and prioritized. You will spend a lot of time sitting and waiting.

Ive spent hundreds of hours in the public system in Perth with my wife, and its been exceptionally good, so much so that I would not use a private doctor for anything major.
THIS^^^

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:08 am

Didn't mean to be flippant . Didn't realise how dire your situation had become.
All the best to you digger.
marauding mullet wrote:

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:17 am

I'll be insisting on Super X straw

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:21 am

I'd expect nothing less.
marauding mullet wrote:

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:28 am

I'm with Cranked, go to emergency and present as a life threatening condition, because frankly it is.

ctd
barnacle

Post by ctd » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:02 pm

according to my orthopedic surgeon brother, Cranked is spot on. Not that getting the actual doctor to do something is all that easy but they have to do it and dont let them push you back out until they do it. Make them admit you if you need it (even if its just for the painkillers) - and hospital social services are there to help out your family to the extent they can

the other doctor I know, a neurosurgeon (he is a friend of a friend), was telling me about a month ago just how much advancement has been made with back surgery over the past 5 years. I had a major issue about 8 or 9 years ago and surgery wasnt recommended due to the potential side effects etc - today he says they would operate as a day surgery and I would be fully recovered in a week or so with minimal risk.

Anyway, FWIW, there are some grounds for optimism

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:40 pm

At the hospital we go to in Perth the surgeons have a round table discussion of the cases every week. In that meeting they assess the condition, define and prioritize the treatment and schedule the surgery. Whether you are a public or private patient is not relevant.

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:40 pm

Double post

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:06 pm

Your posts re health bring Mrs Cranked to mind. Stoked for you both and all others who hold her dear

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Thanks swvic.

It was almost enough to make me believe in God and miracles.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:38 pm

Understandable. Might be linked with Braithy and realsurf