Wanna go to PNG for peanuts?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

streetdaddy
Local

Wanna go to PNG for peanuts?

Post by streetdaddy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:34 pm

Please disregard this post... turns out its stupidly complicated, rather than a simple matter of changing names on travel documents. Thanks and apologies to those that PM'd me about it.

Heading to Nusa Island resort in PNG for 9 days (7 surfing) this saturday.

Less than 3 days from departure, one of our group has had to pull out due to illness in the family and is going to lose 100% of the $2600 he's paid for it. I'm talking with the travel agent and its not to late to transfer the accommodation and airline tickets to someone else, albeit with some losses for airline cancellation fees. I'm waiting on a final figure for that and will post as soon as I know... Potentially you could get the trip for the cost of the cancellation fees and a little extra to cheer up our mate. If nobody wants it, then it ends up going to waste...

We're smack bang in the middle of peak swell season over there. I doubt it'll be mackin' 8-10' triple-sucking glory, but from what I here its pretty consistent over there, 3-5' and 9 breaks to choose from a short boat ride from the resort. Also there is a 20 surfer limit in the resort and they have exclusive rights to the breaks AFAIK, and Picanniny point is right out front.

So if you're keen, got a passport, able to be at Brisbane airport for a 10am flight to Pt Moresby this saturday 27th of Jan (returning 4th Feb), then this is an opportunity to potentially get a really cheap trip to PNG. Long shot I know, but we have to try for our mate...

PM me asap if you're keen.
Last edited by streetdaddy on Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:50 pm

Spewing for your mate and for just the cancellation fees and a little for your friend that would be a real cheap trip, wich I could make it but I can't goodluck!

stinky_wes
regular

Post by stinky_wes » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:09 pm

If only i had a damn passport....

Good luck, hope you find some lucky bum to fill the extra spot

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:12 pm

How long does it take to get your passport and how much would the cancellation fees and spending money be?

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:22 pm

quick update after speaking to the travel agent, unfortunately its not as rosey as I thought... Here's the lowdown:

If we can find a replacement (herein known as Bob) for my mates spot, my mate will get around $1900 refund, which he could then pass onto Bob knowing that at least someone got to surf. So, Bob puts up $2600 knowing he'll get some of the refund back from mate. That'd be where the negotiations would be, ie. how much is Bob willing to pay for the trip.

However,

the cancellation>refund process takes up to 4 weeks. So Bob would basically have to put up the $2600 now for the trip and wait for the refund to happen.

Unfortunately not as good as it sounded in the first post, but still looking at a much cheaper trip...

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:54 pm

Long way to go to buy some peanuts. They must grow really good ones up there I guess :roll: :roll:

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:50 pm

They make the drag queens very confident of fitting in. Six foot and built like a prop? No worries :roll: :roll: :roll: